Mock Drafts : Chat

It's been real and it's been fun but it ain't been real fun! bwahahaha take care fellas!

As i said for me ive been saying i want a break for a minute. However going forward i think a voting change would help. I did like @citysushi's idea

As i said for me ive been saying i want a break for a minute. However going forward i think a voting change would help. I did like @citysushi's idea
Thing is, I've never heard anyone...ever...who had just played in the Championship game calling for voting changes lol

@TheRobotDevil?

Not to put you on the spot but any thoughts?
Put me on the spot all you like. Most of the time when a guy comes put after a draft and starts crying about voting changes, he's butt hurt because he felt like he had the better team. Been plenty of times I have been sure I had the best team and lost. Also been 30-40 times I've voted against myself. How many times have you voted against yourself in a draft and how many times did you voted against yourself when the outcome wasn't decided..not to put you on the spot..

Maybe that's the voting change you night consider

Put me on the spot all you like. Most of the time when a guy comes put after a draft and starts crying about voting changes, he's butt hurt because he felt like he had the better team. Been plenty of times I have been sure I had the best team and lost. Also been 30-40 times I've voted against myself. How many times have you voted against yourself in a draft and how many times did you voted against yourself when the outcome wasn't decided..not to put you on the spot..

Maybe that's the voting change you night consider

I voted against myself in the baseball draft just recently. Probably at least half a dozen other times.

There are at least several that want change in that dept and several that are at least open to it. We could probably get to some kind of conclusion if everyone was as open as you just were. Even if that conclusion is no change.

Asking for change or discussion around it isnt butthurt imo. We are spending a lot of time on these things so its worthwhile to sort out

I voted against myself in the baseball draft just recently. Probably at least half a dozen other times.

There are at least several that want change in that dept and several that are at least open to it. We could probably get to some kind of conclusion if everyone was as open as you just were. Even if that conclusion is no change.

Asking for change or discussion around it isnt butthurt imo. We are spending a lot of time on these things so its worthwhile to sort out
I mean, before we change the voting, what EXACTLY is it that is wrong with it? Everyone can vote for themselves or against themselves. All the matchups are close and most people are never gonna agree 100% on who will win a matchup. As you said, we invest a lot of time in these and if we are going to change anything, it'll still need to be decided by those participating, be it hidden votes to Nos, team rankings, scores, can't vote on your own matchup, whatever. Maybe only let the people voted out in the previous round or play in decide the voting. Either way, if we go to outsiders deciding it, I'm out. We tried that shit once, had an open vote, and someone went and got buddies of his to come vote for him, had other voters coming in and saying they voted for team X because they had less Cowboys, that kind of Horseshit. Not doing it

If it were outsiders to me you dont need more than 5 total people. And those that would take it seriously.

If not that then id almost prefer rankings or a suggestion along the lines of what sushi said. And if it is rankings we all need to do a better job of explaining

As for what is wrong...i touched on many of points before but i think most of all the discussion has broken down...probably because people find voting borderline painful

I have gotten to where i more often wait because i find it that brutal

If it were outsiders to me you dont need more than 5 total people. And those that would take it seriously.

If not that then id almost prefer rankings or a suggestion along the lines of what sushi said. And if it is rankings we all need to do a better job of explaining

As for what is wrong...i touched on many of points before but i think most of all the discussion has broken down...probably because people find voting borderline painful

I have gotten to where i more often wait because i find it that brutal
Problem with that is that if we can't get new guys to commit to drafting, how are you gonna find guys to come in and care enough to spend time voting seriously. We tried outsiders. If that's what the group decides then thats how it'll be, but I am out if we do. Been there and done it. Way worse

Problem with that is that if we can't get new guys to commit to drafting, how are you gonna find guys to come in and care enough to spend time voting seriously. We tried outsiders. If that's what the group decides then thats how it'll be, but I am out if we do. Been there and done it. Way worse

Has anyone shared why they participated and now don't?

Just asking not trying to start shit

We’ve suggested to change the voting for years so this isn’t a new thing, not sure why some think this is new. Crying? I don’t see anyone crying, I see suggesting others methods bc like I have said before...it gets old hearing the same opinions over and over again. It just gets old and drawn out. Bringing in new voters that have different opinions is good way to diversify the voting mixed in with the same mock guys. The guys crying to keep the voting the same, even though it is broken, it’s bc they are afraid of change. I can compare it to a company, if you don’t eventually change your ways to match today...you are going to struggle and plummet. I don’t see this group as interested and it is clear. Is that crying? I think it is helping, trying to expand this group and keep this going. It’s just being stubborn otherwise. I’ve won my fair share of mock drafts and while it is fun winning it was more about the conversation and guys getting to together and give their opinions. Not so much these days. Draft, pick a name in voting. Draft. Rinse, Repeat. And if you think this is bitching and crying towards Nos it isn’t. What he has done over the years keeping this up has been remarkable. Right now I’m taking a break, got a lot going on and I don’t have time to run the mocks...it was crazy Nos did it for years. Takes a lot of dedication.

This isn’t the first time me or others have wanted to change the voting and for good reason. Right now, I’m not the only one btw

Cant say enough the effort it must take to keep these things going. Definite props

Point being if the goal is to keep people around and participating.....
Don't care about that either. I do the drafts because I like Nos, Robot, 500, Shane, Ritz, Mebert, Milk, Sushi, WLK RIP and the rest of the fellas. Accept anyone who wants to play, if they don't, stay away

Has anyone shared why they participated and now don't?

Just asking not trying to start shit

Three reasons.

1. They don’t like me. I’m an ass hole who tries to shove my opinions on everyone and I am typically the one who makes the rules, some people don’t like to play by the rules.
2. We draft to fast or to slow.
3. They don’t win right away.

I don’t think it’s the way we vote that’s the problem it’s the fact that it’s the same people voting the same way. There’s no conversation anymore because we all know everyone else’s opinions.

Don't care about that either. I do the drafts because I like Nos, Robot, 500, Shane, Ritz, Mebert, Milk, Sushi, WLK RIP and the rest of the fellas. Accept anyone who wants to play, if they don't, stay away

Fair enough

As long as we are talking about it, I know there are a few in the drafts who believe there are others who simply will not vote for them in a close game.

The voting isn't broken, we are!

Those three reasons I gave actually are the three reasons people leave. I run the drafts so i'm always here, i'm always part of the conversation, i'm stubborn and opinionated and it doesn't sit right with some. I don't give a fuck!

I have had many people complain to me over the years that we draft either to slow for some or to fast for some others.

Some people don't have the personality to handle not winning, that's fine but not many people win right away. Ducey still hasn't won but he's still here trying and I respect that a great deal, not sure I could have done it as long as he has.