Mock Drafts : Chat

Do you remember him crying a couple years ago when he was winning more than anyone? Yeah, me neither...
Actually I did mention it years ago (when I was winning?). You are probably the last one to talk...you cry more than anyone here, you just do it over text! LOL

Here is another one for you, I think we should make the drafts to include more current players, less current year restrictions. Lets hear what others think about that

I have an idea....How about one of the regulars decides each mock...only they don't participate. So one by one we sit a draft and judge)I ain't sitting baseball though lol). One judge, one vote, everyone gets to be the say all end all equally. One catch, the person acting as judge can't simply say Stakes or UK or 500, he has to break down what he saw in each matchup and how he thought it would play out. Beyond that, the judge's vote is final and beyond contest
And see this is a good way to change up the voting. It might not last but it's worth a try.

This actually sounds like a pretty good idea to me. We should give it a trial run. At the very least we could run a set of drafts to test this out and have everyone have an opportunity to be a judge. In addition, because there's only one judge I think the drafting teams could do a little write up too if they'd like on why their team would win (or not win) and we could actually have some debate on the matchups.

Since @Shanemansj13 is out for this upcoming draft, lets make him the first judge for our next draft. Let's just do an open MLB draft, 1890-2000.
Like I said, I am fine with any idea someone has to change up the voting. If I am out for a draft I will not mind being the one judge. I think the small write-up for each team should be mandatory, we used to do this all the time.

Actually I did mention it years ago (when I was winning?). You are probably the last one to talk...you cry more than anyone here, you just do it over text! LOL

Here is another one for you, I think we should make the drafts to include more current players, less current year restrictions. Lets hear what others think about that

I actually do not love the most current players because bias naturally will drive towards those still playing.

Like for example if you have the ability to choose between say Zion Williamson and George McGinnis, who are you going to take? I mean, Zion looks like a monster, but so did Blake Griffin in his 2nd year. Or what about George Kittle vs. Mike Ditka.

Just makes judging that much harder because we have different standards for players. I was guilty of this when I first joined the draft and I think I had a matchup against @Nosferatu . I drafted a ton of 3 point shooters who leaned towards current and his roster comprised of mainly HOFers. My thoughts have shifted slightly in that I think you need balance for these drafts, but the era's of basketball in particular matter to judging.

Obviously I'm all for more current players (and all together an occasional current draft)

I think the cap at times is way overkill. Especially football and heck even basketball.

Quite frankly I have a more difficult time evaluating a guy like Grant Hill than I do Giannis. Do I think of him as peak Grant? Or journeyman Grant? Or a mix? Probably moreso the latter but a guy like that is tough.

Joe Klecko would be another example of that in the last draft.

Drafting Giannis isn't quite like drafting Zion or something where we don't quite know what kind of player he will be

Just my opinion. Obviously biased towards the more current gen

No, you're just the ringleader. When you lose its got to be "voter issues". Ridiculous
Do you remember him crying a couple years ago when he was winning more than anyone? Yeah, me neither...

The notion that you can't have an opinion on wanting to change things up around here is probably the most stifling thing about the drafts. It's not the voting itself, it's not any sort of "influence" to draft players, and it's not the perceptions of new era vs. old school.

It's the actual interactions that take place that don't allow for growth. There's a difference between something not working out and not trying it entirely. What's the worst that can happen in these drafts if we switched it up for a few drafts just to try something new? It doesn't work out and we go back to what we did. Best case is that it reinvigorates the drafters and sparks debate and conversation.

Being outright dismissive of ideas is honestly what's killed things around here. I loved (and still love) drafting with you guys because I've learned so much about sports that I knew at a cursory level that I now had a deeper appreciation for.

But ya'll are out of line going at Shane this way after all the years of drafting. I said the same thing defending @Nosferatu when he was called out a little while back by Stakes.

or if we don't want to rotate owners out of drafting, we can always after every draft, owners will pick the 3 worst teams, and PM them to the commish… the commish tallies them up and the three teams that get the most votes to be the worst teams will act as the judges... the only 3 judges...

so basically, we pick the judges, the judges pick the winners... its also a be careful, if you don't trust a judge, then you might not want them to be the judge...

and since UK says he likes me, he may now actually vote for me... so guys, you should all be scared....

The notion that you can't have an opinion on wanting to change things up around here is probably the most stifling thing about the drafts. It's not the voting itself, it's not any sort of "influence" to draft players, and it's not the perceptions of new era vs. old school.

It's the actual interactions that take place that don't allow for growth. There's a difference between something not working out and not trying it entirely. What's the worst that can happen in these drafts if we switched it up for a few drafts just to try something new? It doesn't work out and we go back to what we did. Best case is that it reinvigorates the drafters and sparks debate and conversation.

Being outright dismissive of ideas is honestly what's killed things around here. I loved (and still love) drafting with you guys because I've learned so much about sports that I knew at a cursory level that I now had a deeper appreciation for.

But ya'll are out of line going at Shane this way after all the years of drafting. I said the same thing defending @Nosferatu when he was called out a little while back by Stakes.

I think before you say i'm going after Shane you should look back at this post below.

Every time someone disagrees with you, you wrong a hissy fit. So it's more like, they are tired of arguing with you and they fold. That is not influential.

I don't think many would actually agree with you about some of your player opinions bc they are really out there but then you throw a hissy fit but it's mainly about older generational players tbh.

You think there isn't a theme:

Hall
Mookie
Sushi (not sure this was the same topic)
Stakes

If someone doesn't have the same opinion or they god forbide say something you disagree with....you throw a hissy fit and then leave or stop drafting. If you don't agree..which I don't expect you to then take it for what it is but it's the truth. I consider you and everyone else here a friend but this is only to help this board from going dead...improvements and it seems like you are willing to listen to changing up the voting, others not so much or they are to the point where they really don't care.

So for you to call me a crybaby bc I want to attempt to change up the voting process bc this one is boring and out of date....I could care less

For the record, I think it's pretty clear I have been open to new voting ideas, I do not care what you guys decide.

For the record, I think it's pretty clear I have been open to new voting ideas, I do not care what you guys decide.

I have a good voting rule change... Everyone votes for milk, and if you don't then you are a communist...

Yep and I respect your opinion and it didn't bother me in the slightest

And to piggyback off sushi post that's my and I believe Shane's whole thing. This is a pretty huge time investment. It's one thing if I totally fuck a draft up like the baseball one versus I think I have a decent team and I get swept and I'm like....huh? So at the minimum some discussion would help alleviate that. Losing is losing. It's just a mock draft. It's the investment of time into a thing to just have it boiled down to very little dialogue and then it's done.

One of the best things about sports is the back and forth...the opinions and debate

And to piggyback off sushi post that's my and I believe Shane's whole thing. This is a pretty huge time investment. It's one thing if I totally fuck a draft up like the baseball one versus I think I have a decent team and I get swept and I'm like....huh? So at the minimum some discussion would help alleviate that. Losing is losing. It's just a mock draft. It's the investment of time into a thing to just have it boiled down to very little dialogue and then it's done.

One of the best things about sports is the back and forth...the opinions and debate

The main reason for me voting needs to change somehow is to stop having people lose before they get a chance to vote or make a statement about their team, I have always hated that.

The main reason for me voting needs to change somehow is to stop having people lose before they get a chance to vote or make a statement about their team, I have always hated that.

that's the last thing any of us care about IMO...

the problem with voting has always been the inconsistency of voters... or at least the belief that other owners have been inconsistent with their voters... The fact that we don't trust eachother to make the most simple voting system to work is the problem...

and honestly, if we do shrink the number of voters we can at least pinpoint if anyone really votes WRONG...

and yes there is such thing as wrong...

This actually sounds like a pretty good idea to me. We should give it a trial run. At the very least we could run a set of drafts to test this out and have everyone have an opportunity to be a judge. In addition, because there's only one judge I think the drafting teams could do a little write up too if they'd like on why their team would win (or not win) and we could actually have some debate on the matchups.

Since @Shanemansj13 is out for this upcoming draft, lets make him the first judge for our next draft. Let's just do an open MLB draft, 1890-2000.
There's a draft I am down with!

LOL I've lost my fair share of matches. Some I think I should have won, some I think I had a shitty team. I've said change up the voting for years is a good option and I'm not even the first one to mention it. So you're wrong.

This system has been broken for years and you are lying to yourself if you don't agree. I mentioned one way to change it and you and Nos have a fit. There are ways to change up the voting where the voting isn't stale and boring.
Kobe Bryant GIF

And see this is a good way to change up the voting. It might not last but it's worth a try.
You get to be the first judge. Only way it doesn't work is if someone blatantly calls you a cheater. I love the one judge idea myself.