Mock Drafts : Chat

You get to be the first judge. Only way it doesn't work is if someone blatantly calls you a cheater. I love the one judge idea myself.

I kind of like my version better because nobody has to be cycled out of not drafting...

simply after every draft each owner PMs the commish the three worse teams in that draft... the 3 owners who get the most votes are the three judges...

I kind of like my version better because nobody has to be cycled out of not drafting...

simply after every draft each owner PMs the commish the three worse teams in that draft... the 3 owners who get the most votes are the three judges...

And if there's a tie? lolzzz

Write ups are a great idea as long as they are controlled, the reason we stopped doing them is some people wrote books while others wrote two lines.

Write ups are a great idea as long as they are controlled, the reason we stopped that is some people wrote books while others wrote two lines.

I also like the idea of a rebuttal... if someone votes one way for a certain reason, an owner is allowed to attempt to change his mind...

I also like the idea of a rebuttal... if someone votes one way for a certain reason, an owner is allowed to attempt to change his mind...

Yeah, i'm sure nobody will have an issue with a judge changing his mind, happens in most things that are judged, lolzzz

I'm down with this. Someone want to 2nd the motion?

Actually I did mention it years ago (when I was winning?). You are probably the last one to talk...you cry more than anyone here, you just do it over text! LOL

Here is another one for you, I think we should make the drafts to include more current players, less current year restrictions. Lets hear what others think about that
Mhmmm on the current players

I like a lot of the ideas I’m reading on changes to the voting system. And I think @citysushi made a great point never hurts to try some new things.

If we are using a ranking system I do like mills idea of three worst. I would hate to see some games lost because we are ranking teams. Some of the best games I’ve seen on here and in sports in general were won by teams that were a bad match up for a team that looks great on paper.

I also like the idea of discussing the games like we used too. I think we lost a lot of that when we lost WLK. And some more of that discussion with changes in our lives outside the draft. A lot of us don’t have the time we used to.

I also like the rebuttal suggestion. Opening up conversation on the games may take some of the opinion on players, picks during the draft or using set rankings with voting down and put more focus on the games and individual team matchups imo.

one of the thinks I really did enjoy this last draft was being able to pick current players and seeing offensive and defense dive systems. I think that gives us a fresh look, more to talk or think about about and I thought that made it easier to vote. Would definitely like to see the addition of current players much more often. I was never big on change but I’ve learned change can be very good keeps things from becoming routine.But that’s just my opinion.

Hate to play devil's advocate but if 3 owners are out and now judges that could at times leave just 5 or 6 people in a playoff, then what? Do you do a play-in game? If so who's in that? Or if it's 6 or 7 then what?

Secondly, if y'all are using bottom three, what happens if the same person(s) is bottom three like 4 drafts straight? That person(s) is/are going to start disliking this new way if they never even have a chance to be in the playoffs.

Hate to play devil's advocate but if 3 owners are out and now judges that could at times leave just 5 or 6 people in a playoff, then what? Do you do a play-in game? If so who's in that? Or if it's 6 or 7 then what?

Secondly, if y'all are using bottom three, what happens if the same person(s) is bottom three like 4 drafts straight? That person(s) is/are going to start disliking this new way if they never even have a chance to be in the playoffs.

i actually think that people are going to have fun being a "judge"... so i dont think people will be too sour... But we can always implement a rule saying you can't be a judge more than twice in a row...

as to the playoff being odd amount of teams... maybe the judges could also choose the matchups... but like you said before, nobody cares about third place... so really who cares if any team gets a bye... but we can play it by ear and see what's best each draft...

Change is always good. I haven't commented much the past few days but I'm up for whatever you guys decide. If that involves a bunch of us drafting and some others as judges then so be it. I do these drafts because they're fun and I like you guys (Non ghey now). If I win I win if I don't I don't then so be it. It's a good outlet from this crazy covid world we're in now. All I know is change is good but I can't wait to get back to drafting with you guys. The draft ideas here are fun.

That's why we should just start small. One judge, alternating one each draft. That was rankings don't factor in to you not being able to participate in the playoffs as everyone should.

i actually think that people are going to have fun being a "judge"... so i dont think people will be too sour... But we can always implement a rule saying you can't be a judge more than twice in a row...

as to the playoff being odd amount of teams... maybe the judges could also choose the matchups... but like you said before, nobody cares about third place... so really who cares if any team gets a bye... but we can play it by ear and see what's best each draft...
Personally I think judging would be fun. Especially not having as much time to draft as much as I would like lately. Could also generate interest in outside judges if anyone wanted to try that route with a small hooplacash motivation. May also get more conversation and interest in others drafting. Just throwing ideas out there tho

a lot of guys a lot of us miss may be interested itoo tho broncosmitty stokes....

That's why we should just start small. One judge, alternating one each draft. That was rankings don't factor in to you not being able to participate in the playoffs as everyone should.

why should everyone participate though. I think when we draft bad teams we know we drafted bad teams.

and the problem with a rotation is that the the owner can’t participate in the draft. And drafts are always better with us all in them. With that said there are many of us that want to take a break every now and then. So maybe it is not an problem.
But these drafts take so long it is not fair to say to anyone who wants to draft that they can’t for the next two or more weeks

Rankings are sent, bottom three are judges but you can't be a judge two drafts in a row?

You have to provide a brief write-up on each game as a judge and y'all would have to agree to accept the judges ruling whether you agree with it or not, what you don't want is people holding grudges thinking well he voted against me when he was a judge now it's my turn scenario.

You don't need all three judges to vote for you, two out of three moves you on which will help avoid what I said above.

@UK Cowboy
@stakesarehigh
@citysushi
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
@Pack 500
@Tony Danza’s dancers
@Tducey
@TheRobotDevil
@Mebert
@Centerfield17
@RITZY

Only issue I see is if you have ties in the bottom three rankings, maybe you rank every team top to bottom that should help fight that happening but there may still be ties and if the two people tying weren't judges last draft that would need to be decided.

One way I guess could be counting top votes.

EX

Femur and Sushi both finish with 16 points and they are tied for third worst scores meaning the tie needs to be broken, let's say Sushi had a second place vote and the best vote Femur had was third, Sushi would move on. Something like that is an idea I guess.