Mock Drafts : Chat

For NFL, how about a position groups tier draft

Offense
3 Backfield(QB, HB, FB) - You get to pick one HOFer, one non HOF with less than 5 Pro Bowls and one Non Pro Bowl player
5 WR's/TE- one HOFer, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's
5 OL - One HOFer, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's

Defense
7 Front Seven (DT's, DE's LB's) - Two HOFers, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, three that combined for 3 PB's
6 Defensive Backs(Corners and Safeties) - Two HOF, two non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's

I like the idea, but 26? We should make it 4 WR/TE and 5 DB, but yeah I like it.

So with baseball finished I guess football is next.

Final table beat

I'm second to act with aces. First to act bets 800 chips (double ante), I double him up. Third to act calls...first to act shoves in as do I. Third to act matches.

Third to act has a fucking five/six suited. I turn over aces. First to act has jacks.

Fucking flop is 2,2,3, then an 8,. then a flipping four. Incredible.

Matches two shoves with a five,six

Under the gun with Aces you have to be way more aggressive, heads up is the goal there.

No matter how you slice it though, calling a raise and a retailer when you have nothing in the pot(except maybe ante) is a questionable call. Was he short stacked? I can see him taking his shot at tripling up. Not a good play then, but sort of understandable.

Under the gun with Aces you have to be way more aggressive, heads up is the goal there.

No matter how you slice it though, calling a raise and a retailer when you have nothing in the pot(except maybe ante) is a questionable call. Was he short stacked? I can see him taking his shot at tripling up. Not a good play then, but sort of understandable.

I am by no means defending the play, just curious about a lot of the particulars. 2nd to act on a full table is way different than 4 or whatever.

For NFL, how about a position groups tier draft

Offense
3 Backfield(QB, HB, FB) - You get to pick one HOFer, one non HOF with less than 5 Pro Bowls and one Non Pro Bowl player
5 WR's/TE- one HOFer, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's
5 OL - One HOFer, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's

Defense
7 Front Seven (DT's, DE's LB's) - Two HOFers, two Non that combined for 8 or less PB's, three that combined for 3 PB's
6 Defensive Backs(Corners and Safeties) - Two HOF, two non that combined for 8 or less PB's, two that combined for 2 PB's
Tommy was asking about this having 26 players, but I like the 2 additional players. Everyone is always choosing either a TE or a FB, , now they can have both. They can go FB, 2TE, 3 WR'S, or FB, TE, 4 WR's or FB 5 WR's. And the DB's can include 4 corners or 3 safeties and play big nickel. Makes matchup's clearer IMO

I am by no means defending the play, just curious about a lot of the particulars. 2nd to act on a full table is way different than 4 or whatever.
I also asked earlier how many players were at the table. I like to think I know what I’m doing for the most part in poker and need more info from the get go to assess.

So are we starting a draft soon?

Kinda feels like the drafts are dead. At least for me...