Monday patriots day thread

My apartment didn't ding me for the floor damage/ repair attempt. That's good

I'm too lazy to go through the thread and fine out. What happened to your floors?

and so much for the "urgency" by my landlord to fix the down spout on the side of my building that keeps on knocking against the sides and and making it sound like it was pouring water... Thing snapped in half.. Over a week ago he came and saw it and said he'd "get right on it"

and so much for the "urgency" by my landlord to fix the down spout on the side of my building that keeps on knocking against the sides and and making it sound like it was pouring water... Thing snapped in half.. Over a week ago he came and saw it and said he'd "get right on it"
Shoulda snapped it yourself a week ago

I'm too lazy to go through the thread and fine out. What happened to your floors?
You would have had to have went back a couple months.

Some tape took off the floor varnish, and I patched it up

unpossible. the game is the game, you try harder you'll end up like the tired characters in this thread that shall remain nameless.
Frustrated Brendon Urie GIF by Taylor Swift

you're boring as fuck and know it, as we all are. a news story or an amusing anecdote may arise here or there, but when it doesn't, it's just derp, derp, derp between some folks over derp. i get we have to fill the time, but maybe go back to your jobs and put in the work at that point. i don't know, it just gets tiresome.

Reactions: ill
Shoulda snapped it yourself a week ago

It was snapped for 4-5 months.. I finally figured out what it was a few weeks ago and he came last week

You would have had to have went back a couple months.

Some tape took off the floor varnish, and I patched it up

Oh.. Yeah you shouldn't get screwed for that. I might when he see's the scratched up wooden floor portion I have from the stool seats taken an inch to 2 1/2 inches off in places

It was snapped for 4-5 months.. I finally figured out what it was a few weeks ago and he came last week
guess you weren't his type.

I think that can just depend on the landlord/complex. Some can try to charge for all they can. Some just assume that there will be minor damage, and account for it. I think the most I've been charged was a hundo or so. I've had to put down a months rent before, but this one was only $100.
We charge one month's rent for our rental house and then just hold onto it for however long they stay. We've never dinged anyone for anything yet. One month's deposit helps the effort to keep out the people that'll treat your property like absolute shit.

Reactions: Me
We charge one month's rent for our rental house and then just hold onto it for however long they stay. We've never dinged anyone for anything yet. One month's deposit helps the effort to keep out the people that'll treat your property like absolute shit.
Yeah, I think that's pretty standard. I would do that, too.

did you have to put down a security deposit? i always wonder what they could ever really do and if it's just a myth on security damage. i never had to do a security deposit at my first apartment (stayed there almost a decade). area rug i bought had some rubberish underneath it. that shit stuck to the floor from the numerous times my cup was spilled. i guess it was more than long enough to bother about any of that. was concerned upon moving out at first, but really, they already got their money from a nice run from me.
They do walk throughs with people here at move out. I moved out at the start of COVID last year so they didn’t even do that. They had me leave the unit unlocked and the keys on the kitchen counter... weird AF. So they sent me a check in the mail for about half my deposit. Usually they do the walk throughs and let you know what you’re getting dinged for.

They do walk throughs with people here at move out. I moved out at the start of COVID last year so they didn’t even do that. They had me leave the unit unlocked and the keys on the kitchen counter... weird AF. So they sent me a check in the mail for about half my deposit. Usually they do the walk throughs and let you know what you’re getting dinged for.
You didn't take pictures/video before you left? They should have listed the items for what they charged you for.

I take a video walk through before I leave.

and that's where i was coming from to a point. i had no safety deposit, but was there for a decade. i know they had to resurface the floor at the least after i left, but i guess 9 years was a good run and probably needed it anyway. guess i wasn't a bad tenant save the few weeks a let the crackhead stay with me.

and that's where i was coming from to a point. i had no safety deposit, but was there for a decade. i know they had to resurface the floor at the least after i left, but i guess 9 years was a good run and probably needed it anyway. guess i wasn't a bad tenant save the few weeks a let the crackhead stay with me.
They also aren't supposed to charge you for normal wear and tear. After 10 years, resurfacing a floor is probably considered standard.

Reactions: Me
They also aren't supposed to charge you for normal wear and tear. After 10 years, resurfacing a floor is probably considered standard.

angry scott pilgrim vs the world GIF