More Michigan Cheating

Which he will no longer be because he is a cheater, and soon be exposed as a liar.
lol. Not going to happen. Nothing else has come out in the last few weeks. We probably know about everything at this point, which is basically nothing. The NCAA may do something unimportant, fines or scholarship reductions. Hell, they may even try and put an asterisk next to the wins. Harbaugh already took a 3 game suspension for this, which is certainly going to be in any kind of appeal Michigan might make (if it comes to that). Hell, they might even rule it's not that big of a deal. I don't care. I get to tell ohio state fans to die mad from now until forever. Nothing removes what happened to them on Saturday (or the prior 2 year) and it's glorious.

If that ended up being a thing then any school under NCAA investigation should fine their coach and anyone impacted $1 and claim they have suffered their punishment. NCAA could easily come in and say "the 3 games was a good start, but here is what we really want".
What if the NCAA deemed the punishment was too harsh? How do you lessen the punishment?

lol. Not going to happen. Nothing else has come out in the last few weeks. We probably know about everything at this point, which is basically nothing. The NCAA may do something unimportant, fines or scholarship reductions. Hell, they may even try and put an asterisk next to the wins. Harbaugh already took a 3 game suspension for this, which is certainly going to be in any kind of appeal Michigan might make (if it comes to that). I don't care. I get to tell ohio state fans to die mad from now until forever. Nothing removes what happened to them on Saturday and it's glorious.
Seeing UM flip from "we are going to fight this, fuck the NCAA" to then seeing what the NCAA has and dropping everything and screaming UNCLE should tell you that this is far from over.

What if the NCAA deemed the punishment was too harsh? How do you lessen the punishment?
You don't, you just say the punishment was sufficient.

Seeing UM flip from "we are going to fight this, fuck the NCAA" to then seeing what the NCAA has and dropping everything and screaming UNCLE should tell you that this is far from over.
lol, nah. It tells me that they had a coach the day of the trial telling kids what to say and they had to fire him. Which is very literally what happened. The NCAA hasn't even issued a notice of allegations. This is over in my mind, irrelevant of what the pointless organization that is the NCAA says months, if not years, from now.

lol, nah. It tells me that they had a coach the day of the trial telling kids what to say and they had to fire him. Which is very literally what happened.
and the naivety in you thinks that is all that happened, and I'm certain there is more. Just because it is all you heard, this entire investigation has been a stream of leaks that progressively get worse and worse.

You don't, you just say the punishment was sufficient.
So the B1G gets to punish and Michigan accepts ... then the NCAA comes in and says; "I want to punish then too"? Did the B1G advise the NCAA that they were punishing Michigan and then the NCAA we want to punish them too. That doesn't sound wrong to you?

Does this scandal wipe out 3 straight losses by Ohio State?

"If we can't beat them on the field, we'll beat them in the league office."

and the naivety in you thinks that is all that happened, and I'm certain there is more. Just because it is all you heard, this entire investigation has been a stream of leaks that progressively get worse and worse.
Nope. Stopped getting worse. There's nothing more. Media members have been digging for weeks and they're out of things. They scraped up every little click they could get for Ryan's story, Ryan successfully got Harbaugh suspended through nonsense sportsmanship rules and then he missed. The NCAA isn't going to do shit that matters.

Does this scandal wipe out 3 straight losses by Ohio State?

"If we can't beat them on the field, we'll beat them in the league office."
Bet Cryin' Ryan has this under his name on his office door.

So the B1G gets to punish and Michigan accepts ... then the NCAA comes in and says; "I want to punish then too"? Did the B1G advise the NCAA that they were punishing Michigan and then the NCAA we want to punish them too. That doesn't sound wrong to you?
It doesn't sound wrong at all. The NCAA opened an investigation. if the B1G wants to go before the NCAA and try to do their own punishment, that's on them. It shouldn't affect the NCAA investigation at all.

It doesn't sound wrong at all. The NCAA opened an investigation. if the B1G wants to go before the NCAA and try to do their own punishment, that's on them. It shouldn't affect the NCAA investigation at all.
The B10 also has the ability to punish Michigan for things that are not NCAA violations.

The B1G should not have stepped in on the investigation. I smell a future law suit here if any other punishment is added. Why do you think Michigan dropped the lawsuit?

The B1G should not have stepped in on the investigation. I smell a future law suit here if any other punishment is added. Why do you think Michigan dropped the lawsuit?
Do you think that schools haven't previously tried to take preemptive punishment and then the NCAA stepped in and levied additional punishment? That happens all the time, self punishment then the NCAA adds onto it. Most recent I can remember was Arizona basketball where they self imposed a postseason ban then the NCAA came in and added fines and scholarship reductions.

And Michigan dropped it, I think, because they discovered what all the NCAA had on them. and a lawsuit would lay it all out, while NCAA findings can be kept secret.

Do you think that schools haven't previously tried to take preemptive punishment and then the NCAA stepped in and levied additional punishment? That happens all the time, self punishment then the NCAA adds onto it. Most recent I can remember was Arizona basketball where they self imposed a postseason ban then the NCAA came in and added fines and scholarship reductions.

And Michigan dropped it, I think, because they discovered what all the NCAA had on them. and a lawsuit would lay it all out, while NCAA findings can be kept secret.
Maybe ... but self imposing and conference punishments are two different things. You have to admit in-person scouting may be the most minor violation (except buy a recruit a cheeseburger). I wonder if there is another sports organization that doesn't allow in-person scouting.

Maybe ... but self imposing and conference punishments are two different things. You have to admit in-person scouting may be the most minor violation (except buy a recruit a cheeseburger). I wonder if there is another sports organization that doesn't allow in-person scouting.
Take it up with the conference then, I don't honestly care. But nothing the B1G did will prevent the NCAA coming in and applying additional punishment.

rules are rules and arguing the severity of the rule breaking is pointless. Everyone either follows the rules or is smart enough to not formalize it and get busted.

The B10 also has the ability to punish Michigan for things that are not NCAA violations.
That damned conference can burn. The time is coming when they will go away and that will be a good day