Most loyal B1G fan bases

michigan at 3 is a joke. They come around when the team perks it's head up above mediocrity every so often and then disappear when they fall back down, hence the classic "2 free football tickets with purchase of any 2 Coca-Cola products" promotion from a few years ago.

do you have a tattoo of your school's logo and when you make sweet love to your wife, do you play the school fight song on repeat?
Haha, yeah, but those are not quantifiable circumstances.

See, I seem to remember a ton of empty seats when Michigan was shit under Rich Rod and Hoke, and if OSU ever went through a rough patch, it would be interesting to see their turnout.

If this were the SEC, I’d put SCar near the front since they usually suck and still draw a lot of fans to the game. They’re shitty fans, but they’re there

michigan at 3 is a joke. They come around when the team perks it's head up above mediocrity every so often and then disappear when they fall back down, hence the classic "2 free football tickets with purchase of any 2 Coca-Cola products" promotion from a few years ago.
Disappear? I think it might feel that way only because we have the largest stadium in the entire country. See what happens to Ohio State fans if you start struggling to make a bowl game for a decade. Even when we were terrible, we were regularly filling a 108,000 seat stadium. Ohio State fans are quitting on the team because of two losses in a decade.

Disappear? I think it might feel that way only because we have the largest stadium in the entire country. See what happens to Ohio State fans if you start struggling to make a bowl game for a decade. Even when we were terrible, we were regularly filling a 108,000 seat stadium. Ohio State fans are quitting on the team because of two losses in a decade.
It's not hard to fill a stadium when you're giving a free ticket away with the purchase of $1.29 diet coke, though

It's not hard to fill a stadium when you're giving a free ticket away with the purchase of $1.29 diet coke, though
Not hard to fill a stadium with 30,000 fewer seats either. Again, the only reason we had that problem was the size of our stadium compared to pretty much anyone else. If OSU had a decade of losses, they'd be giving them away for cokes as well. Watch what happens if OSU loses against Michigan again this year. Hell, Nebraska donors had to buy up huge blocks of tickets and give them away to keep their "sell out" streak alive.

Don't think there's any question Nebraska is #1. They've been putting up with bad/mediocre play for awhile now and still going pretty strong.

Ohio State is tough to judge. Even during the darkest times when they couldn't beat Michigan in the 90s they still won a lot of games. Seems like they only have 1-3 tough years at the most then bounce back. They have also been really fortunate with coach hires.

Think I'd have Penn State at #2. Those people get crazy and they adamantly defended the school even during a giant pedo scandal. If that's not blind loyalty I don't know what is

Not hard to fill a stadium with 30,000 fewer seats either. Again, the only reason we had that problem was the size of our stadium compared to pretty much anyone else. If OSU had a decade of losses, they'd be giving them away for cokes as well. Watch what happens if OSU loses against Michigan again this year. Hell, Nebraska donors had to buy up huge blocks of tickets and give them away to keep their "sell out" streak alive.

Difference is Nebraska is still filling pretty much their entire stadium with their own fans. At its lowest, Michigan's stadium had a lot of opposing fans.

I won't disagree with you that Ohio State could go through the same thing though with serious struggles

Difference is Nebraska is still filling pretty much their entire stadium with their own fans. At its lowest, Michigan's stadium had a lot of opposing fans.

I won't disagree with you that Ohio State could go through the same thing though with serious struggles
Again, pretty easy to do with 30,000 less seats to fill.

Again, pretty easy to do with 30,000 less seats to fill.

It's more than that. I was at the game in 2016 when Ohio State absolutely humiliated them 62-3. Not a single Nebraska fan around me left that game early.

In 2019, when Michigan lost badly in Ann Arbor that stadium was empty of Wolverine fans. Thousands of Ohio State fans were there doing their stadium cheer.

It takes a different type of fan to sit there and watch your team get crushed

The thing about Nebraska is that they travel well, also. Always liked seeing them on the home schedule. Good for filling the stadium and scalpers.