Most loyal B1G fan bases

Not hard to fill a stadium with 30,000 fewer seats either. Again, the only reason we had that problem was the size of our stadium compared to pretty much anyone else. If OSU had a decade of losses, they'd be giving them away for cokes as well. Watch what happens if OSU loses against Michigan again this year. Hell, Nebraska donors had to buy up huge blocks of tickets and give them away to keep their "sell out" streak alive.
We will still pack our stadium. OSU has given 0 sign that they're about to descend into late 2000s-mid 2010s michigan levels of mediocrity/suckiness. However, if you are needing to giveaway tickets with the purchase of a diet coke, that tells me your fanbase isn't that terribly loyal. Then again, I guess it depends on how much you value filling stadium capacities in terms of loyalty. Anymore with how expensive it is, I wouldn't blame people for staying at home.

I have a hard time saying Nebraska when they are the only FBS program and no NFL team. When I went to York, nobody seemed to be a Nebraska basketball fan. Creighton was good and Nebraska sucked.

I think if there was a successful G5 team in Nebraska, that loyalty would not be as strong.

I would say fans of teams like Indiana and Purdue, who also have Notre Dame and NFL.

I say Iowa is quite loyal, but I wouldn't put them Top 3 on this list.

It's more than that. I was at the game in 2016 when Ohio State absolutely humiliated them 62-3. Not a single Nebraska fan around me left that game early.

In 2019, when Michigan lost badly in Ann Arbor that stadium was empty of Wolverine fans. Thousands of Ohio State fans were there doing their stadium cheer.

It takes a different type of fan to sit there and watch your team get crushed
Kind of like how Ohio Stadium started emptying out after Edward's last run last year? I'm not sure you can blame Michigan fans after two decades of losses. I don't think you really truly understand what that feels like.

I might be a homer, but Wisconsin at 7 is too low. We love our Badgers.

You also have a population over 5 times what Nebraska has. And it's really closer to 20k less.
Not so fast my friend....

Ann Arbor has a population of 121,000 -- Lincoln Nebraska has more than twice that at 292,000. Sure, the state has a larger population but it can't be overstated that the capacity of UM stadium is roughly a little under the entire population of the city.

Kind of like how Ohio Stadium started emptying out after Edward's last run last year? I'm not sure you can blame Michigan fans after two decades of losses. I don't think you really truly understand what that feels like.

I'm not defending Ohio State. I straight up said I don't disagree with you Ohio State would probably drop off with a long period of struggle.

I'm disagreeing with your statements about Nebraska.

How do you quantify loyalty?
I'm betting his system is similar to the census where Democrats insist illegal aliens be counted so you know homeless and orphans are in the headcount.

It's more than that. I was at the game in 2016 when Ohio State absolutely humiliated them 62-3. Not a single Nebraska fan around me left that game early.

In 2019, when Michigan lost badly in Ann Arbor that stadium was empty of Wolverine fans. Thousands of Ohio State fans were there doing their stadium cheer.

It takes a different type of fan to sit there and watch your team get crushed
Ann Arbor is a whore.

Not so fast my friend....

Ann Arbor has a population of 121,000 -- Lincoln Nebraska has more than twice that at 292,000. Sure, the state has a larger population but it can't be overstated that the capacity of UM stadium is roughly a little under the entire population of the city.
That might matter if only people from the city went to the games, but that isn't the case.

And many things can be overstated, you have stated this plenty of times already.

Ann Arbor is a whore.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That might matter if only people from the city went to the games, but that isn't the case.

And many things can be overstated, you have stated this plenty of times already.
And that might be a good point if Lincoln wasn't a 50 minute drive to the largest city in Nebraska, Omaha.

But there's also the fact that Nebraska is really the only sports team in the entire state. There's no professional teams, no other major university teams. That's it. Nebraska people only have Nebraska to follow. The state of Michigan has 5 Div1 college teams alone.

And that might be a good point if Lincoln wasn't a 50 minute drive to the largest city in Nebraska, Omaha.
So what, you have more than 5 times the population
But there's also the fact that Nebraska is really the only sports team in the entire state. There's no professional teams, no other major university teams. That's it. Nebraska people only have Nebraska to follow.
True, but again... you have more than 5 times the population. No getting around that.

So what, you have more than 5 times the population

True, but again... you have more than 5 times the population. No getting around that.
5 times the population, and 5x the number of college teams....

I am sure the fan bases are all equally divided.
I might actually bet that there's more Nebraska fans in the state of Nebraska than University of Michigan fans in the state of Michigan. If not more, then it's probably darn close.

The great thing about Michigan/ohio state is that the two programs hate each other and we can not stand seeing the "other team" successful against us.