Musicans/players all porpoise check in and bullshit thread

That post made me think about how hung up people get on wattage when considering amps, but never consider speaker sensitivity and efficiency or anything else. It’s such a pointless thing to make your only consideration.

That post made me think about how hung up people get on wattage when considering amps, but never consider speaker sensitivity and efficiency or anything else. It’s such a pointless thing to make your only consideration.

The only instrument you play is the skin flute.

Or worse yet - purchase solely on brand. Pretty much every amp manufacturer has a cheapo brand just for people who want the badge of say owning a Marshall. I owned a Marshall Park series which was slightly better than using a home stereo for a guitar amp.

With today's internet, a two minute Googling can educate anyone not named Crash58 on the importance of terms like RMS, peak power, and SPL.