Musicans/players all porpoise check in and bullshit thread

Although through a lot of therapy, I've been able to control a lot of my focal dystonia and actually play with two hands. I was for years and years, a one handed keyboard player. Basically, that same meme type was my inspiration in that I'd be that keyboard player that NEVER got in the bassists way.

@TheDayMan

Did you ever end up biting and get that hardware recording deck? I think it was a used Zoom IIRC?
I’ve had a tascam 8 track come and go in the last year or two.

It was nice (I’ve had one come and go a couple times over the years) but it just doesn’t do anything I couldn’t do with my iPad or laptop, (or even phone) with less hassle. This last time I got it for the built in mics hoping I could get better live takes easily without a bunch of gear, and it turned out I could, but it wasn’t better enough to hang onto.

Might work pretty good with a bass guitar. I bet some cool cello sounds could be coaxed using that apparatus.
It's advertised as only working with acoustics though, I do not own, nor will I own, an acoustic bass (guitar). I'll for sure try it though if I ever end up with one.

Anyone use Cubase 12? Looks like it's been updated and modernized a bit. Installing a trial of that bitch.

Anyone use Cubase 12? Looks like it's been updated and modernized a bit. Installing a trial of that bitch.

I haven't used Cubase in over 10 years. When I bought my Yamaha MOX 6 keyboard, it came with it's own special version of Cubase. I think the name of it was Ai6? It seemed fairly intuitive, but it was such a scaled down version of the real Cubase, I didn't spend too much time learning how to use it. I also used Cubase on an iPaid around the same time. Again, very easy to use but only having iPad power.

At any rate, I'm a huge fan of the Mixcraft DAW. It's very inexpensive, very intuitive (it's easily the easiest to play with), and comes with a lot of usable editing and mixing software.

I haven't used Cubase in over 10 years. When I bought my Yamaha MOX 6 keyboard, it came with it's own special version of Cubase. I think the name of it was Ai6? It seemed fairly intuitive, but it was such a scaled down version of the real Cubase, I didn't spend too much time learning how to use it. I also used Cubase on an iPaid around the same time. Again, very easy to use but only having iPad power.

At any rate, I'm a huge fan of the Mixcraft DAW. It's very inexpensive, very intuitive (it's easily the easiest to play with), and comes with a lot of usable editing and mixing software.
I'm not familiar with Mixcraft, I'll check it out. I've used Cubasis on my iPad for a couple years now, I tried a lot of the pretty limited DAW options for iPad, and for me it was/is by far the best balance of functionality, features, and having a classic DAW feel and layout. For that reason, and the relatively reasonable price of the entry Elements version, seems like the obvious choice if I ever decide to step up from Garageband on the laptop.

I looked into it, looks great, but only available for windows? What’s that about?

I'm not familiar with Mixcraft, I'll check it out. I've used Cubasis on my iPad for a couple years now, I tried a lot of the pretty limited DAW options for iPad, and for me it was/is by far the best balance of functionality, features, and having a classic DAW feel and layout. For that reason, and the relatively reasonable price of the entry Elements version, seems like the obvious choice if I ever decide to step up from Garageband on the laptop.

I looked into it, looks great, but only available for windows? What’s that about?
I've found the answer is Logic. Don't know why I've always never considered it...

Just arrived yesterday -- Laney AH4x4 portable PA amp. Took a year to get one and was worth the wait.

It has a battery output power option (I actually have a solar charging, lithium battery station for it). It puts out 70 watts RMS but more importantly, has an SPL rating of 117.

It sounds killer; even better than my old IK Multimedia iLoud portable amp. The low end is great; even sampled piano sounds great running through it (which isnt easy to do with a portable amp).

jhygpielz7bzcrjngilf.jpg

Just arrived yesterday -- Laney AH4x4 portable PA amp. Took a year to get one and was worth the wait.

It has a battery output power option (I actually have a solar charging, lithium battery station for it). It puts out 70 watts RMS but more importantly, has an SPL rating of 117.

It sounds killer; even better than my old IK Multimedia iLoud portable amp. The low end is great; even sampled piano sounds great running through it (which isnt easy to do with a portable amp).

jhygpielz7bzcrjngilf.jpg
Very cool, congrats!