My next project...

Okay, I found another potential pain in the ass light kit, this is a recessed light used on patios and stairs and anywhere so I sure hope I can work with this crap. If I can't, perhaps it Shan't Be as if it wasn't meant to be. I have to outsmart this shit, otherwise, it's the Loony Bin for me. I might even make the local news.
If these don't work, it's off to the loony bin..png

Why not go with strip led lighting? They have adhesive backing and can be hidden underneath.

71c+Kp2zuQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Why not go with strip led lighting? They have adhesive backing and can be hidden underneath.

71c+Kp2zuQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Oh, it's because those new lights I just ordered that weren't supposed to be here until Friday, they got here today!
And I will be able to work with these. Look how tiny they are.
smaller than a kuerig cup.jpg

And the biggest reason I'm not using something like you showed me is the way I built both the columns and shelves, there is no, not a single edge, lip or flange to hide wire. Every surface meets flush with another surface. Because the columns and shelves are hollow, it makes them ideal for a recessed fixture with all wires buried.

Oh, it's because those new lights I just ordered that weren't supposed to be here until Friday, they got here today!
View attachment 70381

And the biggest reason I'm not using something like you showed me is the way I built both the columns and shelves, there is no, not a single edge, lip or flange to hide wire. Every surface meets flush with another surface. Because the columns and shelves are hollow, it makes them ideal for a recessed fixture with all wires buried.
As soon as I saw your boxed design, it was pretty obvious the strips wouldn't work. Not without creating a channel, or something else. I actually like the design look, and those little recess lights are probably a really good option.

View attachment 70381

Can't wait to see the final product.

High Dummies! Too early (in the day)? Wrong thread?

Any God Damn Way! These lights that I'm using, I am simply out of my comfort zone so to speak. On Saturday I trimmed about a blade width off three shelves and then I started with the lights. Each light has two wires with connectors so they can be connected in series. However, I will need to splice and add wire to all 16 lights.

The thing is this is small wire, 20 gauge, and it is too much for me to try to strip the wire and solder the connections. It's just too tiny and the dexterity of both hands would be a big plus so I am using these cool plastic wire connectors that don't require the wire be stripped.

The next problem is I will need about 20 or 30 more connectors and they have bean ordered. These connectors seem rock solid and at 92 cents a piece, it's a small chunk of change!

I have a beef with GAUGE! How the fuck come is 20 gauge smaller than 16 gauge!?! And then there's the Metric System...!
wire harness.jpg
With four rows of four lights, this wire harness will supply power to each row.

Hollow shelves.jpg
After I built those shelves they reminded me of a hollow door.
Hands Off!.jpg
I posted that WARNING before I left for Ohio. I'm Back now and clumsier than ever!

These lights work because I checked them before I started. So I got the bottom two shelves wired with the lights, 4 lights, and they don't work! I have to take it all back apart and start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I had anger issues right now would be a good time to have an Adult Temper Tantrum!
God Damn Lights!.jpg
Emotion Reaction GIF
Mad The Rock GIF
Hit The Floor No GIF by The Maury Show
Angry Looney Tunes GIF
black and white bear GIF

I know you dont want to hear it now, but I would have had them lit up as I was doing it. Just so if a problem happens, you will know its the one youre currently messin with. I did this with my LEd strips.
It's okay. I plan to start over and methodically extend all 32 wires by 6 inches (each light has 2 wires) and try again. And I decided to return those plastic connectors because I would need 64+ and at 92 cents a piece, that's just stupid. So I bought a bag of 1,000 grey wire nuts and for good measure I also ordered a craft sized soldering iron. I know I can do this and get it right, that's the plan My Friend!

It's okay. I plan to start over and methodically extend all 32 wires by 6 inches (each light has 2 wires) and try again. And I decided to return those plastic connectors because I would need 64+ and at 92 cents a piece, that's just stupid. So I bought a bag of 1,000 grey wire nuts and for good measure I also ordered a craft sized soldering iron. I know I can do this and get it right, that's the plan My Friend!
If you want the wires to be rock solid twist them, twist them together, dip them in flux, hit the flux coated wires with a hot iron, and them solder them together. Put the wire nuts on so the dont short out, not to keep them together.

If you want the wires to be rock solid twist them, twist them together, dip them in flux, hit the flux coated wires with a hot iron, and them solder them together. Put the wire nuts on so the dont short out, not to keep them together.
There's one thing about Petey G, you Dunce Crafters! The Man Knows His Business and he always offers up really good advice.

Petey AIN'T Average neither! WAY Above average. If Pete Was to Be Average, that would put me at Shit Bird Level and Petey is a Soaring Hairy Eagle!
soar planet earth 2 GIF by BBC Earth

There's one thing about Petey G, you Dunce Crafters! The Man Knows His Business and he always offers up really good advice.

Petey AIN'T Average neither! WAY Above average. If Pete Was to Be Average, that would put me at Shit Bird Level and Petey is a Soaring Hairy Eagle!
soar planet earth 2 GIF by BBC Earth
Im average at most things

All right, I soldered one light with short extensions and it was much easier than I expected. I did just this one last night and today I will keep after it until the other 15 lights get spliced and re-connected. I went Power Wheeling yesterday and this time I SKIPPED the donuts! But when I got to the Vape Shop, My Inner Junkie doubled over in disgust until it was decided to purchase not one but TWO cartridges! He is SO demanding, My Inner Junkie!

Also, I only have the solder that came with the little stick-like soldering iron, I don't have any separate flux but I 'think' there is flux in the core of the solder? Anyway it seems to be doing the trick.
A success.jpg