My next project...

@Parka you're not in Ohio are you? If so your state is guna wrap up all the other THC molecules into it's medical marijuana program so it'll be regulated under that soon from what I can see

@Parka

Let's talk about the door

I've made raised panel doors in the past.

How did you go about making yours?

I'm looking to make four cabinet doors. 28" tall x 24" wide
I make my cabinet doors with five separate pieces. 2 stiles (sides) 2 rails (top & bottom) and the center panel, not raised, I use 5mm plywood for the panel.

After I cut the pieces to length, with a dado blade on my table saw I machine a groove out of the frame pieces and I machine tongues in the rails and then glue, assemble and clamp. It's not complicated and it's not as easy as sounds either. Good luck to you and keep me posted when you decide to make doors.

But it's my shelves I'd rather talk about. Because I'm winging it here. I might have made a design mistake because everything is flush with everything. It's a look I want but now I have ZERO edges or flanges to hide and run wires for lights.

However, these are hollow and I plan to wire them all up. These shelves are 76" long and at the 38" mark, I will be building what I will call "quarter columns" which will be placed between the shelves. And this is where I plan to sneak wires up to each shelf level.

Couple pics:
stick frames for shelves.jpgSix demanding shelves.jpgAnother black wall.jpg

It was all me moving the shelves today. They only weigh about 12 to 15 pounds each is my guess. I call it 'stair step', the way I move things up and down the basement stairs. I can move surprisingly much heavier things that same way too, like my air compressor, I'm always needing it either up or downstairs.
Stair stepping it..jpg

And Houston, we have a Successful Dry Fit and perfect landing!
It fits.jpg
I think my camera lens got dirty.

3 dry fit.jpg
If I didn't need to wire them for lights I could fasten them in now. I might be able to fasten them in now anyway, and run the wires as the shelf is hanging. One time I used to work with a kook that would say, "I got your ( fill in the blank) hanging" and that was his go to response whenever anyone asked him something. It never bothered me much, I thought it was low humor, not very clever.

Well our boss at the time, early 1980's, he fuckin HATED it whenever Kooky Carl did that. So I was like, hmmm, mabe that 'hanging' thing has some worth after all! So I decided to do it! And I butchered it all up and I got laughed AT not WITH! So embarrassing! Still today! That was a bad day for me.

Here's the lights I will be using. White only but dimmable.
very thin puck lights.jpg

Here's the lights I will be using. White only but dimmable.
I'm gonna Power Wheel it to the UPS store this morning and return those lights. I found a perfect 16 pack from the same brand and they have colors too.

And then when I get back I have to get started making 8 more small structures, what I'm calling 'quarter columns' which will be 17 inches tall, the distance between the shelves, 12 inches deep, the depth of the shelves and 2 inches thick, the thickness of the shelves. And they all have to be sanded and painted, it will add 2 more days to this project, IF I don't loaf off...

These are the guys I ordered:
Amazon product ASIN B0833RYZF9

I got all my quarter columns Rough & Ready... to sand an paint an stuff!

Now, notice how two of the QC's are 19" tall and the other six are only 17" tall, I did it on purpose!

Also notice the openings on the tops. The bottoms are open too and it will make easy to drop wire for lights. So Fun!
eight quarter-columns.jpg

I Am Strong GIF
And, I am Guide Bear!

My new lights are supposed to get here on Saturday and so this thing should be getting finished in less than a weeks time if I can get the help I need to work on the top shelf and along the ceiling. I can work the bottom two shelves but it is NOT safe for me to stand on the countertop. I wish my arms were 6 feet long, that's what the fuck I wish for today!
a dry fit.jpgRectangles & Rightangles!.jpg
Episode 5 GIF by Paramount+
Inspector Gadget Dancing GIF
Kellyanne Conway GIF by GIPHY News

Last edited:
You're a bad ass building dude!

So is @Peter Gozintite, but FUCK HIM!
thank you beary much GIF by chuber channel
Now Slinkington, at first, we were gonna build yours first. But since mines is getting built first, you will get a BETTER product! Whatever you do though, don't scrimp on the 5mm plywood like I did just to save 50 bucks! I used the lowest grade of 5mm plywood. Not anymore.

Anyway, pick out a wall and I will be up in about 2 weeks and we can start putting wood together.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling it to do the work that needs done but I shook that shit and I'm getting after it today, getting ready to get it wired up for lights. That meant making holes all over the places! This was what I was reluctant about! I made the Guide Bear help me! I even let him make a hole with his massive paw, he only used one claw!
A hole in the countertop for wire..jpgHoles drilled in shelves..jpgMuch to be done yet..jpg

thank you beary much GIF by chuber channel
Now Slinkington, at first, we were gonna build yours first. But since mines is getting built first, you will get a BETTER product! Whatever you do though, don't scrimp on the 5mm plywood like I did just to save 50 bucks! I used the lowest grade of 5mm plywood. Not anymore.

Anyway, pick out a wall and I will be up in about 2 weeks and we can start putting wood together.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling it to do the work that needs done but I shook that shit and I'm getting after it today, getting ready to get it wired up for lights. That meant making holes all over the places! This was what I was reluctant about! I made the Guide Bear help me! I even let him make a hole with his massive paw, he only used one claw!
View attachment 70133View attachment 70132View attachment 70134
Bravo... :clap:

Thanks WK... except it Shan't be accepted... Those damn lights I got, they aren't going to work for me. This shit drives me fucking crazy! I should be able to place ANY light ANYwhere but NOOO! Not these fuckers! These weirdo fuckin shit lights can be no farther than 18" apart with all the ass hole clippity clips to clip 'em together... I need my lights to be 36" apart! This should be a simple thing to do!

And motherfuck all these 'special' tiny ass hole connectors, just give me wire and small wire nuts and let ME decide what the fuck is going on! God Damn Go to Hell Good for nothin son's a bitches lights! GRRRRR!
black and white bear GIF
angry episode 7 GIF
Angry Bear GIF by Bare Tree Media