NC State Makes A Power Move

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00

On Thursday, the UNC System Board of Governors announced a change in policy in which state universities must now seek approval from the system president before switching conferences. A school’s chancellor must provide advance notice and a financial plan relating to any conference move.

Smart move by NC State Alum making it harder for anyone to take UNC without them. I don’t see the SEC taking NC State just to get UNC so have fun B1G.

That Duke prediction lookin better & better.

Can’t wait until we get rid of conferences and form a super league. All this shit is gay.
We really need to just take the top 40 teams (note this will leave some of the B1G and SEC teams out) split them into 8 regions and play an NFL type payoff.

I don’t see it happening because no one will get the boot so just expand both to 20 teams and the SEC controls 4 regions of 5 teams and the B1G controls 4 regions of 5 teams.

That is a 16 team playoff. That would be 4 rounds.

Can’t wait until we get rid of conferences and form a super league. All this shit is gay.
This actually enforces conferences not the other way around. This makes conferences more important as they are the first step into the CFP.

This also makes it less likely that the B1G or the SEC will want FSU or Clemson. Why would most of the teams want one more team better than them?

That Duke prediction lookin better & better.
Duke’s value is being combined with UNC. If you have to take Duke and NC State just to get UNC then forget it.

I think this move is all about trying to force conferences to take both of them by creating leverage. It won’t work for the SEC because they will just pass.

Now if the ACC pretty much folds and a lifeline was thrown to UNC it would be idiotic to block the move because it would kill a major brand in the state.

I kind of figured NC State would wind up in the Big12 assuming the leftover ACC post FSU/Clemson/UNC departures didn’t merge with B12 or raid it to try n survive and.. I think they’d be a great fit TBH.

I for one believe that if the money is remotely close after moves happen that WVU, Cincy and UCF would leave the Big12 to join a restructured ACC in a heartbeat. I know for a fact that the vast majority of WVU folk would love it even without FSU/CU and UNC as far as opponents and away games ect. But again, the money/math would have to make sense both parties before leaving the Big12.

I kind of figured NC State would wind up in the Big12 assuming the leftover ACC post FSU/Clemson/UNC departures didn’t merge with B12 or raid it to try n survive and.. I think they’d be a great fit TBH.

I for one believe that if the money is remotely close after moves happen that WVU, Cincy and UCF would leave the Big12 to join a restructured ACC in a heartbeat. I know for a fact that the vast majority of WVU folk would love it even without FSU/CU and UNC as far as opponents and away games ect. But again, the money/math would have to make sense both parties before leaving the Big12.
Not only money GR (although it's the biggest thing) but also making sure teams like VPI, NCState and even Miami should they still be around stay there. The moneys almost equal right now, but there is terrible uncertainty and WVU couldn't make that move now or even then if that remained.

Another thing to consider is the amount of truly great academic universities in the ACC. The ones that could be left may not want to invite the likes of WVU and concentrate more on academia. Thats what the B12 is kinda hoping for to add the likes of VPI and NCst should the ACC lose a few teams to the P2.

NC State setting themselves up to get Alimony checks from UNC when they leave

I'd rather go back to the 2000s and have 6 P5 conferences again but alas, that will not be happening.

We really need to just take the top 40 teams (note this will leave some of the B1G and SEC teams out) split them into 8 regions and play an NFL type payoff.

I don’t see it happening because no one will get the boot so just expand both to 20 teams and the SEC controls 4 regions of 5 teams and the B1G controls 4 regions of 5 teams.

That is a 16 team playoff. That would be 4 rounds.
can you list those 40?

can you list those 40?
I can. B1G (18), SEC (16), ND, FSU, Clem, and 3 Academias to balance things UNC, UVA, Georgia Tech. (Unless one would prefer Stanford, Cal and Rice)

How’s that?