NC State Makes A Power Move

GT in football has a higher win% than 22 of the teams listed and have 4 National championships claimed in football.

but you want to include Arizona because of basketball with their 1 1997 basketball championship? the current players parents probably werent even old enough to go to college when Arizona won it all.
GT has twice as many seasons with 3 wins this century as they do double digit wins. 3 of their 4 NCs were from over 70 years ago, and their 1990 NC was a UPI title (Colorado won the AP and the overwhelming majority of other polls). Over the last 50 years, they're not even top 50 in college football in winning percentage. I get Arizona hasn't lit it up, but it's not some egregious oversight to not include GT. When you throw in basketball, the scale tips heavily in Arizona's favor.

GT has twice as many seasons with 3 wins this century as they do double digit wins.
i mean if thats a factor dont count the same for Arizona because its worse

I think you are right about Arizona needs to be in there somewhere because if this happens they will have their own basketball tournament as well so you have to include teams like:

Kentucky
Kansas
UNC
Duke
UCLA
Arizona
Indiana

You can lose Vandy, Minnesota, Missouri and Rutgers if you need to. I don't see value in GT.

GT has twice as many seasons with 3 wins this century as they do double digit wins. 3 of their 4 NCs were from over 70 years ago, and their 1990 NC was a UPI title (Colorado won the AP and the overwhelming majority of other polls). Over the last 50 years, they're not even top 50 in college football in winning percentage. I get Arizona hasn't lit it up, but it's not some egregious oversight to not include GT. When you throw in basketball, the scale tips heavily in Arizona's favor.

Historically if we look at both sports Syracuse has a better argument than Arizona

i mean if thats a factor dont count the same for Arizona because its worse
I was moreso saying that in regard to it not being some egregious omission. Arizona actually has a better winning percentage this century than GT, and is obviously much better at basketball.

EDIT: My bad, they don't have a better winning percentage this century. It's over the last 50 years.

Last edited:
Historically if we look at both sports Syracuse has a better argument than Arizona
I'm not passionate about the pick. This is bascially throwing shit against the wall for this exercise.