Netflix in trouble

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Variety: "Netflix Loses $54 Billion in Market Cap After Biggest One-Day Stock Drop Ever"

TheWrap: "Netflix Animation Erased: Executives Fired, Shows Canceled, and Accusations of Staged Data"

Variety: "Netflix Loses 200,000 Subscribers in Q1, Predicts Loss of 2 Million More in Q2"

THR: "Netflix to Start Pulling Back Content Spend After Losing Subscribers in Earnings Miss"

Netflix's earnings are getting killed by competition from Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc.

In response, Netflix tried to increase subscriber fees to gain back revenue, but that just made people leave their platform.

To try to reverse their fortunes, Netflix is now considering cracking down hard on password sharing. I'm not sure that's going to have the revenue-raising effect that they want...

Bo Burnham specials and trailer park boys, with some random shit that pops up sometimes is pretty much the only reason to have Netflix anymore. And with the constant price raises are quickly making it not worth it.

Variety: "Netflix Loses $54 Billion in Market Cap After Biggest One-Day Stock Drop Ever"

TheWrap: "Netflix Animation Erased: Executives Fired, Shows Canceled, and Accusations of Staged Data"

Variety: "Netflix Loses 200,000 Subscribers in Q1, Predicts Loss of 2 Million More in Q2"

THR: "Netflix to Start Pulling Back Content Spend After Losing Subscribers in Earnings Miss"

Netflix's earnings are getting killed by competition from Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc.

In response, Netflix tried to increase subscriber fees to gain back revenue, but that just made people leave their platform.

To try to reverse their fortunes, Netflix is now considering cracking down hard on password sharing. I'm not sure that's going to have the revenue-raising effect that they want...
Musk to buy Netflix next?

Guess people really didn't like that Jeff Foxworthy special.

Inflation costs have consequences

Netflix used to be good. Now they are getting blow away by competition. They need to step up their game or will get left in the dust

There is some wildlife show on Netflix and Obama is the narrator. It's actually an interesting show and he has a great voice for it, but every time he talks about a certain climate or environment, I am expecting him to insert some political point about, "And the Democrats back in 2011 created a bill to help change Climate Change and save these wonderful species."

You’re looking at it as a normal person though, don’t underestimate the ironically perpetually scared and offended Ben Shapiro/Tucker Carlson crowd.
I mean, there are prolly 100s of thousands of hours of content on there. It’s not that hard to not watch most of it.

This might have something to do with it..

View attachment 68957

Maybe not.

puke GIF

i used to pay for my own netflix, but then they kept raising the price and said fuck that and my BIL had been paying for one that he didnt mind sharing the whole time but i was like meh. if they crack down on password sharing ill just not watch netflix.... oh well.

they should probably not be producing garbage that doesnt draw eyeballs..........they are canceling themselves by wasting money and then charging more money to recover costs of making garbage nobody wants on their screen

They didn’t carry any shows I liked and no movies either. I don’t know why anyone would pay for that shit.

"Netflix can’t renew your favorite shows, but it can spend $30 million per episode of Stranger Things":

AV Club said:
According to a Wall Street Journal report, Netflix apparently spent $30 million on each episode of the show's upcoming fourth season, which is double what HBO paid for each episode of the final season of Game of Thrones -- the show with elaborate castle sets, dragons, fantasy costumes, and (no offense) more than two or three named actors who you might recognize from other things. Unless they're shooting this thing on-location in the Upside Down with IMAX cameras and they genetically engineered a real-life Demogorgon, it doesn’t seem like it should be costing that much money.

I have all four and it will stay that way. Also have Hulu Live and an active Spectrum account.

But yeah, out of the lot...Netflix is the most played out.

Back