Netflix in trouble

Lol, this is the death knell. It’s crazy as fuck how Netflix fucked up their business model. They destroyed an entire competing industry, then were able to pivot with their name alone into something else…then thought it was a good idea to throw tens of millions of dollars at everything piece of content they could. Wild how the money began to run dry. Then they alienate half their audience by pushing woke programming under every corner of the UI.

Now they’re gonna milk ad rev until they are dry and sell off all their exclusive content to a competitor.

Last edited:
I think Netflix still has some good programming. Just wish there was a "woke" slider that I could toggle off.

Lol, this is the death knell. It’s crazy as fuck how Netflix fucked up their business model. They destroyed an entire competing industry, then were able to pivot with their name alone into something else…then thought it was a good idea to throw tens of millions of dollars at everything piece of content they could. Wild how the money began to run dry. Then they alienate half their audience by pushing woke programming under every corner of the UI.

Now they’re gonna milk ad rev until they are dry and sell off all their exclusive content to a competitor.
:ninja:

agree 100%

This might have something to do with it..

View attachment 68957

Maybe not.
To be fair…

large_gVNIYeoEoUTz1RPctezwWjVTpvZ.jpg

and…

83533-rabbit-test-0-460-0-690-crop.jpg

I mean, there are prolly 100s of thousands of hours of content on there. It’s not that hard to not watch most of it.
This argument holds zero water.

It as akin to the old joke about cable and all the stations it offered. You get hundreds of channels, but nothing to watch.

Garbage is garbage. Equating a pound of garbage to a pound of gold is insincere at best.

There is some wildlife show on Netflix and Obama is the narrator. It's actually an interesting show and he has a great voice for it, but every time he talks about a certain climate or environment, I am expecting him to insert some political point about, "And the Democrats back in 2011 created a bill to help change Climate Change and save these wonderful species."
We watched the monterey bay episode because we were going to be there shortly after. Wasn't that good.

This argument holds zero water.

It as akin to the old joke about cable and all the stations it offered. You get hundreds of channels, but nothing to watch.

Garbage is garbage. Equating a pound of garbage to a pound of gold is insincere at best.
Maybe not to you, but it does to me.

I’m not passionate enough about a streaming service to argue about it though.

Don’t remember equating anything to gold. A subscription is a little over 30 cents a day. Anyone who is expecting to be blown away for that price prolly is being a bit dramatic.

Hey @Tharvot thanks for the heads up on Last Kingdom. Enjoying the series so far.

They don’t fuck around with the storyline. I could’ve handled multiple seasons of Uhtred as a child. Writers weren’t down with that slow role though.

Hey @Tharvot thanks for the heads up on Last Kingdom. Enjoying the series so far.

They don’t fuck around with the storyline. I could’ve handled multiple seasons of Uhtred as a child. Writers weren’t down with that slow role though.

I liked it a lot the first couple of season. But they've gone on a complete drama run. I need me some killing and some titties.

I liked it a lot the first couple of season. But they've gone on a complete drama run. I need me some killing and some titties.
I don’t watch Last Kingdom, so I am not sure how big an aspect nudity is to it, but imho, I could give a shit about nudity in my shows. I can get as much of that as I like whenever I want it. If there is nudity, I just want it to work within the story. It can be there or not, I just want however far it goes to fit.

I don’t watch Last Kingdom, so I am not sure how big an aspect nudity is to it, but imho, I could give a shit about nudity in my shows. I can get as much of that as I like whenever I want it. If there is nudity, I just want it to work within the story. It can be there or not, I just want however far it goes to fit.

Game of Thrones did well and they got paid. The Last Kingdom didn't have near as much ass being flashed but they had enough. It started off with a decent amount of action that was tied to a story. I forget the season I gave up on it, I think season 3, but it became much too drama driven.

If smitty's watching, it was after the king died and his son took over.

Spartacus was another series where season 1 was great. And then it lost that ... it.

That's ridiculous. I just want more Mindhunter, but no. So glad I get to wait 2 years for a mediocre show.

Death Knell
Yeah….Mindhunter was the start of my angst with this platform.

Look…you have to try to cover as many demos as possible, I get it. I enjoyed the first few seasons of Stranger Things. I have not watched a second since. But you’re willing to spend on that show but not on a really good show like Mindhunter?

Yeah….ratings. I get it. But, maybe if you cut a lot of the PURE garbage off your platform you could afford two such programs.

Trying to be everything to everyone in an environment where you’re not one of the only games anymore is stupid. I’m not going to pay more for all the garbage you dump.

That’s why I left cable…..

Game of Thrones did well and they got paid. The Last Kingdom didn't have near as much ass being flashed but they had enough. It started off with a decent amount of action that was tied to a story. I forget the season I gave up on it, I think season 3, but it became much too drama driven.

If smitty's watching, it was after the king died and his son took over.
I’m a history guy. Really have enjoyed how well the storyline follows actual history. Or actual historical stories anyway. Especially with Alfred. Have never seen a series with England’s first king as a main character. And this has not let me down.

I’m on season 4.

I’m a history guy. Really have enjoyed how well the storyline follows actual history. Or actual historical stories anyway. Especially with Alfred. Have never seen a series with England’s first king as a main character. And this has not let me down.

I’m on season 4.

Very cool. I did enjoy those first few seasons. Let me know how season 4 goes. I think that's where they lost me. I'm not a history buff so I need action and titties.

@broncosmitty Did you watch Spartacus? It originally came out on starz in 2010, but I must have watched it on hbo or netflix years later. Season 1 was great. I may have to watch that again on a rainy day.

Spartacus was another series where season 1 was great. And then it lost that ... it.
I thought the first two seasons were great. I made the mistake of watching season 2 first, which worked out on the timeline.

In my opinion, the death of the house master, Batiatus, and the replacement actor for the role of Spartacus is what made the program turn to shit.

RIP Andy Whitfield.

Back