Netflix in trouble

I thought the first two seasons were great. I made the mistake of watching season 2 first, which worked out on the timeline.

In my opinion, the death of the house master, Batiatus, and the replacement actor for the role of Spartacus is what made the program turn to shit.

RIP Andy Whitfield.

I said the same thing when I finally gave up on it.

@broncosmitty Did you watch Spartacus? It originally came out on starz in 2010, but I must have watched it on hbo or netflix years later. Season 1 was great. I may have to watch that again on a rainy day.
I haven’t.

Watched Servant of the People. In Ukranian. And Trotsky in Russian. (That one was full on propaganda.)

I gave Outlander about a season and half. But just way too much ass rape in that one.

I haven’t.

Watched Servant of the People. In Ukranian. And Trotsky in Russian. (That one was full on propaganda.)

I gave Outlander about a season and half. But just way too much ass rape in that one.

Give Spartagus a try when you have a moment.

This guy was one of the bad asses in it.

1650832559521.png

And this guy was one of the Romans that owned fighters.

1650832649402.png

Typical rome...lots of fighting and fucking.

Is that the “this is madness” guy from 300?

Ha! It is. I forgot he did that one too. He was in Gladiator with Russel Crow as well. He was Maximus's best friend in the fighting pits.

Ha! It is. I forgot he did that one too. He was in Gladiator with Russel Crow as well. He was Maximus's best friend in the fighting pits.
Not the dude from Amistad and The Island.That guy is African American.

This is madness guy is African British.

Not the dude from Amistad and The Island.That guy is African American.

This is madness guy is African British.

yep....they look alike so ... you know white people don't know any better.

Djimon Gaston Hounsou - Gladiator

1650835530708.png

Peter Mensah - 300 and Spartacus.

1650835568301.png

IMHO, Spartacus S2 should be watched before S1. It adds a lot of background to the side characters. And S2 was quality (not as good as S1, but still very good).

The unfortunate (but understandable) recast changed the entire tone of the show. The new actor felt way too “CW” than Whitfield’s grittier take.

Yeah….Mindhunter was the start of my angst with this platform.

Look…you have to try to cover as many demos as possible, I get it. I enjoyed the first few seasons of Stranger Things. I have not watched a second since. But you’re willing to spend on that show but not on a really good show like Mindhunter?

Yeah….ratings. I get it. But, maybe if you cut a lot of the PURE garbage off your platform you could afford two such programs.

Trying to be everything to everyone in an environment where you’re not one of the only games anymore is stupid. I’m not going to pay more for all the garbage you dump.

That’s why I left cable…..
Has there been a fourth season of stranger things? Are the kids 30 yet? Hard to keep track.

maybe i don't scroll through netflix enough, but the woke narrative seems tired. perhaps it's the all of the other competitors that have entered the market place, a lot which most people are probably getting for free somehow (I know people who have Disney, Hulu, and HBOMax for free one way or the other, which I use), which also cuts into the programming netflix can offer. they also ran a model of producing so much content to get peoples interest and then lost that interest when they would cancel the progam(s) the people liked. live by the fun, die by the gun.

Has there been a fourth season of stranger things? Are the kids 30 yet? Hard to keep track.
I think it might be fifth season now. I don’t know…tuned out a while back.

I would ask my daughters, but I think they tuned out by this point too.

I've watched it all so far and will finish. Honestly couldn't remember which season.

maybe i don't scroll through netflix enough, but the woke narrative seems tired. perhaps it's the all of the other competitors that have entered the market place, a lot which most people are probably getting for free somehow (I know people who have Disney, Hulu, and HBOMax for free one way or the other, which I use), which also cuts into the programming netflix can offer. they also ran a model of producing so much content to get peoples interest and then lost that interest when they would cancel the progam(s) the people liked. live by the fun, die by the gun.
They have been trying for a long time to be all things to all viewers for the most part. I doing that they have sought out the woke crowd as well.

Doesn’t bother me, I have no obligation to watch any of it I find nonsensical.

And damn straight to your final point….I think this has created a perfect storm where they have pissed enough people off with decisions in the past and many have just cut them out of the rotation with so much else out there for viewing.

they definitely threw good money at what's going to be a bad product for them. should have been a one season deal and go anthology as was supposed to be the original idea. instead they took a product that kept getting worse and worse and last dropped back in 2019 thinking people are still going to give a shit in 2022. hell, it took me forever to check out that mrs. maisel show on prime. i liked it and watched the first two seasons very quickly, but after that, and so many other things out there, interest wanes. they came out with the newest season and my original thoughts on what i thought the show was came back and i didn't care to watch it.

that said, i'm here for better call saul.

they definitely threw good money at what's going to be a bad product for them. should have been a one season deal and go anthology as was supposed to be the original idea. instead they took a product that kept getting worse and worse and last dropped back in 2019 thinking people are still going to give a shit in 2022. hell, it took me forever to check out that mrs. maisel show on prime. i liked it and watched the first two seasons very quickly, but after that, and so many other things out there, interest wanes. they came out with the newest season and my original thoughts on what i thought the show was came back and i didn't care to watch it.

Better call saul is the best show out there right now and I don't even know what would be second. It's Always Sunny probably.

Better call saul is the best show out there right now and I don't even know what would be second. It's Always Sunny probably.
Atlanta has come back strong . While I just said people would have lost interest in stranger things for being gone for a few years, and mentioned two shows that were gone for a while, it really makes a difference when the show is good. that said, I do like the Witcher on netflix and that takes about 2 years per season so far.

That’s just the point….what’s appointment watching anymore?

I watched the first few seasons of Maisel. I found it very good. Even when it wasn’t….she’s sexy as hell. Then I just never went back.

Unfortunately I did the same damn thing with BCS, and I need to stop kicking myself for it and get back in. Breaking Bad still sits at the top for me so it’s time to stop feeling bad about it and get this show going again.

That’s just the point….what’s appointment watching anymore?

I watched the first few seasons of Maisel. I found it very good. Even when it wasn’t….she’s sexy as hell. Then I just never went back.

Unfortunately I did the same damn thing with BCS, and I need to stop kicking myself for it and get back in. Breaking Bad still sits at the top for me so it’s time to stop feeling bad about it and get this show going again.
perhaps part of it is a lot of us have been working from home, so there's not that watercooler talk as much anymore.

Back