New Bronco News

The new F150 looks goofy. All new trucks are looking goofy as of late. Did the government pass some new regulation requiring truck makers to make the headlights and tail lights comically big all of the sudden?

What gives?

The jury is still out for me.
lots of lights though

View attachment 19820

I’m starting to see the Bronco Sports on the road and not impressed. The sport is a miss for me, too small, wheels look like they shouldn’t go off road at all and I get Jeep Liberty vibes.

Hoping the full size exceeds expectations.

I have seen multiple bronos on the road. The only one that didn't look like every other shitty mini suv, was one that probably 20k in upgraded wheels and suspension. Maybe 30k. The others are just a shitty looking little suv.

I have seen multiple bronos on the road. The only one that didn't look like every other shitty mini suv, was one that probably 20k in upgraded wheels and suspension. Maybe 30k. The others are just a shitty looking little suv.
This. I’ve seen about five so far. They are just base boxes, I get it. But, there is just nothing special about them. We got years of the tricked out Broncos being shown to us in photos, and this is what they actually are for the most part.

I’m not loving them.

Why couldn't they have made the fucking thing a full sized vehicle....you know, for adults!

I thought they were going to do this.

This thread pretty much shits on the new Bronco. And I think that's from Ford's fucked up intro. Show us one thing, bring out something different, not much like what we saw.

It's becoming Typical Ford.

I saw a Sport in person yesterday. Meh. Need to get a new car in about 8-9 months and was hoping one of the Broncos would fit the bill. Gonna take a closer look when I get a chance but I’m hearing a lot of mixed reviews. :sigh:

This. I’ve seen about five so far. They are just base boxes, I get it. But, there is just nothing special about them. We got years of the tricked out Broncos being shown to us in photos, and this is what they actually are for the most part.

I’m not loving them.

Why couldn't they have made the fucking thing a full sized vehicle....you know, for adults!
What we are seeing is the smaller sport version the full-size version has been delayed by the chip issue. I've still got high hopes that the full-size version will be like the photos we have seen and be more of what we were expecting.

As for the sport every time I see one I think Jeep Liberty for some reason and that is not a comparison you want in people's heads.

What we are seeing is the smaller sport version the full-size version has been delayed by the chip issue. I've still got high hopes that the full-size version will be like the photos we have seen and be more of what we were expecting.

As for the sport every time I see one I think Jeep Liberty for some reason and that is not a comparison you want in people's heads.
No. That is not a good comparison.

I was not fully up to speed on the delay to the (surely) more attractive version. Thanks for that share.

Think Ford Escape instead....That is what it is built on...a Ford Escape's chassis.

Bronco is a body-on-frame truck-based traditional SUV with a longitudinally mounted engine, based on the next-generation Ford Ranger pickup truck.

whereas,

Bronco Sport is based on the transverse-engine, FWD-based, unitized body-and-chassis Ford Escape crossover. These are typically described as "car-based SUVs," but as Ford doesn't sell sedans anymore, the description "unibody" will have to suffice.

Also...

Bronco gets a control-arm front suspension and an optional front anti-roll bar disconnect device to facilitate maximum suspension articulation. At the rear is a live axle located by trailing arms (also called radius arms or rods) and a Panhard rod, along with serious off-road options like locking front and rear differentials and substantial underbody armoring.
Bronco Sport retains the Escape's basic, fully independent front strut and rear multilink suspension design, though the springs and dampers are new, and the control arms and knuckles have been revised to increase track width, suspension travel, and ground clearance. The Bronco Sport's unibody construction with independent suspension should deliver a smoother ride than the Bronco's more off-road-capable setup.

ENGINES​

Bronco offers a choice of a 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder that delivers 270 hp and 310 lb-ft and a 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V-6 that cranks out 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.

Bronco Sport shares the Escape's two turbocharged gas engine options: a 1.5-liter EcoBoost three-cylinder producing 181 hp and 190 lb-ft and a 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder good for 245 hp and 275 lb-ft.

As for size differences....

DIMENSIONS​

The Bronco Sport has been characterized as the "Baby Bronco" and though its 105.1-inch wheelbase measures between the two- and four-door Broncos' 100.4 and 116.1-inch chassis, its length, height, and width all measure smaller than even the two-door "big" Bronco: 172.7 x 74.3 x 67.9-69.1 inches, versus the two-door's 173.7-174.8 x 75.9-79.3 x 71.9-73.8 inches and the four-door's 189.4-190.5 x 75.9-79.3 x 72.9-75.3 inches. It should be noted, however, that the Bronco Sport's overall length is nearly all usable body space, whereas the big Bronco length measurements are to the rear-mounted spare tire.

edit: So according to this....the Baby Bronco will have a longer wheelbase than the 2-door "Big" Bronco. Hmmm....so it's a "Baby" too!!!!

Not impressed! Not even a little bit........

ref: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. Ford Bronco Sport: What are the Model Differences?

Another point to consider...

These images of the new Bronco have been around for a few years now....seems like we have been hearing about this new Bronco for a decade now! It's going to seem like an old design by the time it finally gets to market. Ford sure fucked up this whole campaign if you ask me.

Think Ford Escape instead....That is what it is built on...a Ford Escape's chassis.

Bronco is a body-on-frame truck-based traditional SUV with a longitudinally mounted engine, based on the next-generation Ford Ranger pickup truck.

whereas,

Bronco Sport is based on the transverse-engine, FWD-based, unitized body-and-chassis Ford Escape crossover. These are typically described as "car-based SUVs," but as Ford doesn't sell sedans anymore, the description "unibody" will have to suffice.

Also...

Bronco gets a control-arm front suspension and an optional front anti-roll bar disconnect device to facilitate maximum suspension articulation. At the rear is a live axle located by trailing arms (also called radius arms or rods) and a Panhard rod, along with serious off-road options like locking front and rear differentials and substantial underbody armoring.
Bronco Sport retains the Escape's basic, fully independent front strut and rear multilink suspension design, though the springs and dampers are new, and the control arms and knuckles have been revised to increase track width, suspension travel, and ground clearance. The Bronco Sport's unibody construction with independent suspension should deliver a smoother ride than the Bronco's more off-road-capable setup.

ENGINES​

Bronco offers a choice of a 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder that delivers 270 hp and 310 lb-ft and a 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V-6 that cranks out 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.

Bronco Sport shares the Escape's two turbocharged gas engine options: a 1.5-liter EcoBoost three-cylinder producing 181 hp and 190 lb-ft and a 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder good for 245 hp and 275 lb-ft.

As for size differences....

DIMENSIONS​

The Bronco Sport has been characterized as the "Baby Bronco" and though its 105.1-inch wheelbase measures between the two- and four-door Broncos' 100.4 and 116.1-inch chassis, its length, height, and width all measure smaller than even the two-door "big" Bronco: 172.7 x 74.3 x 67.9-69.1 inches, versus the two-door's 173.7-174.8 x 75.9-79.3 x 71.9-73.8 inches and the four-door's 189.4-190.5 x 75.9-79.3 x 72.9-75.3 inches. It should be noted, however, that the Bronco Sport's overall length is nearly all usable body space, whereas the big Bronco length measurements are to the rear-mounted spare tire.

edit: So according to this....the Baby Bronco will have a longer wheelbase than the 2-door "Big" Bronco. Hmmm....so it's a "Baby" too!!!!

Not impressed! Not even a little bit........

ref: 2021 Ford Bronco vs. Ford Bronco Sport: What are the Model Differences?

Nice run down on that.

The new bronco, the good one, isn't on the lots yet that I know of. Only the sport is, and that's just another shitty SUV. The real broncos are coming soon to the lots, but the markup is ridiculous. I called about one and the markup is $30k over MSRP. No thanks.

They already are recalled for a leaking roof anyways, so fix that stuff and I'll buy.

The new bronco, the good one, isn't on the lots yet that I know of. Only the sport is, and that's just another shitty SUV. The real broncos are coming soon to the lots, but the markup is ridiculous. I called about one and the markup is $30k over MSRP. No thanks.

They already are recalled for a leaking roof anyways, so fix that stuff and I'll buy.
Dvrn. You cancelled your order? Was hoping to get some first-hand scoop!

Yeah, I thought you had ordered one like Moxie said.

They Fucked Up and slow rolled the Ranger, the Bronco, and the Maverick

WTF are they thinking.

And this is exactly right.
I know the sales manager of a major Ford dealership in our area and right now they are lucky if they have 8 new cars on their lot at any time. They can't get inventory so I'm not sure they are too worried about new roll outs.

He said the only thing saving them was the guy responsible for used car purchases grossly overbought right before COVID hit because no one was supervising him but it turned out to be a blessing. They sweated it for about 3 months but then they were selling it at record margins and they had stock when others didn't.

My buddy went to look at Kia Tellurides and they had marked out the price on the sticker and handwritten 5K more. They didn't even try to hide it in a printed sticker with bogus descriptions they just took a magic marker and made the correction right there. He told them FU.

Yeah, I thought you had ordered one like Moxie said.
I placed an order way back when, forever ago. I cancelled the order late last year, maybe jan of this year, when they called to finalize the details and wanted to discuss the order charge but still couldn't tell me when it would be on the lot. "Hoping to have it by march, but could slip to later in the year". I asked them my options and it was cancel the pre-order or lock myself in on that one. The sales guy pretty much said that since I didn't have a First Edition (they had sold out online) that I'd probably better off not locking myself into a specific order and getting one when they hit the lots. So I cancelled. Now with the markup I'd have been cancelling anyways, so I'm glad I did.

I placed an order way back when, forever ago. I cancelled the order late last year, maybe jan of this year, when they called to finalize the details and wanted to discuss the order charge but still couldn't tell me when it would be on the lot. "Hoping to have it by march, but could slip to later in the year". I asked them my options and it was cancel the pre-order or lock myself in on that one. The sales guy pretty much said that since I didn't have a First Edition (they had sold out online) that I'd probably better off not locking myself into a specific order and getting one when they hit the lots. So I cancelled. Now with the markup I'd have been cancelling anyways, so I'm glad I did.
Is the markup applying to those that pre-ordered? Like they weren’t promising a price but saying you have to commit to an order and we will charge whatever we want when it’s ready?