Series Thread New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Conference Finals)

The play by Kucherov on the ENG breakaway was garbage. Yeah, you do what you gotta do, take the penalty for the hook and whatnot, but the slash across the back wasnt necessary.

I admire JG Pageau. He's just about as tiny as they come but has no problem getting up into much larger people's faces.

And then I laughed when Hedman skated over and it all stopped. :dhd:
Taking a penalty makes no sense, it’s an automatic goal. Do what ya gotta do without getting called. The slash at the ankles was unnecessary and not a hockey move, understandable that JGP was mad imo.

Just thinking about this a little, glad the Islanders won tonight but I wasn’t feeling great after the ice was so tilted towards Tampa during the third period and they tied it up.

The Kucherov play at the end was unnecessary (the slash, not the hooks that preceded it) but nothing to get overly mad about from either team in a playoff series. Agree that the skirmishes all simmered once Hedman showed up, which makes sense. I was also glad to see Goodrow answer for his cross check to Nelson from Game 2 - props to him for fighting Martin.

Doc is terrible. Lightning had pressure in Isles end on one shift and he’s joking with the other guys about a toupee. He’s not even in the bubble, Forslund is pretty good and called the other games so stick with him. You know nbc is going to trot Doc out for the final despite him being behind the action.

Doc is terrible. Lightning had pressure in Isles end on one shift and he’s joking with the other guys about a toupee. He’s not even in the bubble, Forslund is pretty good and called the other games so stick with him. You know nbc is going to trot Doc out for the final despite him being behind the action.

So is it over for the Isles tonight?

Yeah, but on the plus side, his voice is like a spastic cheetah sharpening its claws on a blackboard. Oh well- at least Mike Milbury's nearly gone...

Figured the Islanders were dead in the water with Beauvillier in the box at the end of the third/start of OT but happy they could find a way.

I assume Point will be back for Game 6 so that’ll be even more firepower for Tampa. Looking forward to Thursday night, even though these game are obviously super stressful.