NIL info

We just signed a guy from Georgia who has offers from decent D1 schools. He's a depth piece with a ton of upside. He skipped D1 schools that offered scholarships. He will get most paid by Hope, our lottery money, and then NIL. He's what used to be referred to as a "blue shirt" or a "grey shirt." He will play with the chance to win a scholarship. Meantime he gets developed and can transfer in a couple years with 2 or 3 years of eligibility.
womens golf only gets 6 per team. so probably still some amount of partials and splits

FYI bowling only gets 5 per team so bowling teams have 10 so everyone gets .5

womens golf only gets 6 per team. so probably still some amount of partials and splits

FYI bowling only gets 5 per team so bowling teams have 10 so everyone gets .5
Interestingly, the coach decides the split. He could get 3 full scholarships and split the other 7 between everyone else- total coach discretion.

Interestingly, the coach decides the split. He could get 3 full scholarships and split the other 7 between everyone else- total coach discretion.
yeah i talked about it earlier. maybe an upper classman vs freshman type decision or something

D1 Mens sports scholarship numbers.
Baseball
11.7​
Basketball
13​
Cross Country/Track
12.6​
Fencing
4.5​
Football 1-A
85**​
Golf
4.5​
Gymnastics
6.3​
Hockey
18​
Lacrosse
12.6​
Rifle
3.6​
Skiing
6.3​
Soccer
9.9​
Swimming
9.9​
Tennis
4.5​
Volleyball
4.5​
Waterpolo
4.5​
Wrestling
9.9​

Max number scholarship players on a D1 baseball roster cannot exceed 27 and minimum athletic scholarship is 25% per player.

Max number scholarship players on a D1 hockey roster cannot exceed 30 and minimum athletic scholarship is 25% per player.

Last edited:
D1 Womens sports Scholarships
Archery
5​
Badminton
6​
Basketball
15​
Bowling
5​
Cross Country/Track
20​
Fencing
5​
Field Hockey
12​
Golf
6​
Gymnastics
12​
Ice Hockey
18​
Lacrosse
12​
Rowing
20​
Rugby
12​
Skiing
7​
Soccer
14​
Softball
12​
Squash
12​
Swimming
14​
Synchronized Swim.
5​
Team Handball
10​
Tennis
8​
Volleyball
12​
Waterpolo
8​

I've got two good friends that I golf with a lot who both have young daughters. They're both going to be golfing a lot because it seems like women's golf scholarships are out there for the taking and the bar isn't very high.
yep my girls run XC.. there is so many scholarships available for them out there..

2 sport athletes carry to fall sport if i remember correctly or earliest in year. so if a track athlete decides to go for the football team and makes it the scholarship goes against football.

2 sport athletes carry to fall sport if i remember correctly or earliest in year. so if a track athlete decides to go for the football team and makes it the scholarship goes against football.
yep same for players that play baseball or track.. if they even practice with the football team it goes on the FB books

used to be able to just have MLB teams foot the bill.. Ricky Williams never took a scholarship from UT because the MLB team that drafted him out of high school was paying for it.

I've got two good friends that I golf with a lot who both have young daughters. They're both going to be golfing a lot because it seems like women's golf scholarships are out there for the taking and the bar isn't very high.
This is true. The junior college here has golf scholies and can't fill them. Some of it is because the coach won't lower that bar much to get some players. And the better ones are foreigners...Germany, South Africa, England, Chile, etc.

This is true. The junior college here has golf scholies and can't fill them. Some of it is because the coach won't lower that bar much to get some players. And the better ones are foreigners...Germany, South Africa, England, Chile, etc.
This doesn't surprise me at all. I think it would be wonderful for more US girls to be involved with golf. Not only is it an awesome lifelong sport, but being able get a scholarship and carry it with you in the professional world is really nice.

D1 Mens sports scholarship numbers.
Baseball
11.7​
Basketball
13​
Cross Country/Track
12.6​
Fencing
4.5​
Football 1-A
85**​
Golf
4.5​
Gymnastics
6.3​
Hockey
18​
Lacrosse
12.6​
Rifle
3.6​
Skiing
6.3​
Soccer
9.9​
Swimming
9.9​
Tennis
4.5​
Volleyball
4.5​
Waterpolo
4.5​
Wrestling
9.9​

Max number scholarship players on a D1 baseball roster cannot exceed 27 and minimum athletic scholarship is 25% per player.

Max number scholarship players on a D1 hockey roster cannot exceed 30 and minimum athletic scholarship is 25% per player.
Frickin' Hockey gets 18! WTF?

This doesn't surprise me at all. I think it would be wonderful for more US girls to be involved with golf. Not only is it an awesome lifelong sport, but being able get a scholarship and carry it with you in the professional world is really nice.
The junior college here has a nine hole course with a good range/practice areas. (Named after Sammy Baugh) I play there two to three days a week usually. Here's what really pisses me off. When the foreign players have an hour or two between classes they'll be out practicing. They're also out there on weekends. We had a player from Norway a few years ago. That sucker was out there from daylight until dark a lot of the time. I've never seen players from the states even come close to that.

While some have it, we need to teach more of our American kids a better work ethic earlier in life. JMO

While some have it, we need to teach more of our American kids a better work ethic earlier in life.
My son is 10, I've coached his baseball, basketball and football teams since he was 6, so I've been around a ton of kids.
Kids today want nothing to do with hard work. Half the kids who come by to hang out or spend the night -- when we tell them to go outside to play, you'd think we were punishing them.

They all think they are going to be famous online or a professional gamer. If my kid wants to watch TV or play his electronics -- first, his homework has to be completed. second, he has to do 3 sets of 10 pushups and 3 sets of 25 situps.

My son is 10, I've coached his baseball, basketball and football teams since he was 6, so I've been around a ton of kids.
Kids today want nothing to do with hard work. Half the kids who come by to hang out or spend the night -- when we tell them to go outside to play, you'd think we were punishing them.

They all think they are going to be famous online or a professional gamer. If my kid wants to watch TV or play his electronics -- first, his homework has to be completed. second, he has to do 3 sets of 10 pushups and 3 sets of 25 situps.
Hell, I didn't want anything to do with hard work when I was their age either. Difference was that it didn't matter what the hell I wanted. IMO the problem is with we adults nowadays. We need to not let them only do what they want.

I will give parents a little break. I think it is more difficult to raise kids nowadays. JMO

Hell, I didn't want anything to do with hard work when I was their age either. Difference was that it didn't matter what the hell I wanted. IMO the problem is with we adults nowadays. We need to not let them only do what they want.

I will give parents a little break. I think it is more difficult to raise kids nowadays. JMO
My son has a core group of friends. They all parent the same way my wife and I do. Actions have consequences. If you want something, you are going to work for it. No such thing as a participation trophy. If my kid doesn't win a tourney -- he throws the trophy or medal out. Or he saves it to use as a target with his BB gun. No cell phone until 7th grade. No social media until High School. Once the weather is nice enough to be outside -- you spend your day outside with your friends. You can play your games at night.

Too many people let electronics, youtube and social media parent their children today.