NL Central Talk

I’ve been patient since Robin Yount!
fuckin-man.gif

The Bellinger signing actually makes a lot of sense for a team like the Cubs. Not really contending but why not take a flyer on a former MVP?

The Bellinger signing actually makes a lot of sense for a team like the Cubs. Not really contending but why not take a flyer on a former MVP?
I get them as a destination, but don't see the upside of $17.5M for one year, unless the plan is to trade him at the deadline if he finds his form, but even then, it's for a rental.

$17.5M, would have tried for some kind of team option for a second year around $20M if it panned out.

I get them as a destination, but don't see the upside of $17.5M for one year, unless the plan is to trade him at the deadline if he finds his form, but even then, it's for a rental.

$17.5M, would have tried for some kind of team option for a second year around $20M if it panned out.

I haven't looked at the specifics yet, does the mutual option disappear if he is traded midseason or can it be exercised by the new team as well? (I'll look it up myself when I get a chance, just curious if you knew)

Cubs could make things interesting next year. Reds lineup looks brutal, but the rotation has some promise. Pirates are probably gonna Pirate.

Uh oh the Pirates have me hopeful.

They've at least been competent so far and winning games they'd have lost in the last few years. Like what their pitching staff has done and some intriguing young hitters. And Cutch being Cutch.

Cubs are doing about what I expected hovering around 500. Oh and F the cards