NL Central Talk

Henry Davis making his MLB debut for the Pirates. Hit .284/.433/.541 across AA/AAA

They might have themselves a decent core. Steer/India/McLain/De La Cruz/Stephenson/Greene/Lodolo/Diaz
i'm pleasantly surprised by how quickly these youngsters have come together. we might just have ourselves a fun season

2nd would be a good place for you.
kingsley shut up GIF

Reds gone cold. Shut out 3 consecutive games, total of 7 hits.

I'm as excited about the young guys as anyone but some of them were definitely out over their skis. They're not THAT good yet but there's no obvious reason to think they won't still be fine in the end, though.

I'm as excited about the young guys as anyone but some of them were definitely out over their skis. They're not THAT good yet but there's no obvious reason to think they won't still be fine in the end, though.
Their time will come but I don't think this is the year. Trade deadline moves will have a major impact.

Reds gone cold. Shut out 3 consecutive games, total of 7 hits.
And just like that, a 5 game-winning streak. Being only ½ a game back, it's time to get some revenge on those bastard brewers

Well, ain't that a kick in the head.
Better be careful. This is gonna end up like the Cubs and Brewers in 2018 when the Cubs dominated head to head, but the Brewers dominated everyone else and took the division

But I am pulling against the Reds. Their owner is still a shitbag and he doesn’t deserve a postseason check

The Brewers are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their DL is packed. Depth counts, I guess. Lot of guys coming off (hopefully) the DL over the next 2 weeks. Good thing Yelich found something.

The Brewers are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their DL is packed. Depth counts, I guess. Lot of guys coming off (hopefully) the DL over the next 2 weeks. Good thing Yelich found something.
Timely hitting and pitching - good enough to get more W's than L's. Counsell has been holding things together with Elmer's glue and rubber bands.

Half the lineup has been rookies and they're doing reasonably well; so that bodes favorably for the near future of this team. Sal Frelick's debut against the Braves on Saturday was magical.

But I am pulling against the Reds. Their owner is still a shitbag and he doesn’t deserve a postseason check
Hating the Cardinals as I do has been a blessing throughout my life of loving baseball because in addition to being a fan of the Pad Squad, I have been a legit fan of every team in the NL Central outside of St. Louis. Back when I was still watching baseball religiously, my son and I would watch literally hundreds of games a year and it was 90% NL Central and 10% NL West. (we do not watch bastard baseball, therefore never watched regular season AL "baseball")

Last edited: