NL East Smack Talk

I know some heads will point to the abnormality of the 2020 season as a whole as an excuse, and they have a point, but I am not impressed with Luis Rojas rookie season AT ALL.

He manages pretty soft, and seems to not have a clue a lot.

Why wouldn't you bunt with Rosario to lead off extras?
Why was Hughes pitching a 3rd straight game?
Why does he shy away from Drew Smith so damn often?

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he got fired after the season.

I know some heads will point to the abnormality of the 2020 season as a whole as an excuse, and they have a point, but I am not impressed with Luis Rojas rookie season AT ALL.

He manages pretty soft, and seems to not have a clue a lot.

Why wouldn't you bunt with Rosario to lead off extras?
Why was Hughes pitching a 3rd straight game?
Why does he shy away from Drew Smith so damn often?

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he got fired after the season.

Sounds perfect for the Mets way.

the NL is trash this year outside of maybe three teams (if you want to count the Braves).

the NL is trash this year outside of maybe three teams (if you want to count the Braves).

All it takes is for a team to get hot given the setup of the playoffs now.

spectacular meltdown from the Nats. 7-4 lead to T9 results in a 7-7 score to B9. All runs scored with 2 outs I believe

Bieber and Rosario with an interesting little back and forth. Rosario steps out just as Bieber is about to come to the plate....Bieber stops his delivery, seemingly thinking time has been called. Then he throws to the plate and the Twins want a balk called. Umpire just says no pitch like nothing happened.

Weird. Glad Bieber didn't get hurt on that.

Braves rotation is so shit right now that i would be content with just winning the division

Fellow Marlins fans are talking about maybe sneaking in the playoffs? I've been hardly paying attention since football is back. Guess I'm used to being out of it by this point. I'll have to pay more attention.

Fellow Marlins fans are talking about maybe sneaking in the playoffs? I've been hardly paying attention since football is back. Guess I'm used to being out of it by this point. I'll have to pay more attention.

Did you just climb out from under a rock? They're having a very good mini season.

I knew that start was good and then the COVID hit. I know they had a low spot but have been playing around .500 to .750 lately from my score updates.

Unless they have a total collapse in the next week & a half, they'll be one of the 8 NL playoff teams.

Unless they have a total collapse in the next week & a half, they'll be one of the 8 NL playoff teams.

Far from a certainty, they only have a 1 game lead over 9th place

BRAVES: NL EAST CHAMPIONS

FEEEEEEELS GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Soto hitting .345/.480/.683 with a 206 OPS+. His career 150 OPS+ is the 6th highest of all-time among players through their age 21 seasons (Trout has the highest at 166)

He's also sporting a 36:26 BB:K ratio and has a mere 6.6% swinging strike percentage.

If the Phillies fuck around and miss the playoffs...

The Marlins have made the playoffs twice and have won the WS twice. They don’t have near the pieces either of those other two team did, but it’s tempting to put in a low risk/high reward bet

If the Phillies fuck around and miss the playoffs...
They're currently on the outside looking in. The potential hope is that the Rays might be resting people if they lock up first overall.

The bullpen fucked them pretty hard, but they had two games against the Mets last week where they scored a bunch early and then let the Mets' bullpen shut them down, while their bullpen predictably blew it. They win those two games, they're up a half game on the Marlins for second and are almost assured getting in as a third place team.