NL East Smack Talk

This may be the most interesting division this year. Mets, Phillies and Braves all have a shot at winning the division and all are likely to be really good this year. Probably the deepest division in MLB for '21

Scumbag Nats playing the role of Marlins this year, and have the first major COVID outbreak. Series with the Mets postponed.

Lettuce revisit this later.
mike myers no GIF

View attachment 25971

@chewbaccer @RubinRock Come get some, fheggits!
The sweep sucks, but considering the crazy difference in luck in games 1 and 3, it’s frustrating but I still have a lot of hope for this team. They pitched well and crushed the ball a good bit. Just right at players. The Phillies really didn’t put a lot of good swings on the ball, but somehow just kept finding holes.

The sweep sucks, but considering the crazy difference in luck in games 1 and 3, it’s frustrating but I still have a lot of hope for this team. They pitched well and crushed the ball a good bit. Just right at players. The Phillies really didn’t put a lot of good swings on the ball, but somehow just kept finding holes.
That’s a fair read. Games 1 and 3 certainly were close and decided on a few plays. I like that we started the season sweeping you guys at home, but it hasn’t taken away too much fear of you bastards for me.

i'd rather be lucky than good.

i'd rather be lucky than good.
luck may help you in some games. But it won't carry you thru a season. Not saying the Phillies won't be right there in the end, but its not going to be done with broken bats and exit velos of 70 or less each game. Which is what most of that series was for the Phillies. The braves batting average and ops were each around .150 lower than their expected values based on their exit velos those three games. Eventually those balls are going to land and find holes. That started to happen this last series against the Nats.

luck may help you in some games. But it won't carry you thru a season. Not saying the Phillies won't be right there in the end, but its not going to be done with broken bats and exit velos of 70 or less each game. Which is what most of that series was for the Phillies. The braves batting average and ops were each around .150 lower than their expected values based on the their exit velos those three games. Eventually those balls are going to land and find holes. That started to happen this last series against the Nats.
You’re dead right. We had weak shit falling in that first series. You guys had some shots get hung up...or just go right at a defender. It was the tale of that series to me.

I’m just glad to see the Phillies come along with some pop. The exit velos were up yesterday finally.

You’re dead right. We had weak shit falling in that first series. You guys had some shots get hung up...or just go right at a defender. It was the tale of that series to me.

I’m just glad to see the Phillies come along with some pop. The exit velos were up yesterday finally.
Its baseball. The luck usually turns eventually. And numbers even out.

Its going to be interesting in the division. I think the top two are the braves and phillies. Nats are going to be a potential wild card team. Mets, offensively i think they are ok. But we do this every year with their rotation, and they underperform because of injuries. The Marlins, they're just going to be a pesky team. Offensively they really aren't that good. Starting pitching is scary and the bullpen is trash. But they can easily win any series they play if they have the right guys in the rotation lined up.

lol wtf?? Mets win on a walk off hit by pitch. The ump actually called it strike three, but then called it a hit by pitch. Conforto clearly leaned out over the plate to get hit.

lol wtf?? Mets win on a walk off hit by pitch. The ump actually called it strike three, but then called it a hit by pitch. Conforto clearly leaned out over the plate to get hit.
They've got to be able to protest that.

They've got to be able to protest that.
Apparently, they can review hit by pitches, but not the intent to move out of the way. It was clear as day to that he leaned into it. I mean the umpire literally called it a strike originally, before he realized Conforto was hit.

In college its the exact opposite issue. Umps will bring hitters back immediately if they don't make an effort to get out of the way.

Apparently, they can review hit by pitches, but not the intent to move out of the way. It was clear as day to that he leaned into it. I mean the umpire literally called it a strike originally, before he realized Conforto was hit.

In college its the exact opposite issue. Umps will bring hitters back immediately if they don't make an effort to get out of the way.
They should be able to protest that the home plate umpire didn't correctly rule that Conforto made no attempt to get out of the way. Even the Mets broadcast crew pointed that out.