NL West Thread

It take 55% of the league to make the playoff for some streaks to end...

Sure...okay.

Meh...so MLB added 3 postseason teams in the 2 leagues, installed a universal DH, changed extra inning & double header rules and only played a regional schedule for just 2 months due to the pandemic.
I really have no problem with any of that....and it's seemed to work out just fine.

Btw: where is the alleged "bubble protocol" stadium for these playoffs gonna be located??
I haven't seen or read if they ever came to a definitive decision as of yet....unless I somehow missed it.

Last edited:
Sure...okay.

Meh...so MLB added 3 postseason teams in the 2 leagues, installed a universal DH, changed extra inning & double header rules and only played a regional schedule for just 2 months due to the pandemic.
I really have no problem with any of that....and it's seemed to work out just fine.

Btw: where is the alleged "bubble protocol" stadium for these playoffs gonna be located??
I haven't seen or read if they ever came to a definitive decision as of yet....unless I somehow missed it.
I think San Diego is hosting the AL and Arlington is hosting the NL???

I think San Diego is hosting the AL and Arlington is hosting the NL??

Thanks.
Looks like you are correct, for the most part.

I just came across this....

Wild Card​

Best-of-three.
All games at home ballpark of better seed.

Division Series​

Best-of-five.
ALDS in San Diego and Los Angeles. NLDS in Arlington and Houston.

League Championship Series

Best-of-seven.
ALCS in San Diego ; NLCS in Arlington.

World Series

Best-of-seven.
All games in Arlington.

Lord, please have the Giants win today and the Brewers lose. Then have the Giants knock the Dodgers out of the playoffs in two games in the first round. Pleeeeeze

I hate to blame the umps for a game, but my goodness, that was a shitshow. He must have had a flight he had to catch or something.

Was Drake bad for both sides or just the Giants?

Was Drake bad for both sides or just the Giants?
This is why I have a hard time blaming the umpire. The Padre pitchers seemed to notice and took advantage of the zone more than the Giants pitchers did.

He was bad for both teams. But he was inconsistant, and it appeared the zone expanded considerably in the 5th or 6th inning (like he didn’t realize the game actually mattered for one of the teams).

Oddly worded tweet...

”Feat-X has never happened before by anyone.

Team-Y has never performed feat-X.”

Isn’t the second sentence inferred by the first sentence?

Oddly worded tweet...

”Feat-X has never happened before by anyone.

Team-Y has never performed feat-X.”

Isn’t the second sentence inferred by the first sentence?
Fuck the dodgers is also implicitly inferred :suds:

Props to Kazmir on the second comeback. Dude's worked his ass off, hope he continues to do well.