Series Thread NLDS, Braves vs Phillies

Meh. How many teams let their windows close without winning it all? I’m happy we got one, and I don’t think we’re done contending for a little while either.

I don’t remember 95, I was too young. Wash will always be a major part of one of my all time favorite sports memories if we get another before the window closes or not.
Braves are unfortunately going to be around for a while.

Phillies are too. I think the Mets take a significant step back next season. Should be a fun next few years
disagree

Braves will have a fire sale soon.

Mets are still hungry. I think they are still around next year.

disagree

Braves will have a fire sale soon.

Mets are still hungry. I think they are still around next year.
They’re gonna go all in on Judge and not land him all while Nimmo, deGrom and Diaz all sign elsewhere. Book it

They’re gonna go all in on Judge and not land him all while Nimmo, deGrom and Diaz all sign elsewhere. Book it
Judge doesn't seem like a good fit or need for ATL, doesn't mean they won't go for him.

Judge doesn't seem like a good fit or need for ATL, doesn't mean they won't go for him.
I can assure you that we can’t afford Judge, and given his age and injury history, I’d steer clear of anything longer than 3 years for him. But I can guarantee the Mets are gonna after him hard, only for him to either return to the Yankees or sign with a west coast team

I can assure you that we can’t afford Judge, and given his age and injury history, I’d steer clear of anything longer than 3 years for him. But I can guarantee the Mets are gonna after him hard, only for him to either return to the Yankees or sign with a west coast team
again why would they go after Judge? They have Pete Alonso.

again why would they go after Judge? They have Pete Alonso.
Judge plays the outfield and they need more power in their lineup beyond Alonso and Lindor.

They have the richest owner in baseball, and it would be the biggest splash signing in the history of the team.

Agree on the injury history. This year showed that when he has money on the line he is willing and able to play through the pain. As soon as he has a contract, right back to taking days off for sore muscles.

you are guaranteeing it based on absolutely nothing. It would be dumb for them to go after Judge.
It would be since he wouldn’t sign there, but if they did land him it would make them a lot more scary even if their pitching takes a step back

I think he means NYM
Gotcha, I thought he meant the Braves would go after him. Made no sense. Going after Judge would totally be a Mets move. I'd think the RedSox will be in for a little while because "think of green monster" talk.

Agree on the injury history. This year showed that when he has money on the line he is willing and able to play through the pain. As soon as he has a contract, right back to taking days off for sore muscles.
He’s largely stayed healthy the last two seasons, but the 3 seasons before that, he missed a lot of time with various injuries. He’ll be 31 next season too, and bigger guys tend to break down earlier

Gotcha, I thought he meant the Braves would go after him. Made no sense. Going after Judge would totally be a Mets move. I'd think the RedSox will be in for a little while because "think of green monster" talk.
If we sign Dansby, that’s probably gonna take up most of the off-season signing money for the Braves. I doubt we’ll be linked to any big name FA’s other than Dansby

He’s largely stayed healthy the last two seasons, but the 3 seasons before that, he missed a lot of time with various injuries. He’ll be 31 next season too, and bigger guys tend to break down earlier
Joey Gallo is the big hitting OF I'd go after if I were a smart team. He's going to absolutely RAKE next year without the shift messing with him.

If we sign Dansby, that’s probably gonna take up most of the off-season signing money for the Braves. I doubt we’ll be linked to any big name FA’s other than Dansby
Should make some budget for a better 3B coach. :dhd: