Series Thread NLDS, Braves vs Phillies

Gotcha, I thought he meant the Braves would go after him. Made no sense. Going after Judge would totally be a Mets move. I'd think the RedSox will be in for a little while because "think of green monster" talk.
I don't see the Mets going after him.

Getting my 'told ya so' hat on.
I just don’t think the shift is gonna help him as much as you think. The shift shouldn’t impact his power numbers. Joey Gallo with no power is just a late inning defensive sub since he is surprisingly a good defensive corner OF

do they have any opinion at all about Ron Washington? I don't know shit about our 3rd base coach and really don't care.
Well, Dusty and I are glad you didn't get tickets to the NLCS.

I don't see us being serious about Judge.

I just don’t think the shift is gonna help him as much as you think. The shift shouldn’t impact his power numbers. Joey Gallo with no power is just a late inning defensive sub since he is surprisingly a good defensive corner OF
Joey has said for a while that the shift has him adjusting his swing to try to not pull the ball or elevate. With his swing, he gets all the power from pulling it. So I think not having 4 IF's on the right side is going to allow him to go back to his natural swing, which prior to the shift he was nearly a .300 hitter if I remember right.

Joey has said for a while that the shift has him adjusting his swing to try to not pull the ball or elevate. With his swing, he gets all the power from pulling it. So I think not having 4 IF's on the right side is going to allow him to go back to his natural swing, which prior to the shift he was nearly a .300 hitter if I remember right.
.250 is the highest Gallo has ever hit. If he can do that, and his power numbers rebound, his walks and defense would make him a very valuable player. Personally, I just think he’s not as quick with the bat as he used to and now he’s basically Chris Davis with a better walk rate and defense

.250 is the highest Gallo has ever hit. If he can do that, and his power numbers rebound, his walks and defense would make him a very valuable player. Personally, I just think he’s not as quick with the bat as he used to and now he’s basically Chris Davis with a better walk rate and defense
His EV has dropped a bit, but not enough for the kind of drop-off in production. His barrel rate is way down which does point to him trying to get more of an inside out swing and avoid the shift.
He might just be declining, but I think he is worth the low price he would command next season on a make-good deal.

His EV has dropped a bit, but not enough for the kind of drop-off in production. His barrel rate is way down which does point to him trying to get more of an inside out swing and avoid the shift.
He might just be declining, but I think he is worth the low price he would command next season on a make-good deal.
I’d give him a 5 million dollar one year prove it deal. There’s no reason for him to have changed his approach. Shifts were there in 2019 too, and he said himself that batting average doesn’t matter. Joey Gallo without homers is a late inning defensive sub. He was a three true outcome guy and he should have just embraced that. He has a good eye and plays good defense, nobody is gonna care about a low average as long as his OBP is good and he’s hitting 35+ homers