Ohio State Has A New OC

Just so I have this right. Now Michigan buys players BEFORE NIL, because Clemson, a team who is falling behind because they haven't bought into NIL and the portal, offered him 100k?

That makes sense to you? Not that Michigan's LB coach was the HC at Gary's school and his mom knew him?

And Gary's mom said academics was her #1, which is why Gary took classes in the summer of the NFL seasons and graduated in 2023 from UM.

That is your response to your own players coming out and saying they were given cars for free, given money, didn't have to go to class and were given grades. Terrell Pryor was pulled over in 6 different cars in college. He said they were 'loaner cars'😂

What OSU did this off-season is go full Texas A&M. They have had to watch UM out coach and bully them for 3 years, so they decided they were going to try and buy a championship. It is what it is. Best of luck.
Clemson paid players under the table, if Gary is to be believed. He turned down 100G from them to come to Michigan. What do you want his mother to say? Yeah, Clemson was nice, but Michigan had a bigger bag? Of course "academics" is important to mommy.

I wasn't a math major, but I am pretty damned good at it.

And as for players coming out and admitting stuff, JJ McCarthy pretty much confirmed that Michigan was cheating, in his own words. He wasn't misquoted or taken out of context. He said they had to because Ohio State was kicking their ass.

Clemson paid players under the table, if Gary is to be believed. He turned down 100G from them to come to Michigan. What do you want his mother to say? Yeah, Clemson was nice, but Michigan had a bigger bag? Of course "academics" is important to mommy.

I wasn't a math major, but I am pretty damned good at it.

And as for players coming out and admitting stuff, JJ McCarthy pretty much confirmed that Michigan was cheating, in his own words. He wasn't misquoted or taken out of context. He said they had to because Ohio State was kicking their ass.
These are all great stories, but it is just that. A story. IF Michigan was paying recruits like that -- we recruit at a level WAAAAAY higher than we do. You don't have to be good at math to figure that out, common sense would tell you that.

And all McCarthy said is:
McCarthy believes college football teams stealing signs has “been around for years” and is a normal practice in the college football landscape. However, during Wednesday’s College Football Playoff conference call, the Wolverines’ star said the program’s latest scandal is a response to Ohio State stealing Michigan’s signs in previous years.

So you are right, he wasn't misquoted. You just heard what you wanted to hear from the quote.

These are all great stories, but it is just that. A story. IF Michigan was paying recruits like that -- we recruit at a level WAAAAAY higher than we do. You don't have to be good at math to figure that out, common sense would tell you that.

And all McCarthy said is:
McCarthy believes college football teams stealing signs has “been around for years” and is a normal practice in the college football landscape. However, during Wednesday’s College Football Playoff conference call, the Wolverines’ star said the program’s latest scandal is a response to Ohio State stealing Michigan’s signs in previous years.

So you are right, he wasn't misquoted. You just heard what you wanted to hear from the quote.
That is not close to all he said, and you know it.

Do you really believe that the only booster at Michigan handing out cash in all these years was Ed Martin?

Bo worked under Woody. He knew how it was done. Carr worked under Bo. So did Hoke. Harbaugh played for Bo.

obrien.gif

That is not close to all he said, and you know it.

Do you really believe that the only booster at Michigan handing out cash in all these years was Ed Martin?

Bo worked under Woody. He knew how it was done. Carr worked under Bo. So did Hoke. Harbaugh played for Bo.
If Michigan was handing out cash, which they have an infinite amount of alumni willing to do so, as witnesses from the team field trips. We had alumni fighting over who would pay the 7 figure bill each year.

If Michigan was buying recruits -- we'd have a hell of a lot better recruiting classes than we get. Period. We have years where we have zero top 100 recruits. Yet you think we are buying kids?

One program is desperate right now. It isn't THE National Champion Michigan Wolverines though. Ohio A&M on the other hand? 2021 Lose to Michigan, fire DC. 2022 Still lose to Michigan. Fire the OL coach. 2023 STILL lose to Michigan and watch them win a National Championship. No more play calling for Day. 2024 -- Unfortunately for UM, this will likely be Day's final year and the fun will be over.
Yes desperate for the coach who preaches "doing things the right way" lied and cheated. He is like one of those gay guys that just cant stop talking about how horrible being gay is but is deepthroating on the weekends.

Talk about desperation. This comment is like a full court heave at the buzzer.
I know its almost like the records dont reflect that....but they do. Thanks Johnny.

If Michigan was handing out cash, which they have an infinite amount of alumni willing to do so, as witnesses from the team field trips. We had alumni fighting over who would pay the 7 figure bill each year.

If Michigan was buying recruits -- we'd have a hell of a lot better recruiting classes than we get. Period. We have years where we have zero top 100 recruits. Yet you think we are buying kids?
Or maybe other teams are paying better.

Yes desperate for the coach who preaches "doing things the right way" lied and cheated. He is like one of those gay guys that just cant stop talking about how horrible being gay is but is deepthroating on the weekends.
WTF? I will take your word on the gay guys. You seem quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Or maybe other teams are paying better.
If Michigan was going to pay recruits -- very few schools could match the money they could throw around. Stephen Ross alone has given UM like $500 million dollars. They get a ridiculous amount of money every year. As I said -- Alumni were literally fighting over who would pay the 7 figure cost to send the team on those field trips.

If the athletic department gave the green light -- Michigan could go crazy. Our administration will never green light it though, as the guys who you'd want to buy wouldn't get in.

If Michigan was going to pay recruits -- very few schools could match the money they could throw around. Stephen Ross alone has given UM like $500 million dollars. They get a ridiculous amount of money every year. As I said -- Alumni were literally fighting over who would pay the 7 figure cost to send the team on those field trips.

If the athletic department gave the green light -- Michigan could go crazy. Our administration will never green light it though, as the guys who you'd want to buy wouldn't get in.
Do they charge rent for the air castle you live in?

Bryce is looking mighty overrated so far in the NFL also.

I'm not saying this hire is giving me a raging boner or anything but its not stub my toe on the cabinet bad.
Carolina sucks ... no QB was going to make a difference there this year. Their OL is atrocious.

We are talking about different language I think.
Yes, I live in a reality where Michigan does pretty much everything everyone else does, and you live in some fantasy land where they are lily white and pure as the driven snow, while everyone else are cheating ass cheaters.

Yes, I live in a reality where Michigan does pretty much everything everyone else does, and you live in some fantasy land where they are lily white and pure as the driven snow, while everyone else are cheating ass cheaters.
If by everything else -- you are talking about players on the team getting NIL deals. I agree. Buying recruits isn't happening though. Hell -- the guy who just took over for Harbaugh in his opening press conference said UM has to step it up in the NIL department.

The biggest NIL deal we have are for guys returning to school instead of going to the NFL. I believe they collected $800,000 to be split between all the guys returning at UM last year.

It is the same reason Hunter Dickinson left UM basketball.

If by everything else -- you are talking about players on the team getting NIL deals. I agree. Buying recruits isn't happening though. Hell -- the guy who just took over for Harbaugh in his opening press conference said UM has to step it up in the NIL department.

The biggest NIL deal we have are for guys returning to school instead of going to the NFL. I believe they collected $800,000 to be split between all the guys returning at UM last year.

It is the same reason Hunter Dickinson left UM basketball.
Ryan Day said exactly the same thing last year. BTW that is where the $13M came from - Day stated that they had estimated it would take approximately that much per year to be able to compete with Alabama, Georgia and the like.

Given the family situation, I would be surprised if he turns it down if offered.

I'm fine with it. Hate it for the Buckeyes but family trumps all.

Ryan Day said exactly the same thing last year. BTW that is where the $13M came from - Day stated that they had estimated it would take approximately that much per year to be able to compete with Alabama, Georgia and the like.
Don't try to bring facts or logic into a conversation with newphone, it's no use.