Ohio State Has A New OC

Michigan has absolutely crushed the spirit of Ryan Day and Ohio State. Taking away play calling from Day is a step in the right direction though. Next step is fire Day and bring in a coach to toughen them up.
Playing cheaters can do that.

Not excited by this hire. Hope I'm wrong but BoB just seems like that hire that keeps getting undeserved chances a la Tim Beck or Alex Grinch

Holy cow, good luck with that. I did a little victory dance when we got rid of him at Alabama.

Pats would've been terrible regardless who was the OC. But Matt Patricia's offense was better with basically the same exact pieces the year before.

Matt Patricia.
He had 6th round rookie Demario Douglas as the top receiving weapon in 2023 and Rhamondre was hurt. I'm guessing he would've liked to have had Jakobi Meyers back, who somehow had a great year for LV. The OL was also horrendously bad. I think at one point they were starting 2 or 3 rookies throughout the year. Not quite the "same exact pieces".

Not excited by this hire. Hope I'm wrong but BoB just seems like that hire that keeps getting undeserved chances a la Tim Beck or Alex Grinch
Grinch has never even sniffed success though. BoB had elite offenses at Bama in 21 and 22, and he's going to have an embarrassment of riches this year in Columbus. I would've preferred Joe Brady but I still think this was a good move.

Ryan Day just created a purple and yellow beast @Bayou Tiger

where is he going to go other than LSU? you think he wants to go to the guy who told Milroe he wasn't a QB?

Ryan Day just created a purple and yellow beast @Bayou Tiger

where is he going to go other than LSU? you think he wants to go to the guy who told Milroe he wasn't a QB?

The staff had to be lying to these kids and recruits about what was going on behind the scenes.

I mean, I know it's the GOAT coach of college football but this is nuts without the amount of kids leaving

Grinch has never even sniffed success though. BoB had elite offenses at Bama in 21 and 22, and he's going to have an embarrassment of riches this year in Columbus. I would've preferred Joe Brady but I still think this was a good move.

I guess so, I just think he did want he should at Bama. he had elite playmakers and an elite college QB so their offense was good.

Do you see BoB actually beating an opposing defensive coordinator with a scheme? I don't.
I really hope you guys are saying I told you so to me at the end of next season

He had 6th round rookie Demario Douglas as the top receiving weapon in 2023 and Rhamondre was hurt. I'm guessing he would've liked to have had Jakobi Meyers back, who somehow had a great year for LV. The OL was also horrendously bad. I think at one point they were starting 2 or 3 rookies throughout the year. Not quite the "same exact pieces".
The offensive line was horrendously bad the previous season as well. Rhamondre Stevenson played 2/3 of the season and wasn't effective outside of maybe one or two games. Jakobi meyers was a good piece for them before, but he had an almost identical season this year with the Raiders. He's a solid average wr, but not a game changer. He isn't worth a 100 point difference. Nor was the loss of Kendrick Bourne. So yes, they are pretty damn close to being same exact pieces.

Again, they weren't going to be good, regardless of who was calling plays. But they were 100 points worse this season.

I guess so, I just think he did want he should at Bama. he had elite playmakers and an elite college QB so their offense was good.

Do you see BoB actually beating an opposing defensive coordinator with a scheme? I don't.
I really hope you guys are saying I told you so to me at the end of next season

They roasted UGA in the SEC title game in 2021, 41 points and over 500 yards. Injuries killed them for the national title game

I'm not saying this is going to be some tremendous success but he helped a little person win Heisman with his offense.
Yeah who knows if he is the right guy for this offense but the main point in all of this is Day finally gives up playcalling duties so he can focus on being the best HC possible.

Pats would've been terrible regardless who was the OC. But Matt Patricia's offense was better with basically the same exact pieces the year before.

Matt Patricia.
Yeah I would have preferred Patricia

Good hire, Day needed to give up play calling and Bill OBrian has college and pro experience

He averaged 40 points a season in his two years at Bama and got Bryce Young a Heisman

2024 Buckeyes are shaping up to be a tough team with a lot of returning starters. I’m pumped!

He was the OC in 21 and 22 at Bama.

In 2021 they had 2 losses.

Lost to A&M 41-38
Lost to Georgia 33-18 - previous matchup won 41-24

In 2022 they had 2 losses

Lost to Tennessee 52-49
Lost to LSU 32-31

So basically Bama fans are saying BoB sucks bc he only put up 18 on Georgia, probably the best Georgia team. After putting up 41 on them earlier in the year. It is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in a year. I don't get the hate from Bama fans other than his playcalling wasn't perfect.

4th and 6th rated offense isn't bad. The defense was the problem

He was the OC in 21 and 22 at Bama.

In 2021 they had 2 losses.

Lost to A&M 41-38
Lost to Georgia 33-18 - previous matchup won 41-24

In 2022 they had 2 losses

Lost to Tennessee 52-49
Lost to LSU 32-31

So basically Bama fans are saying BoB sucks bc he only put up 18 on Georgia, probably the best Georgia team. After putting up 41 on them earlier in the year. It is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in a year. I don't get the hate from Bama fans other than his playcalling wasn't perfect.

4th and 6th rated offense isn't bad. The defense was the problem
Anyone wanna guess who the DC was.....

Univ. Of Alabama Defensive Coordinator Pete Golding Arrested For DUI