Ohio State Has A New OC

@moxie. time for a little gif roulette..

today's word: butt chin

family guy peter GIF by South Park

big butt GIF

Not really arguing for/against, but those PSU OLs during Hackenberg's years were god awful. He really took a beating the next two years and it felt like he was seeing ghosts. Still baffles me that he got drafted even in the 2nd round, but that's the Jets for you

Have to wonder how he turns out in an alternate universe where he's behind 5 turnstiles

Yeah who knows if he is the right guy for this offense but the main point in all of this is Day finally gives up playcalling duties so he can focus on being the best HC possible.
TBH that MIGHT be the wave of the future. Just too much for HC’s to do outside of X’s and O’s. BOB may or may not be the right hire, but giving up the OC position seems like a smart move by Day or any other HC imo.

From my understanding he was famous for underutilizing the RB’s at Bama, I wonder how Judkins likes the hire?

Not really arguing for/against, but those PSU OLs during Hackenberg's years were god awful. He really took a beating the next two years and it felt like he was seeing ghosts. Still baffles me that he got drafted even in the 2nd round, but that's the Jets for you

Have to wonder how he turns out in an alternate universe where he's behind 5 turnstiles
What BoB did at PSU was nothing short of miraculous. He went 8-4 with a team with multiple walk-on starters.

What BoB did at PSU was nothing short of miraculous. He went 8-4 with a team with multiple walk-on starters.
Hackenberg had the best year with BoB. He got drafted bc people were reminiscing over that one year and he was still average at best

Hackenberg had the best year with BoB. He got drafted bc people were reminiscing over that one year and he was still average at best

It was a good freshman season, but yeah it just seemed like people were too caught up in his five star prospect status. I made a joke about Rick Ankiel with Bauserman, but watching Hackenberg felt a lot like watching Ankiel trying to throw strikes in the 2000 NLDS. Feel like he's a prime example of why you need to account for performance and not just tools. Not only did he fail to get a completion percentage above 60%, but it got worse with each passing year. 53.5% for a third year starting Junior is awful.

It was a good freshman season, but yeah it just seemed like people were too caught up in his five star prospect status. I made a joke about Rick Ankiel with Bauserman, but watching Hackenberg felt a lot like watching Ankiel trying to throw strikes in the 2000 NLDS. Feel like he's a prime example of why you need to account for performance and not just tools. Not only did he fail to get a completion percentage above 60%, but it got worse with each passing year. 53.5% for a third year starting Junior is awful.
Speaking of baseball. Was surprised to see Giolito get 2 for 40. He was awful lately. Still inly 29 but geesh

Speaking of baseball. Was surprised to see Giolito get 2 for 40. He was awful lately. Still inly 29 but geesh

Yeah it's a weird contract... especially when the Sox could have had Stroman, a far superior pitcher the last 2-3 years, for about the same amount of money.

biggest problem for Giolito is he's been giving up too much hard contact and too many home runs. The strikeout and walk rates look fine. I don't hate it but the Sox need a lot more than just banking on a rebound season from Giolito.

Bama had the #4 and #6 scoring offense in college football when he was at Alabama.

Bryce is looking mighty overrated so far in the NFL also.

I'm not saying this hire is giving me a raging boner or anything but its not stub my toe on the cabinet bad.

I'm not saying this hire is giving me a raging boner or anything but its not stub my toe on the cabinet bad.
Yeah I think that's the idea.

Just curious. Who would be your first choice? You guys can afford anyone you want so it can’t be about money.
I was hoping for Joe Brady. What he did turning LSU around from 2018 to 2019 was miraculous. Sounds like he's getting the full-time gig with Buffalo though, so I get the decision on his part.

Just curious. Who would be your first choice? You guys can afford anyone you want so it can’t be about money.

I think if people sat and thought about it rather than dunking on Bill he's not some horrendous choice.

Horrendous is Kerry Coombs Alex Grinch.

I think what broke Ryan Day and Ohio State's spirit is Michigan's Offensive Coordinator out coaching them.

And please refer to Michigan as the Back to Back to Back B1G champ and reigning National Champion when you refer to them. Thank you in advance.
I think was broke Harbs and led him to created a culture of lying and cheating was the repeated loses over and over and finally running away from the game in shame.

I think was broke Harbs and led him to created a culture of lying and cheating was the repeated loses over and over and finally running away from the game in shame.
Well this has been proven. It's why no michigan fan can respond if you simply ask them if they didn't need to cheat, why they did it

I think if people sat and thought about it rather than dunking on Bill he's not some horrendous choice.

Horrendous is Kerry Coombs Alex Grinch.

Not sure Coombs looked like a horrendous choice at the time. The guy was dynamite his first round through Ohio State with the DBs.

Bryce has to overcome physical limitations in the NFL that did not limit him in college.

Whether he turns out to be a bust in the NFL or not does change the fact he was elite in college

Not sure Coombs looked like a horrendous choice at the time. The guy was dynamite his first round through Ohio State with the DBs.

Bryce has to overcome physical limitations in the NFL that did not limit him in college.

Whether he turns out to be a bust in the NFL or not does change the fact he was elite in college

Kerry was an ace recruiter

that's it.