Ohio State Has A New OC

Kerry was an ace recruiter

that's it.

I disagree. He had our CBs and Special teams playing at a very high level. Special teams coverage was always lethal while he was there. (The return game wasn't great) and it's not just the big names like Lattimore and Okudah he had playing really well but lesser recruits like Arnette and Conley also became 1st round picks.

Dude definitely seemed to have lost some of his fire the second time through and he was an awful awful play caller at DC

I think was broke Harbs and led him to created a culture of lying and cheating was the repeated loses over and over and finally running away from the game in shame.
The excuses are glorious to listen to. @Across The Field has convinced himself this is why you were losing, completely ignoring the fact, EVERY team who can play physical were giving OSU problems. That's why UM fans LOVE Ryan Day. The OSU teams take on his soft persona.

And when you refer to Michigan again. Please call us THE National Champion Michigan Wolverines. TY

I disagree. He had our CBs and Special teams playing at a very high level. Special teams coverage was always lethal while he was there. (The return game wasn't great) and it's not just the big names like Lattimore and Okudah he had playing really well but lesser recruits like Arnette and Conley also became 1st round picks.

Dude definitely seemed to have lost some of his fire the second time through and he was an awful awful play caller at DC
Whoever your secondary coach is right now needs to be fired. Coombs had your secondary all on the same page playing as a unit. Whoever has been coaching them as a late -- they look lost out their at times.

I think was broke Harbs and led him to created a culture of lying and cheating was the repeated loses over and over and finally running away from the game in shame.
Well this has been proven. It's why no michigan fan can respond if you simply ask them if they didn't need to cheat, why they did it

Something, Something mentally disturbed 'Lone Wolf' just trying to make a name for himself.

Whoever your secondary coach is right now needs to be fired. Coombs had your secondary all on the same page playing as a unit. Whoever has been coaching them as a late -- they look lost out their at times.

Our secondary was much improved this past season and it is going to be really good this year.

Injuries took their toll last year and trying to put athletes into safety positions that they never should have been in (cam Martinez).

Tim Walton took over in 2022 a disaster of a unit but they have been getting better

Our secondary was much improved this past season and it is going to be really good this year.

Injuries took their toll last year and trying to put athletes into safety positions that they never should have been in (cam Martinez).

Tim Walton took over in 2022 a disaster of a unit but they have been getting better
They were better, but it is safe to say, OSU wasn't facing elite WR's (they are all on OSU) and
McCarthy was the best QB in the B1G and we run the ball 60+% of the time.

They were much better as a whole though. IMO, It had to do with players being much more disciplined with their responsibilities. Instead of trying to make splash plays -- they used more of the strategy UM uses where they force teams to go on long drives, keep everything in front of them.

They were better, but it is safe to say, OSU wasn't facing elite WR's (they are all on OSU) and
McCarthy was the best QB in the B1G and we run the ball 60+% of the time.

They were much better as a whole though. IMO, It had to do with players being much more disciplined with their responsibilities. Instead of trying to make splash plays -- they used more of the strategy UM uses where they force teams to go on long drives, keep everything in front of them.

Yes Knowles was far too aggressive his first year. He wanted to make an impression, I think and our secondary was not nearly good enough to cover for it.

They return everyone this year in the secondary except Josh proctor and they replaced him with Caleb Downs

Yes Knowles was far too aggressive his first year. He wanted to make an impression, I think and our secondary was not nearly good enough to cover for it.

They return everyone this year in the secondary except Josh proctor and they replaced him with Caleb Downs
Not happy with Caleb Downs going there. He is a baller. He will be the best player on OSU's defense next year.

Not happy with Caleb Downs going there. He is a baller. He will be the best player on OSU's defense next year.
I doubt that. OSU is bringing back some solid players. Guy that could have been 3rd round picks. Caleb is a bit over-rated. He was not a great player, but he was a freshman playing safety. He has all the traits to be great, but he also has some growing to do. Obvious NFL upside, but he isn’t close to that ceiling yet

I doubt that. OSU is bringing back some solid players. Guy that could have been 3rd round picks. Caleb is a bit over-rated. He was not a great player, but he was a freshman playing safety. He has all the traits to be great, but he also has some growing to do. Obvious NFL upside, but he isn’t close to that ceiling yet

Did you see our Safeties last year outside of Ransom? Lol. He’s a gigantic upgrade in the secondary

Guy was probably the best defensive freshman in the country. Hardly “overrated”

Knowles refusal to really rotate players at all needs to stop it kills us against better teams like in the Michigan and Missouri games late in the game where the front 7 is just completely gassed from playing almost every snap.

Knowles refusal to really rotate players at all needs to stop it kills us against better teams like in the Michigan and Missouri games late in the game where the front 7 is just completely gassed from playing almost every snap.
That comes down to development of talent. If the players behind your starters were ready to contribute -- I'm sure you would rotate them to keep them fresh.

If you have a big drop off by putting those players in, than it defeats the purpose. I don't think OSU has had much depth at all defensively the last few years. Now of offense -- you have an embarrassment of riches. I'd love to have ONE of those big time WR's.

That comes down to development of talent. If the players behind your starters were ready to contribute -- I'm sure you would rotate them to keep them fresh.

If you have a big drop off by putting those players in, than it defeats the purpose. I don't think OSU has had much depth at all defensively the last few years. Now of offense -- you have an embarrassment of riches. I'd love to have ONE of those big time WR's.

The DL NEEDS a breath here and there even if the backups are meh. The starters running at 50% of less isn’t better

Lol then on offense day refuses to rotate WRs it’s always the same 3 with only the 1 and 2 getting any serious run.

The DL NEEDS a breath here and there even if the backups are meh. The starters running at 50% of less isn’t better

Lol then on offense day refuses to rotate WRs it’s always the same 3 with only the 1 and 2 getting any serious run.
Skill position guys can run all day. Not a big deal to run with the same group. Defensively though -- especially the DL guys -- you have to have guys you can rotate, as those big guys don't have the gas tank of the skill position guys, as they are carrying ALOT more weight around.

Michigan used 8-10 guys on the DL. We didn't have any true elite player on the DL. We had some very good DT's, but at DE, we just had a bunch of guys who could get after the QB and rotated them all game.

Skill position guys can run all day. Not a big deal to run with the same group. Defensively though -- especially the DL guys -- you have to have guys you can rotate, as those big guys don't have the gas tank of the skill position guys, as they are carrying ALOT more weight around.

Michigan used 8-10 guys on the DL. We didn't have any true elite player on the DL. We had some very good DT's, but at DE, we just had a bunch of guys who could get after the QB and rotated them all game.

I really think it’s more Knowles and Day just refusing to rotate. We had at least a couple of backup DL who looked at least decent/capable the rare opportunities they actually got on the field

The excuses are glorious to listen to. @Across The Field has convinced himself this is why you were losing, completely ignoring the fact, EVERY team who can play physical were giving OSU problems. That's why UM fans LOVE Ryan Day. The OSU teams take on his soft persona.

And when you refer to Michigan again. Please call us THE National Champion Michigan Wolverines. TY
What's funny is how michigan was horrendously awful in 2020, Stallions starts his scheme, and suddenly you're a CFP team? And you say others are "completely ignoring" facts LOL.

Did you see our Safeties last year outside of Ransom? Lol. He’s a gigantic upgrade in the secondary

Guy was probably the best defensive freshman in the country. Hardly “overrated”
Best freshmen and best player are 2 different things. He is very good, but I watched Texas pick on him in that game. Safety is tough position to play early, it speaks to his potential. He was a solid player as a true freshmen. He was arguably the #1 player in the portal, but not for 2023 production. It was because of his years remaining and potential

Best freshmen and best player are 2 different things. He is very good, but I watched Texas pick on him in that game. Safety is tough position to play early, it speaks to his potential. He was a solid player as a true freshmen. He was arguably the #1 player in the portal, but not for 2023 production. It was because of his years remaining and potential

You watched Texas pick on him in his second game as a true freshman?

Its bc of potential and years remaining sure, but it absolutely is bc of production as well. The guy led Alabama in tackles by like 40 and was on the all SEC team. I'm not sure he will definitely be the best defender on the team, Burke was very good last year and should be better, guys a long the defensive line will step up as well, but he is gonna be very good.

I cant get past the first sentence. As he said if the cheating didnt help, why do it? Why was Harbs so desperate to stoop to lying and cheating for a win?