Ohio State Has A New OC

I guess so, I just think he did want he should at Bama. he had elite playmakers and an elite college QB so their offense was good.

Do you see BoB actually beating an opposing defensive coordinator with a scheme? I don't.
I really hope you guys are saying I told you so to me at the end of next season
That's basically the case in Columbus. Like I said, he isn't my first choice but I think it's a very smart move.

He was the OC in 21 and 22 at Bama.

In 2021 they had 2 losses.

Lost to A&M 41-38
Lost to Georgia 33-18 - previous matchup won 41-24

In 2022 they had 2 losses

Lost to Tennessee 52-49
Lost to LSU 32-31

So basically Bama fans are saying BoB sucks bc he only put up 18 on Georgia, probably the best Georgia team. After putting up 41 on them earlier in the year. It is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in a year. I don't get the hate from Bama fans other than his playcalling wasn't perfect.

4th and 6th rated offense isn't bad. The defense was the problem

to be fair to BOB, Alabama was playing without Metchie in the playoffs and Jameson Williams got hurt in the first half

The offensive line was horrendously bad the previous season as well. Rhamondre Stevenson played 2/3 of the season and wasn't effective outside of maybe one or two games. Jakobi meyers was a good piece for them before, but he had an almost identical season this year with the Raiders. He's a solid average wr, but not a game changer. He isn't worth a 100 point difference. Nor was the loss of Kendrick Bourne. So yes, they are pretty damn close to being same exact pieces.

Again, they weren't going to be good, regardless of who was calling plays. But they were 100 points worse this season.
The offensive line in 2022 wasn't horrendously bad at all. They were a top 5 PFF unit in 2022 and 31st ranked in 2023. Also, the 100 point difference is far from only being on BoB. The offense had 31 TDs in 2022 and 25 in 2023, but the defense/ST scored 8 TDs in 2022 compared to 1 in 2023.

to be fair to BOB, Alabama was playing without Metchie in the playoffs and Jameson Williams got hurt in the first half

Yep. Williams was having a pretty good game too before he got hurt, Bama probably wins that game if he doesn't get hurt.

I guess so, I just think he did want he should at Bama. he had elite playmakers and an elite college QB so their offense was good.

Do you see BoB actually beating an opposing defensive coordinator with a scheme? I don't.
I really hope you guys are saying I told you so to me at the end of next season

Bryce Young made a shit ton of plays to mask some of the play calling IMO.

That's basically the case in Columbus. Like I said, he isn't my first choice but I think it's a very smart move.

I do think his experience can help Hartline so that part I'm excited about. I'd like to see Hartline being given the reins within the next 2-3 seasons. OC reins that is

I do think his experience can help Hartline so that part I'm excited about. I'd like to see Hartline being given the reins within the next 2-3 seasons. OC reins that is
Couldn't agree more, and I think that's the plan. He can definitely learn some things from BoB for a couple of years.

My expression when Butt Chin keeps getting a job in football:

bill-obrien.jpg

Man Deboers is in trouble because for the past 10 years Saban could do no wrong and everything negative was a coordinators fault. Bammers have a blind spot to Saban or the player issues but they are going to turn like a pack of wolves on Deboers.

Man Deboers is in trouble because for the past 10 years Saban could do no wrong and everything negative was a coordinators fault. Bammers have a blind spot to Saban or the player issues but they are going to turn like a pack of wolves on Deboers.
u blame them?.. he ran off the top QB in '24

1705687568079.png

Playing cheaters can do that.
I think what broke Ryan Day and Ohio State's spirit is Michigan's Offensive Coordinator out coaching them.

And please refer to Michigan as the Back to Back to Back B1G champ and reigning National Champion when you refer to them. Thank you in advance.