Poll OK, all of you Old Fuckers like me get in here and Vote on this Important Question

The EYE TEST/What would have happened if Nebraska and Michigan had played each other ???

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
I have been monitoring all of the discourse about the Best Team in 1997; Nebraska or Michigan

If you were a fan of College Football in 1997, vote above.
And don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Remember
This is completely Unbiased and youngsters really want to know.

Last edited:
Maybe the B1G Main Office could determine this better ??

Give you score Predictions of this imaginary game

In 1997, I would have voted Nebraska, but I have been swayed to lean Michigan over the years!

At the end of the day, they BOTH had GREAT years and were Undefeated, Untied Bowl Championship Teams - which is more important than a beauty contest.

I watched both of these teams multiple times in 1997 and it's not even close.
Not sure why all the discussion.

Was just reading this yesterday after seeing that discussion in some thread here.....

The Cornhuskers played 4 teams which were ranked in the top 25, two of those teams were ranked in the top 3(Washington and Tennessee).

Nebraska had a few close calls the most famous would be against Missouri when a miracle catch allowed them to claim the victory. This is what caused Michigan to jump Nebraska in the Polls.

Even though Nebraska won they actually fell behind in the national rankings.

Ironically the complete opposite happened at the end of the season when they destroyed #3 Tennessee while Michigan escaped with a close victory over Washington State.

Nebraska - 29
Michigan - 27

Link to article:
www.bleacherreport.com/articles/227560-1997-the-great-debate

Link to article:
Question Mark Idk GIF by US National Archives

Ok
That guy is a youngster or a Michigan fan.

No other possibility

You talking about the author to article I linked?

He picked the Cornhuskers to win....

The fourth quarter would be one of those most anticipated quarters in the history of college football, two great titans battling it out, two of the greatest programs waging war against one another for the grandest prize of them all. Could Michigan get the monkey off its back and win a national championship in the 90’s? Could Nebraska send the legendary Tom Osborne out with a win? I see this quarter becoming a battle in the trenches. I see Nebraska’s Novocain like offense consistently running right in to the teeth of the Michigan defense. With the game on the line the Huskers give the ball to there best player…Ahman Green. The Huskers wear down the Wolverines prompting them to an outright title in one of the greatest games in college history. Final Score Nebraska 29; Michigan 27.

You talking about the author to article I linked?

He picked the Cornhuskers to win....

The fourth quarter would be one of those most anticipated quarters in the history of college football, two great titans battling it out, two of the greatest programs waging war against one another for the grandest prize of them all. Could Michigan get the monkey off its back and win a national championship in the 90’s? Could Nebraska send the legendary Tom Osborne out with a win? I see this quarter becoming a battle in the trenches. I see Nebraska’s Novocain like offense consistently running right in to the teeth of the Michigan defense. With the game on the line the Huskers give the ball to there best player…Ahman Green. The Huskers wear down the Wolverines prompting them to an outright title in one of the greatest games in college history. Final Score Nebraska 29; Michigan 27.
Yes
Saw that

29-27 is for people who didn't watch the 1997 season

In 1997, I would have voted Nebraska, but I have been swayed to lean Michigan over the years!

At the end of the day, they BOTH had GREAT years and were Undefeated, Untied Bowl Championship Teams - which is more important than a beauty contest.
13 games vs 12 we would've stomped a mud hole in their ass

71-3 Nebraska

Garbage time Field goal for scum