Poll OK, all of you Old Fuckers like me get in here and Vote on this Important Question

The EYE TEST/What would have happened if Nebraska and Michigan had played each other ???

• Total voters
I have been monitoring all of the discourse about the Best Team in 1997; Nebraska or Michigan

If you were a fan of College Football in 1997, vote above.
And don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Remember
This is completely Unbiased and youngsters really want to know.
Just what the hell is wrong with old fuckers?

Nebraska 49
Michigan 17
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lol look at you producing a wall of garbage to try and justify your ill-gotten wood plank
Yes -- just pointing out facts. Why let that get in the way of the fantasy world Nebraska fans live in? I mean, let's be honest, Nebraska fans honestly think they have a chance in hell of being elite again in today's CFB, so we all know how delusional they are.

Michigan fans aren't sleeping in -- We simply don't care about 25 years ago and understand that the coaches wanted to give Osborne a going away gift.

I bet no one thought the Nebraska football program would take the going away present literally and become a bottom feeder in the very conference Michigan plays in, yet here we are, in Nebraska's current reality.

I feel so bad for the Nebraska program -- I'd vote for them too.

Like I'm SUPPOSED to remember things happening 20+ years ago...

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

But.... DO CARRY ON!! :pop2::martini:

I think the score would have looked like one of our last games with Nebraska. UM would have pulled their starters at halftime.

4F2BB97D-D7D4-46E5-8422-4B09B949529B.jpeg

I have been monitoring all of the discourse about the Best Team in 1997; Nebraska or Michigan

If you were a fan of College Football in 1997, vote above.
And don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Remember
This is completely Unbiased and youngsters really want to know.
Of course I would vote for Michigan ... if you were to ask me who is going to win the NCAA Championship next year, I would say an Undefeated Michigan. I am a shameless homer, but I am not so bad that I would still be telling you that my 1997 team was superior to another team. I have moved on ... still whining about a game that never happened 25 years ago is a concern. Tom Brady was a back-up Quarterback for that team.

I'm not going to pretend I know who was better because I don't actually recollect any of this season, except for the Nebraska/Missouri finish(ABC must have switched to it after the game in my area), and the Rose Bowl game. Perhaps I remember because both games had crazy finishes.

I will say, it seems like Nov 8th was the point where the AP made up their minds that Michigan was the better team. Granted Michigan did beat #2 PSU that day 34-8, but that PSU team went on to get blown out by MSU 49-14 and blown out by UF in the bowl game. That PSU team didn't even finish in the top 15. That was the same day Nebraska beat Missouri in OT. That Missouri team went on to finish #23, 7 spots behind PSU. After that point Nebraska had the better close to the season IMO, winning the Big 12CG and Bowl game by an avg of 32 ppg. Nebraska did have the two best performances that season by beating Tennessee by 25 and Kansas State by 30 both of whom finished in the top 10. But on the flipside, Michigan probably had the tougher overall schedule that season.

Also, im not sure why the Baylor game is being brought up to discredit Nebraska, like the one Michigan fan keeps doing? Both games were blowouts. Nebraska actually had a larger lead going into the 4th quarter than Michigan did. Michigan scored with 2 minutes left in the 4th to win by 35. Nebraska won by 28. Admittedly, Michigan played better against Colorado than Nebraska did. But that's just one singular data point.