Poll OK, all of you Old Fuckers like me get in here and Vote on this Important Question

The EYE TEST/What would have happened if Nebraska and Michigan had played each other ???

• Total voters
I have been monitoring all of the discourse about the Best Team in 1997; Nebraska or Michigan

If you were a fan of College Football in 1997, vote above.
And don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Remember
This is completely Unbiased and youngsters really want to know.

This is nice. I might just let you fuck my sister

Fuck Io...............Michigan

cant see season 7 GIF
eye GIF

I'm not going to pretend I know who was better because I don't actually recollect any of this season, except for the Nebraska/Missouri finish(ABC must have switched to it after the game in my area), and the Rose Bowl game. Perhaps I remember because both games had crazy finishes.

I will say, it seems like Nov 8th was the point where the AP made up their minds that Michigan was the better team. Granted Michigan did beat #2 PSU that day 34-8, but that PSU team went on to get blown out by MSU 49-14 and blown out by UF in the bowl game. That PSU team didn't even finish in the top 15. That was the same day Nebraska beat Missouri in OT. That Missouri team went on to finish #23, 7 spots behind PSU. After that point Nebraska had the better close to the season IMO, winning the Big 12CG and Bowl game by an avg of 32 ppg. Nebraska did have the two best performances that season by beating Tennessee by 25 and Kansas State by 30 both of whom finished in the top 10. But on the flipside, Michigan probably had the tougher overall schedule that season.

Also, im not sure why the Baylor game is being brought up to discredit Nebraska, like the one Michigan fan keeps doing? Both games were blowouts. Nebraska actually had a larger lead going into the 4th quarter than Michigan did. Michigan scored with 2 minutes left in the 4th to win by 35. Nebraska won by 28. Admittedly, Michigan played better against Colorado than Nebraska did. But that's just one singular data point.
I was so fucking mad at PSU, they weren’t anywhere close to UM that day on the field. In hindsight I should have seen it as a few works before that I watched with my own eyes a mediocre Minnesota team control the game at PSU and had it not been for 2 Gopher fumbles PSU loses that game. So I probably should have saw that coming.

Gee I wonder who the real champion in 97 was.

Would you rather haveView attachment 80440

Or would you rather have

View attachment 80441
Crystal vs trash
Congrats on the Sears Trophy. It is the PERFECT NAME for a trophy for Nebraska, as Nebraska's football program is just like Sears. They were on the top of the world in the 90's, now they are non-existent.

You can't make this up. The Sears Trophy :rofl:

1993 11-2
1994 13-0
1995 12-0
1996 11-2
1997 13-0

It's the 2nd best 5 year run in college football history
I guess since we are going back to last century ...

1901 11-0
1902 11-0
1903 11-0-1
1904 10-0
1905 12-1

It must be the best 5 year run. Who is it? MICHIGAN WOLVERINES!!!

I guess since we are going back to last century ...

1901 11-0
1902 11-0
1903 11-0-1
1904 10-0
1905 12-1

It must be the best 5 year run. Who is it? MICHIGAN WOLVERINES!!!
That's more than a century ago. Epic fail just like Michigan has been for over 50 years

That's more than a century ago. Epic fail just like Michigan has been for over 50 years
You guys keep harping about a game that was never schedule or never played last century, and now you're telling me last century doesn't count unless it benefits you? That's kinda rude.

You guys keep harping about a game that was never schedule or never played last century, and now you're telling me last century doesn't count unless it benefits you? That's kinda rude.
A) not a husker created thread.
B) nobody recognizes 1900 as anything meaningful.
C) 25 years ago isn't 115 years ago, you're talking about something more than a century ago and attempting boomer word play
D)par for the course for scum fans to just not get it

Someone please start a blog and become the next Stevie