OOTP XX Chicago Cubs 1906-

No.

I was only on SeeBS before becoming a hoopster.
There was a poster there where all he ever did was maintain a blog rewriting the entirety of baseball history. Thousands of posts with maxed out characters(10k characters was the max per post). Nobody had time to read all of it because like I said, there thousands of them and the site shut down before he finished, and for his sake I hope those weren’t the only places he had those. Some truly bizarre shit, like giant gerbils invading a game in the 1890’s. I think the dude was just unhinged and apparently FN was the only message board that would let him post his MLB history fan fiction.

Maybe @DJ remembers the dude’s name

It can be crazy addicting!

Some people play with 100% realism, using real life lineups and transactions.

I already know how that turned out. So, I let the CPU do what the fuck ever and see what happens.
I'd give anything for an NFL GM draft simulator that is real-time as the draft is happening.

I've said this before and I mean it, if I had been GM of the Titans during the Ruston Webster reign of terror, they'd have won 2x more games.

There was a poster there where all he ever did was maintain a blog rewriting the entirety of baseball history. Thousands of posts with maxed out characters(10k characters was the max per post). Nobody had time to read all of it because like I said, there thousands of them and the site shut down before he finished, and for his sake I hope those weren’t the only places he had those. Some truly bizarre shit, like giant gerbils invading a game in the 1890’s. I think the dude was just unhinged and apparently FN was the only message board that would let him post his MLB history fan fiction.

I totally remember him. He came to tHoop! Strange guy; never posted anything but his articles.

Yeah, giant gerbils are probably not something you will find in OOTP, but a wayward cat running out on the field does tend to happen.

Had a 1998 game play where Roger Clemens put his son in a private school in Toronto. I thought that one was pretty funny.

Don't remember his name but that guy was cuckoo for cocoa puffs batshit crazy.

I remember trying to read one of his blogs one late night when I was bored and 2 minutes in I quit.....LOL.

I think he came along the last 7 months of FN or so, towards the end.

My posts on this thread will look like this:

APRIL 12, 1906
Today is Opening Day.

The Cubs begin their season with a four-game series in Cincinnati against the Reds.

The Cubs signed free agent CF Emmet Heidrick to a minor league contract.

OTHER GAMES SCHEDULED
There are no American League games scheduled today.

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Boston Beaneaters at Brooklyn Superbas
New York Giants at Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates at St Louis Cardinals

CHICAGO CUBS AT CINCINNATI REDS
MATCHUPS
SP Jack Pfiester vs Bob Ewing Advantage Chicago
C Johnny Kling vs Admiral Schlei Advantage Push
1B Frank Chance vs Shad Barry Advantage Chicago
2B Johnny Evers vs Miller Huggins Advantage Push
3B Harry Steinfeldt vs Jim Delahanty Advantage Chicago
SS Joe Tinker vs Tommy Corcoran Advantage Push
LF Jimmy Sheckard vs Joe Kelley Advantage Chicago
CF Jimmy Slagle vs Cy Seymour Advantage Cincinnati
RF Frank Schulte vs Fred Odwell Advantage Push
Overall Advantage Chicago

In the top of the first, Steinfeldt brought home a run with a two-out single.

In the top of the third, Chance knocked in a run with a single. The Cubs scored another run on a Steinfeldt single.

After three: Chicago 3 Cincinnati 0.

In the bottom of the fourth, the Reds scored a run on a Seymour single. A Kelley two-out triple scored another run to make it a one-run game.

After six: Chicago 3 Cincinnati 2.

In the bottom of the seventh, the Reds loaded the bases with one out. A two-RBI single by Delahanty put the Reds in the lead. Barry added a two-out two-RBI triple.

In the bottom of the eighth, Ed Reulbach took the mound for the Cubs.

In the top of the ninth, Kling scored from third when Evers grounded to first to close out the scoring.

The Reds overcame three errors to get the win.

Final score: Cincinnati 6 Chicago 4.

PLAYER OF THE GAME
Bob Ewing 9.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K

OTHER SCORES
NATIONAL LEAGUE
Brooklyn Superbas 2 Boston Beaneaters 1
New York Giants 3 Philadelphia Phillies 2
Pittsburgh Pirates 9 St Louis Cardinals 1

TOP PERFORMERS
1. Ed Karger Pittsburgh Pirates 9.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, W
2. Christy Mathewson New York Giants 9.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, W
3. Jim Pastorius Brooklyn Superbas 9.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, W

Fuckin A man, I played OOTP and EHM(hockey version) for like 16 hour shifts a decade ago. The game was like crack.
Fuckin A indeed. I had this on my laptop a few years ago, and boy was it consuming for a while.

I have the new phone app for it. To be fair it’s very comprehensive for a phone app, but I’ve not done much with it. Maybe I’m trying to be smart with what little free time I have.

It is a geek fest!!

I just tried to make Giants fans less violent and the simulator melted. ☹️ @calsnowskier @moxie
tenor.gif

APRIL 13, 1906
Today is the second game in the season-opening series in Cincinnati between the Cubs and the Reds. The Cubs blew a three-run lead in losing on Opening Day.

OTHER GAMES SCHEDULED

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Boston Beaneaters 0-1 at Brooklyn Superbas 1-0
New York Giants 1-0 at Philadelphia Phillies 0-1
Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 at St Louis Cardinals 0-1

CHICAGO CUBS (0-1) AT CINCINNATI REDS (1-0)
MATCHUPS
SP Bob Wicker vs Jake Weimer Advantage Chicago
C Johnny Kling vs Admiral Schlei Advantage Chicago
2B Johnny Evers vs Miller Huggins Advantage Cincinnati
3B Harry Steinfeldt vs Hans Lobert Advantage Chicago
LF Jimmy Sheckard vs Jim Delahanty Advantage Push

In the bottom of the first, Delahanty knocked in a run with a two-out triple. A Barry single knocked in another run. Schlei made it 3-0 with an RBI single. All three runs were unearned.

In the top of the second, Kling delivered a 2-RBI single to make it a one-run game.

In the top of the third, Steinfeldt brought home the tying run with a sacrifice fly.

After three: Chicago 3 Cincinnati 3.

In the bottom of the fourth, the Reds regained the lead on a Corcoran sacrifice fly.

In the top of the fifth, the game was tied again, thanks to a run-scoring double by Steinfeldt.

In the bottom of the fifth, Delahanty delivered a run-scoring double to once again put the Reds in the lead. Delahanty went on to score from third when Chance dropped a two-out Barry grounder. It was his second error of the game.

After six: Cincinnati 6 Chicago 4.

In the top of the seventh, Steinfeldt got a run-scoring single to make it a one-run game once again. The next batter, Schulte, tied the game with a run-scoring double. One batter later, Tinker brought home two with a two-out single to give the Cubs the lead for the first time in the game. With a runner on first and two out, Chick Fraser took the mound for the Reds and finally got them out of the inning.

In the bottom of the eighth, Carl Lundgren took the mound for the Cubs.

In the top of the ninth, Charlie Chech took the mound for the Reds. The Cubs loaded the bases with one out. A 3-RBI triple by Tinker broke the game wide open. Kling added an RBI with a sacrifice fly.

In the bottom of the ninth, Delahanty delivered a run-scoring double. Seymour then scored from third when Chance dropped a throw from Tinker on an Odwell grounder. It was Chance's third error of the game.

The Cubs used a 15-hit attack to overcome Chance's three errors to get the win.

Final score: Chicago 12 Cincinnati 8.

PLAYER OF THE GAME
Jim Delahanty 4 for 5, 2 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, 2 R

OTHER SCORES
NATIONAL LEAGUE
Brooklyn Superbas 3 Boston Beaneaters 2
New York Giants 4 Philadelphia Phillies 1
Pittsburgh Pirates 5 St Louis Cardinals 2 11 innings

TOP PERFORMERS
1. Red Ames New York Giants 9.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 5 BB, 6 K, W
2. Jim Delahanty Cincinnati Reds 4 for 5, 2 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, 2 R
3. Deacon Phillippe Pittsburgh Pirates 11.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, W

APRIL 13, 1906
Today is the second game in the season-opening series in Cincinnati between the Cubs and the Reds. The Cubs blew a three-run lead in losing on Opening Day.

OTHER GAMES SCHEDULED

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Boston Beaneaters 0-1 at Brooklyn Superbas 1-0
New York Giants 1-0 at Philadelphia Phillies 0-1
Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 at St Louis Cardinals 0-1

CHICAGO CUBS (0-1) AT CINCINNATI REDS (1-0)
MATCHUPS
SP Bob Wicker vs Jake Weimer Advantage Chicago
C Johnny Kling vs Admiral Schlei Advantage Chicago
2B Johnny Evers vs Miller Huggins Advantage Cincinnati
3B Harry Steinfeldt vs Hans Lobert Advantage Chicago
LF Jimmy Sheckard vs Jim Delahanty Advantage Push

In the bottom of the first, Delahanty knocked in a run with a two-out triple. A Barry single knocked in another run. Schlei made it 3-0 with an RBI single. All three runs were unearned.

In the top of the second, Kling delivered a 2-RBI single to make it a one-run game.

In the top of the third, Steinfeldt brought home the tying run with a sacrifice fly.

After three: Chicago 3 Cincinnati 3.

In the bottom of the fourth, the Reds regained the lead on a Corcoran sacrifice fly.

In the top of the fifth, the game was tied again, thanks to a run-scoring double by Steinfeldt.

In the bottom of the fifth, Delahanty delivered a run-scoring double to once again put the Reds in the lead. Delahanty went on to score from third when Chance dropped a two-out Barry grounder. It was his second error of the game.

After six: Cincinnati 6 Chicago 4.

In the top of the seventh, Steinfeldt got a run-scoring single to make it a one-run game once again. The next batter, Schulte, tied the game with a run-scoring double. One batter later, Tinker brought home two with a two-out single to give the Cubs the lead for the first time in the game. With a runner on first and two out, Chick Fraser took the mound for the Reds and finally got them out of the inning.

In the bottom of the eighth, Carl Lundgren took the mound for the Cubs.

In the top of the ninth, Charlie Chech took the mound for the Reds. The Cubs loaded the bases with one out. A 3-RBI triple by Tinker broke the game wide open. Kling added an RBI with a sacrifice fly.

In the bottom of the ninth, Delahanty delivered a run-scoring double. Seymour then scored from third when Chance dropped a throw from Tinker on an Odwell grounder. It was Chance's third error of the game.

The Cubs used a 15-hit attack to overcome Chance's three errors to get the win.

Final score: Chicago 12 Cincinnati 8.

PLAYER OF THE GAME
Jim Delahanty 4 for 5, 2 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, 2 R

OTHER SCORES
NATIONAL LEAGUE
Brooklyn Superbas 3 Boston Beaneaters 2
New York Giants 4 Philadelphia Phillies 1
Pittsburgh Pirates 5 St Louis Cardinals 2 11 innings

TOP PERFORMERS
1. Red Ames New York Giants 9.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 5 BB, 6 K, W
2. Jim Delahanty Cincinnati Reds 4 for 5, 2 2B, 3B, 3 RBI, 2 R
3. Deacon Phillippe Pittsburgh Pirates 11.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, W
11.0 IP…..1 K.
Wow

Yeah, giant gerbils are probably not something you will find in OOTP, but a wayward cat running out on the field does tend to happen.

Had a 1998 game play where Roger Clemens put his son in a private school in Toronto. I thought that one was pretty funny.
In 2022 AJ Hinch puts him in games.