Oregon Tampering

Tampering? In cfb? No fucking way

shocked philip j fry GIF

So Dan Lanning to the Commanders?

Cheaters!!!!!!!

why didn’t they get him?? He went to Miami. Dude has wheels

There isn’t any real way to stop this. With NIL these kids have agents and schools will always try to back channel conversations with them.

Also you reap what sew when you lie to players about how much $$ they’re gonna get.

honestly think its kind of ridiculous that this is considered tampering when the player reaches out first.

i also think its ridiculous if people think the smart kids arent getting a feel for what they can make or if other teams might have a spot for them before even entering the portal.

honestly think its kind of ridiculous that this is considered tampering when the player reaches out first.

i also think its ridiculous if people think the smart kids arent getting a feel for what they can make or if other teams might have a spot for them before even entering the portal.
Disagree, enter the portal if you want to consider options. There has to be some structure/framework for these new ways.

There's no way to get people to follow it and we'll hear about this kind of thing all the time. But it's a reasonable rule.

Oklahoma is currently raising another $2 Million to pay athletes. Two Million Dollars.....and it never stops. They will release it in $250,000 installments as the money is raised and they want 2,000 people to pony up $1,000 each. They are sending out mass mailings and it is all over their newsletter. "Won't you give to directly impact the OU student-athlete experience!" Nope. I got through OU with scholarships, summer jobs, some student loans and carrying around shrapnel so I got to use the GI Bill. BA, MA PhD. I love Oklahoma to win but I'm finished with this NIL bullshit. I'll give enough to keep our ticket priority but most of my money will go to the academic side of OU from here on out. If that means we don't win as many games because they couldn't buy the best mercenaries players I'll just have to live with it.

Oklahoma is currently raising another $2 Million to pay athletes. Two Million Dollars.....and it never stops. They will release it in $250,000 installments as the money is raised and they want 2,000 people to pony up $1,000 each. They are sending out mass mailings and it is all over their newsletter. "Won't you give to directly impact the OU student-athlete experience!" Nope. I got through OU with scholarships, summer jobs, some student loans and carrying around shrapnel so I got to use the GI Bill. BA, MA PhD. I love Oklahoma to win but I'm finished with this NIL bullshit. I'll give enough to keep our ticket priority but most of my money will go to the academic side of OU from here on out. If that means we don't win as many games because they couldn't buy the best mercenaries players I'll just have to live with it.
like no i dont want to give money for a kid to come here with the knowledge that they can leave for somewhere else or for them to never pan out.

Be happy you aren't Ohio A&M. They are at $13 million in NIL spending just this off season. They figure since Ryan Day can't develop a winner, they'd try to buy him one. :pound: