• Chip Kelly

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Brian Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grace Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kelly Clarkson

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Potato Salad, which Chip Kelly absolutely loves!

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
If it ain't Chip, Lanning is a great hire for Oregon. How can you not get excited about the #1 defense and one of the countries best recruiters?
Rivals has Lanning listed at the #132 recruiter in the country.

Rivals has Lanning listed at the #132 recruiter in the country.

I realize you’re just trolling OD but he’s ranked #5 for the 2022 class was his first full cycle at UGA

If it's true, Oregon may have dodged a bullet
:fify:

It means at least one of the names on the list said no more than this other guy was just their top choice among all options they had.

Really doesn't matter. This is your guy and we will all see how it plays out. If he grabs a couple of those high recruits he had at georgia it's at least a short term win. If not let's see what he salvages from the existing class and gets from the portal.

I realize you’re just trolling OD but he’s ranked #5 for the 2022 class was his first full cycle at UGA
cf1c4531e2af09ea7965b21c3ce585c6.gif

If Oregon Law says they have to post the job for 7 days, doesn't that put the announcement today ???

Sure, I'll admit it, I would have love to have seen Chip back at Oregon. I got really excited at the thought. But Oregon did their homework on this one and I think with all the resources Oregon had with this search and investment in the search, I think Oregon AD Rob Mullens found and made a great hire! I think Lanning is going to be an incredible coach that will elevate this program even more!

I am really excited to start the Lanning era, I can't wait to see the recruits he brings in, how he develops our current defense, which is loaded with talent, the more and more I look at this hire the more and more excited I get with the endless amount of potential this could be. This may very well be the hire we look back on in 3-5 years and simply go, "Wow."

You never know how a coordinator will do as HC, but I will say I loved Lanning as DC at UGA.

When Kirby had to replace both the OC and DC in the same year, he filled both positions from within. Coley was a one year turd at OC, but Lanning turned out to be a home run at DC.

He’s been a great recruiter, even when he was just a position coach.

Knew it was coming, but still hate to see him go. Wish him well. Hopefully he doesn’t take too many current UGA assistants with him

You never know how a coordinator will do as HC, but I will say I loved Lanning as DC at UGA.

When Kirby had to replace both the OC and DC in the same year, he filled both positions from within. Coley was a one year turd at OC, but Lanning turned out to be a home run at DC.

He’s been a great recruiter, even when he was just a position coach.

Knew it was coming, but still hate to see him go. Wish him well. Hopefully he doesn’t take too many current UGA assistants with him
As you can imagine I am a Georgia fan for the next few weeks. Can't wait to see that defense!

Sure, I'll admit it, I would have love to have seen Chip back at Oregon. I got really excited at the thought. But Oregon did their homework on this one and I think with all the resources Oregon had with this search and investment in the search, I think Oregon AD Rob Mullens found and made a great hire! I think Lanning is going to be an incredible coach that will elevate this program even more!

I am really excited to start the Lanning era, I can't wait to see the recruits he brings in, how he develops our current defense, which is loaded with talent, the more and more I look at this hire the more and more excited I get with the endless amount of potential this could be. This may very well be the hire we look back on in 3-5 years and simply go, "Wow."
:laugh:

unlikely he would leave for his school he played for. D2 school. possible at some point he wants to be back down in the area or NFL if he does well.
1 year at Pitt
2 at AZ st
1 at Sam Houston
1 at Alabama
4 at UGA
so not sure how deep his ties and loyalties run based on all that if one of those were to come calling.

Lanning would be the first HC I would really consider to be a part of Kirby’s coaching tree

Tucker and Pittman were around for decades and older than Kirby, and Shane Beamer goes on Lincoln Riley’s tree IMO.

Huh?

The guy's a perfect example of a great coordinator, yet was in over his head as a HC. The pile of carcasses is deep.

Who's defenses has he fucked up and set ablaze as a coordinator?
I did not like Muschamp as a DC. He coaches the players in the secondary to play the player instead of the ball and you end of getting a lot of opposing team catches that could have been defended better.