PAC12 Basketball

The league is a mess.

They're going to make the one bid thing a possible reality.

It's still a long shot because even if WSU falters, Arizona still has to win PAC12 tourney and that's not a slam dunk.

But it's on the table.

Yeah I think WSU will get in. Colorado and Utah are doing themselves no favors.

I just hope UCLA keeps winning and gets to top 100(need a Zona W). Would love to snag that Q2

The league is a mess.

They're going to make the one bid thing a possible reality.

It's still a long shot because even if WSU falters, Arizona still has to win PAC12 tourney and that's not a slam dunk.

But it's on the table.

WSU is pretty safely in the field as of now. Have a nice win OOC against Boise and have done enough in the P12. Given their schedule I can't see them missing it. If I had to guess, I'd say Colorado and Utah won't make it. Unless they win the auto. Wouldn't surprise me if UCLA took the P12T.

Wash State is gonna dance

Hell of a job by Smith

They are honestly pretty close. Would be a #3 or #4 seed IMO as of today.

Really??

I feel I haven’t seen them close(prior to Zona win)

I know lunardi especially and Palm are far from gospel. But they have WSU as a 7 and 6 respectively with last night reflected

Really??

I know lunardi especially and Palm are far from gospel. But they have WSU as a 7 and 6 respectively with last night reflected
How are they still a 7 seed if they put last night into the equation. They’ve been around a 7 seed since last week

Really??

IMO, those guys have been undervaluing them for a while now. They have 9 Q1/Q2 wins. I don't understand how Lunardi does his bracket projections with his "bracket math". 20240223_130903.png

Here he's got them as a 5 seed, which I'd be okay with, but when he does his whole bracket he does have them on the 7 line.

I had them as a 6 seed in my updated bracket last Friday and since then they've won against Stanford(not a big deal) and @ AZ. They are much closer to a 3 than a 7 seed IMO.

PAC-12 tournament starts tomorrow, could be interesting.

Don't sleep on USC making a run. They've won 5 of their last 7 including 3 in arow and just beat Arizona.

I don't see them winning the tournament, but I could see them having a say in who does.

On the other hand, I could see them being out of the tournament by about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. lol

Don't sleep on USC making a run. They've won 5 of their last 7 including 3 in arow and just beat Arizona.

I don't see them winning the tournament, but I could see them having a say in who does.

On the other hand, I could see them being out of the tournament by about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. lol
Well, you guys have the first round bye so that'll help. Why in the fuck we fired our coach before the PAC tourney blows my mind.

Well, you guys have the first round bye so that'll help. Why in the fuck we fired our coach before the PAC tourney blows my mind.

Based on what I read, he's going to continue coaching them through the end of the season. Maybe they look to send him out with a PAC-12 tourney run?

Based on what I read, he's going to continue coaching them through the end of the season. Maybe they look to send him out with a PAC-12 tourney run?
We can’t play two solid games in a row, let alone 4

Quarterfinals:

(9) USC vs. (1) Arizona (-8.5) - Arizona and USC split the season series.

(5) UCLA vs. (4) Oregon (-3) - Oregon and UCLA split the season series

(10) Stanford vs. (2) Washington State (-8.5) - Washington State swept the season series vs. Stanford

(6) Utah vs. (3) Colorado (-3.5) - Utah and Colorado split the season series

USC/UW was a dangerous 8/9 game. USC is starting to play the ball they should have been able to play all season. UW underachieved this year but they were also better than their record would suggest. That said, Arizona is going to be tough to take down. They are so efficient offensively for how they fast they play.

Oregon/UCLA should be close. The pace will be slow but I'm leaning towards picking UCLA. Too many injuries for the Ducks and they aren't playing their best ball right now. The key for the Ducks will be to get Shetsland going early. They can't become too reliant on Dante.

It feels like WSU peaked a couple of weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the tournament setting. I wouldn't be shocked if Stanford made this a game late.

I'm expecting Colorado to beat Utah and cover.

Last edited:

So much for not sleeping on USC. lol

the usual suspects GIF

Quarterfinals:

(9) USC vs. (1) Arizona (-8.5) - Arizona and USC split the season series.

(5) UCLA vs. (4) Oregon (-3) - Oregon and UCLA split the season series

(10) Stanford vs. (2) Washington State (-8.5) - Washington State swept the season series vs. Stanford

(6) Utah vs. (3) Colorado (-3.5) - Utah and Colorado split the season series

USC/UW was a dangerous 8/9 game. USC is starting to play the ball they should have been able to play all season. UW underachieved this year but they were also better than their record would suggest. That said, Arizona is going to be tough to take down. They are so efficient offensively for how they fast they play.

Oregon/UCLA should be close. The pace will be slow but I'm leaning towards picking UCLA. Too many injuries for the Ducks and they aren't playing their best ball right now. The key for the Ducks will be to get Shetsland going early. They can't become too reliant on Dante.

It feels like WSU peaked a couple of weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how they perform in the tournament setting. I wouldn't be shocked if Stanford made this a game late.

I'm expecting Colorado to beat Utah and cover.

Arizona and Oregon advance from the early session

I'll bet $10,000 vbucks that the PAC 12 isn't a 1 bid league. If I win, you only need to give me $1,000

Unfortunately nobody took me up on this bet. PAC looks to be a 3 or 4 bid league, as I told people it would be in mid January

Unfortunately nobody took me up on this bet. PAC looks to be a 3 or 4 bid league, as I told people it would be in mid January

Yeah, I thought 2 at most. Best case scenario has played out with Oregon and Colorado making the final. Although Oregon needs to win to get in. They don't have much of a case for an at-large.

Yeah, I thought 2 at most. Best case scenario has played out with Oregon and Colorado making the final. Although Oregon needs to win to get in. They don't have much of a case for an at-large.

Oregon doesn't have that Big Ten logo on their jerseys until next year so that's probably the case. I'm just enjoying the ride. Oregon has had to deal with more injuries than anyone else in college basketball. They're down to 8 scholarship players and their best 2 players are playing hurt. I think they're going to run out of gas but I'm impressed with how this team has handled the adversity this year. 22 wins, top 4 finish in the PAC and will play for a PAC 12 championship tonight. Remarkable all considering.

Oregon doesn't have that Big Ten logo on their jerseys until next year so that's probably the case. I'm just enjoying the ride. Oregon has had to deal with more injuries than anyone else in college basketball. They're down to 8 scholarship players and their best 2 players are playing hurt. I think they're going to run out of gas but I'm impressed with how this team has handled the adversity this year. 22 wins, top 4 finish in the PAC and will play for a PAC 12 championship tonight. Remarkable all considering.

Big Ten isn't that great this year. I'd love for MSU to get left out because their so meh, but they'll get in. If Oregon gets in they'll be dangerous IMO. Reminds me of the team, I think 2019, that killed Wisconsin in the first round. Altman usually has them playing good at the end of the year, this year no different.