Paying Players Superthread

I'd be willing to say 80%+ of these players have zero concept on how to manage money. Let's throw in family, friends, social appearance and watch these kids likely get into more bad situations. If they ever get the chance to make money of their likeness or any other means, that money needs to be held until the contract with them and the university is ended; graduation/draft/agreeable. Should also throw in some concept of financial management classes they are required to take too.

Name an internship where the ‘interns’ are doing the actual principal work. It’s literally the opposite of meaning of internship.
Hmm, we got law students, we got broadcasting students, we got journalism students just off of the top of my head. The head professor is essentially the coach. College athletics actually is the perfect definition of what an intern does. Helps out in any way possible to up their resume and hopefully have the big wigs give them job once it’s over. The only issue has been them being able to make little money at the local dealership or signing autographs. NIL on paper sounds swell but just like all sports where money is involved it gets corrupted. The NCAA was already corrupt and now have opened up flood the gates for boxing like corruption.

Would you accept this sophistry in any other multi billion profit industry? Lmao. Status quo warrior.

“You didn’t build that COMPANY or it’s ENGINEERING DEPT, you’re the beneficiary of thousands of SCIENTISTS before you who allow you to work in the FIELD you love...”
Dunce.

Every civil engineer in the country works under a similar model, apprenticeship, shit pay, write the PE exam, get certified, make bank. I don't know why this is such a foreign concept to you, dunce.

lol Saban talking out of his ASS
Why? You think the amount is too high? Hercy Miller just signed a $2 Million contract ahead of his enrollment at Tennessee State. We haven't seen anything yet. Wait until 5* top ranked recruits start getting "opportunities" thrown at them that are nothing but payola in a different form. The Texas fans may want to play that game but I'm hoping Oklahoma is very, very careful about this. We don't know where all the land mines are with this NIL thing yet. Let somebody else find them.

Why? You think the amount is too high? Hercy Miller just signed a $2 Million contract ahead of his enrollment at Tennessee State. We haven't seen anything yet. Wait until 5* top ranked recruits start getting "opportunities" thrown at them that are nothing but payola in a different form. The Texas fans may want to play that game but I'm hoping Oklahoma is very, very careful about this. We don't know where all the land mines are with this NIL thing yet. Let somebody else find them.
Reminds me of what a lady said in a meeting we had with the commissioner of education when there were changes coming down the pike. He was selling the embrace/love change. She said. "Commissioner, I agree with you. Change is good...but you go first."

That miller kid is Master Ps son.. who has been featured on multiple tv shows

Only players coming straight out of high school that will get 1M deals is someone with a legend name or a tic toc star. Now could Bryce get that next year? Sure if he turns out to be as advertised THIS season.

Hmm, we got law students, we got broadcasting students, we got journalism students just off of the top of my head. The head professor is essentially the coach. College athletics actually is the perfect definition of what an intern does. Helps out in any way possible to up their resume and hopefully have the big wigs give them job once it’s over. The only issue has been them being able to make little money at the local dealership or signing autographs. NIL on paper sounds swell but just like all sports where money is involved it gets corrupted. The NCAA was already corrupt and now have opened up flood the gates for boxing like corruption.
College athletes, the principals in the industry (the guys they compete to draft, that they put on tv, that make ALL the plays), are interns? And the perfect example of interns?. Lol.

Every civil engineer in the country works under a similar model, apprenticeship, shit pay, write the PE exam, get certified, make bank. I don't know why this is such a foreign concept to you, dunce.
You mean they don’t get paid until they can do the principal work….???
College athletes do the principal work of the industry. They are not carrying clipboards and learning to do their job. They are performing every single principal assignment in the industry. They run every single play… the things everyone is paying into the industry to see performed.

@ELTEXAN sees absolutely no reason why it is that forever college athletes haven't been paid and he also thinks that college athletics is just exactly like "any other billion dollar industry."

wow

@ELTEXAN sees absolutely no reason why it is that forever college athletes haven't been paid and he also thinks that college athletics is just exactly like "any other billion dollar industry."

wow
Yeah. Monopolies and collusion and wage fixing have been around forever. And always immoral and unAmerican. And still around because dunces like you abet it.

You mean they don’t get paid until they can do the principal work….???
College athletes do the principal work of the industry. They are not carrying clipboards and learning to do their job. They are performing every single principal assignment in the industry. They run every single play… the things everyone is paying into the industry to see performed.

LOL, have you seen the difference between college and professional athletes. There is a reason that most of these shlubs don't make it to the league.

Civil Engineers do 4 years of college and then 4 years of apprenticeship...much of which is done doing the principal work...often with just passing supervision. They don't just magically become competent by passing a test and having some bureaucrat go 'poof' you're a professional engineer. They become competent by doing. Much like a college football player, they have been honing their craft in college and on the job for 4 years and the PE exam, much like the NFL draft is just a signal that they have moved on and are now good enough to ply their craft professionally.

I also would not pay any more to see Bryce Young be the QB at Alabama than any other player. Bryce Young is important to me because he is the Alabama Quarterback. If every D1 player in the country went to some 130 team NFL minor league, I would still root for Alabama and whoever their two-star quarterback was...not for Bryce Young and the Tuscaloosa Terrors. Bryce Young isn't why I am giving Alabama money for football, Alabama is.

Yeah. Monopolies and collusion and wage fixing have been around forever. And always immoral and unAmerican. And still around because dunces like you abet it.
How long has Texas been guilty of monopoly, collusion, wage fixing, immoral "unAmerican" misconduct and what would you suggest be the penalty?

Any chance a Nebraska fan can pick the penalty?
Animated GIF