Pick My Next Lawn Mower

• Honda

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Toro

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
I think that's the exact Honda mower I bought about a year ago. Works great, and the wife loves the results. There's a non-self propelled version that probably would've worked just as well that's a little smaller and more fuel efficient- I think it's about $80 cheaper too.
How does it do in high and thick grass. Trying to decide if @outofyourmind is a wimp or not.

I have the toro and have had Honda in the past. Both are solid choices. I personally like the Toro a bit more. The smart stow makes it take up less room and makes it much easier to clean/maint because it's nearly impossible to flood the air filter when tilting. It's designed to stand up vertically. So damned easy to work on. Also mulches very well and in this damp/rainy climate it's not always easy to get non clumping mulches but this is a beast. And no oil changes. I have the electric start because I'm old so why not. Works really well.

Not always been a fan of briggs. Tends to sputter a bit on hills just like other devices with briggs engines I've had, but it still works fine.
Not going to lie the stow away feature has me intrigued but the reviews are concerning me a little and the no oil change claim I think is complete BS. I don’t see how that can not screw up the machine.

You don't want either one.

The Toro only has a 150cc engine.
The Honda has a 160cc engine.

Neither is powerful enough to mow thick green grass very well.

I have had Hondas.
Bought the 160cc engine after having the 190cc engine, and it's night and day. I hated it the first time I used it.
Then I went back to the 190cc engine on my last purchase, and goddam, it's great.

Forget torque ratings or horsepower ratings, they are all bullshit.
Pure size of the engine. Look for it.

If they make a 200+cc engine, I'll get that next time.
Bruh, he's mowing a little yard, not drag racing.

If you let your grass get to a point where you need a tractor to cut it, you're doing it wrong.

If you let your grass get to a point where you need a tractor to cut it, you're doing it wrong.
I don't think you understand how mowers work...

bigger engines means blades spin faster with more power and less clogging.

but since you have me on iggy you won't get it

Everything is fine until you can't mow for another week because of rain and it's up to your knees.

You can always tell when the amateurs show up.

Everything is fine until you can't mow for another week because of rain and it's up to your knees.

You can always tell when the amateurs show up.
My little Fisher Price Ryobi can champion it's way through the thick stuff. He may struggle a bit, but in the end he wins.

Sneak peek at this years new lawn mower models....

_104489991_19ace85a-08dd-447d-bef8-8f3a332869fd.jpg

I have a $50 Briggs and Straton that I bought off Craigslist a while back and it is getting to the end of its life...the muffler keeps falling out and the bolt holes are stripped out...

anyways, it used to clog when my yard was all crab grass. Much better now that I have that issue fixed...but that used to piss me off.

def get a little bigger than you think you need

Whatever you buy just make sure it doesn't have some stupid little "prime ball" to press before starting. Ryobi is famous for these fucking things. They dry out after sitting all winter and then break. Good luck finding a repair part....

yB56Kxr.jpg

it used to clog when my yard was all crab grass

I've run into that.
It's because crab grass holds a shit ton more water than bermuda does, and it clogs up all the time.

Reactions: ill
I have to buy one and yard isn‘t big.

Honda, always. Even if it costs $100 more.

Whatever you buy just make sure it doesn't have some stupid little "prime ball" to press before starting. Ryobi is famous for these fucking things. They dry out after sitting all winter and then break. Good luck finding a repair part....

yB56Kxr.jpg
every mower I have owned has one. It is not a big deal to replace them.

shit, every gas powered tool I own has one

yB56Kxr.jpg

Honda has the 'one pull' start feature.
No priming needed.

every mower I have owned has one. It is not a big deal to replace them.

shit, every gas powered tool I own has one
I hate them things. What is wrong with simply putting a choke on them? Why do you need to prime the thing when the tank is mere inches away?!?!?

They could design this better. See that clear bulb....they make others that are not clear and last longer but the clear ones don't.

I hate them things. What is wrong with simply putting a choke on them? Why do you need to prime the thing when the tank is mere inches away?!?!?

They could design this better. See that clear bulb....they make others that are not clear and last longer but the clear ones don't.
because I don't think you want gasoline sitting in those lines like that.

not that big a deal for me.