Pick My Next Lawn Mower

• Honda

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Toro

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
because I don't think you want gasoline sitting in those lines like that.

not that big a deal for me.
Why would they not want fuel sitting in fuel lines? Do you ever think before you share your "wisdom" with us?

Why would they not want fuel sitting in fuel lines? Do you ever think before you share your "wisdom" with us?
because fuel and plastic is a bad combo. You don't want fuel sitting in the lines degrading them.

the little bulb is easier to replace than those lines

I have to buy one and yard isn‘t big.

toro personal pace and probably the last one you ever have to buy. I just replaced mine this spring after 18 years. I could have kept it going, but needed something easier to start after all this time since my son is about to take over for me. I got another personal pace, this time with whatever their new "super mulched" tech is. It really does work, no need to bag anymore even when I skip a weekend.

Plus it fold up and stores upright so takes up no space. Guaranteed start on first pull for like 3 years, no priming or choke needed.

toro personal pace and probably the last one you ever have to buy. I just replaced mine this spring after 18 years. I could have kept it going, but needed something easier to start after all this time since my son is about to take over for me. I got another personal pace, this time with whatever their new "super mulched" tech is. It really does work, no need to bag anymore even when I skip a weekend.

Plus it fold up and stores upright so takes up no space. Guaranteed start on first pull for like 3 years, no priming or choke needed.
Do you change the oil? They are claiming you don't have to now and that just feels unnatural.

because fuel and plastic is a bad combo. You don't want fuel sitting in the lines degrading them.

the little bulb is easier to replace than those lines
If we are talking about the two in the OP, neither need lines to prime. Both have only a line from tank to carb. The primer only shoots a jet of fuel up through the throat. Choke just restricts air to make it do the same thing.

Me personally, I'd take the primer bulb any day. They are a lot harder to clog up. With a choke, as you start to get residue build up or any dirt in the bowl then you have to resort to cleaning the carb or get out the starting fluid. A primer you can pump specs of dirt through without much issue. But it's a personal preference thing, not a huge difference.

Reactions: ill
Do you change the oil? They are claiming you don't have to now and that just feels unnatural.
I haven't yet because it is new, but yeah I am not going to buy into their gimmick on that one. "just top it off" is not a good idea IMO. I'll be changing it every year like I always did.

If we are talking about the two in the OP, neither need lines to prime. Both have only a line from tank to carb. The primer only shoots a jet of fuel up through the throat. Choke just restricts air to make it do the same thing.

Me personally, I'd take the primer bulb any day. They are a lot harder to clog up. With a choke, as you start to get residue build up or any dirt in the bowl then you have to resort to cleaning the carb or get out the starting fluid. A primer you can pump specs of dirt through without much issue. But it's a personal preference thing, not a huge difference.
you know better than to agree with me on something, ford.

Tigger is very anti-bulb, apparently

Not everyone is voting we have some asshats that just want to chat.

DO YOUR JOB PEOPLE!
Those Honda small engines are very good engines, much better than those old school Briggs & Stratton.

If you don't want to spring for the Honda brand mower, at least pick a brand of mower that uses the Honda engine.

Houston we have a problem:

Toro mower with a Honda engine.
Said it before and I'll warn everyone again...avoid Honda engines at all cost. They run great, right up until they don't and there is no cleaning a Honda carb. replace only.

Those Honda small engines are very good engines, much better than those old school Briggs & Stratton.

If you don't want to spring for the Honda brand mower, at least pick a brand of mower that uses the Honda engine.
the office finger guns GIF

Said it before and I'll warn everyone again...avoid Honda engines at all cost. They run great, right up until they don't and there is no cleaning a Honda carb. replace only.

The engines have worked fine, no problems. I'm on my 3rd Honda. This one for 3 years so far.
The achilles heel for me were the transmissions.

You a Briggs and Straton guy?

I'm on the fence. The best mower I ever had was a cheap Troybuilt mower that didn't even have self propel it worked for 10 years with only oil changes. I didn't even change the blades although I should have.

Gave it to my brother-in-law when I moved because I wasn't going to need it and kind wish I hadn't.

How does it do in high and thick grass. Trying to decide if @outofyourmind is a wimp or not.
Well, it did stall out once when I was cutting high grass, maybe ~18 inches. I was bagging it, and it may've been related to my inexperience, but still annoying. It's been great since. You don't need to spend extra money on a plastic frame or harder wheels- unless you're mowing the side of a mountain.