Post the funniest CFB-related thing you've seen on the net today

SCar QB says that beating them was UT’s Super Bowl, SCar fan gets belligerent and thrown out of the stadium.

Then the internet does its thing :laugh3:

IMG_4129.jpeg

They are 5-0 and the best team they faced has been Nebraska?

:drool:

I love the special here at tHoop it’s great entertainment

Michigan is ranked where they are because of the amount of production they returned from last year's CFP team. They haven't played anybody this year worth while, but what they've done to every team on the schedule is dominate them. 165-13 in the 1st 3 quarters is impressive, no matter who you played.

As far as rankings this early, I don't really put too much thought into it. It is more for fans to discuss than having any actual meaning. Rankings don't really have any meaning until the end of the year.

Yeah but the difference is we're not going to have any clue about michigan until their 10th game.
Michigan returned almost everyone. But the few guys they lost, they replaced with either talent on their own roster or transfers.

We lost our kicker and punter. Picked up the #1 kicker in the portal.

We lost Mazi Smith, but replaced him with Mason Graham who was named to the freshman All-American team last year. We lost Mike Morris, but we picked up the #1 DE from portal Josiah Stewart, who was the B1G player of the week this past week after 2 sacks and 6 tackles against Nebraska and Derrick Moore, who was a blue chip top 100 recruit -- He graded out last game at 91.6 on PFF, which is almost unheard of -- he is going to be a stud.

We lost Ryan Hayes and Olesumi (sp) on the OL and picked up the #1 Center 3 year starter from Stanford and the #1 OL LaDarius Henderson who was a 3 year starter at ASU. How deep are we at the OL? Henderson didn't win the starting job at LT after being a 3 year starter at ASU.

We lost DJ Turner and we picked up Wallace from UMass who was a 4 year starter for them. He has been alternating the role at #2 CB.
That is all we lost. We returned 8 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense. The biggest loss Michigan had from last year was our kicking game, losing our kicker and punter.

That is why you know what you are going to get from Michigan, even they have played a soft schedule. They return the overwhelming majority of their best players.

Michigan returned almost everyone. But the few guys they lost, they replaced with either talent on their own roster or transfers.

We lost our kicker and punter. Picked up the #1 kicker in the portal.

We lost Mazi Smith, but replaced him with Mason Graham who was named to the freshman All-American team last year. We lost Mike Morris, but we picked up the #1 DE from portal Josiah Stewart, who was the B1G player of the week this past week after 2 sacks and 6 tackles against Nebraska and Derrick Moore, who was a blue chip top 100 recruit -- He graded out last game at 91.6 on PFF, which is almost unheard of -- he is going to be a stud.

We lost Ryan Hayes and Olesumi (sp) on the OL and picked up the #1 Center 3 year starter from Stanford and the #1 OL LaDarius Henderson who was a 3 year starter at ASU. How deep are we at the OL? Henderson didn't win the starting job at LT after being a 3 year starter at ASU.

We lost DJ Turner and we picked up Wallace from UMass who was a 4 year starter for them. He has been alternating the role at #2 CB.
That is all we lost. We returned 8 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense. The biggest loss Michigan had from last year was our kicking game, losing our kicker and punter.

That is why you know what you are going to get from Michigan, even they have played a soft schedule. They return the overwhelming majority of their best players.
michigan's transfer kicker was the #20 kicker in the transfer portal.
Josiah Stewart was the #4 DE and #11 DL overall in the transfer portal.
Drake Nugent was the 20th best OL in the transfer portal. Also being a 3 year starter at ASU isn't exactly a feather in the cap. They've had 3 OL drafted in the last 13 years, none before the 4th round.
If Wallace is a CB he wasn't even top 25 among CBs in the transfer portal.

These are all from the 247 transfer portal rankings, so I'm not sure what rankings you're using.

Going from one year to the next is never, ever a guarantee. There are plenty of examples of elite, sometimes even NC-winning teams, who returned a ton and fell relatively short the following year. Take it from an OSU fan who saw us win the NC and then not make the playoff the next year despite returning almost every single playmaker from the NC team.

michigan's transfer kicker was the #20 kicker in the transfer portal.
Josiah Stewart was the #4 DE and #11 DL overall in the transfer portal.
Drake Nugent was the 20th best OL in the transfer portal. Also being a 3 year starter at ASU isn't exactly a feather in the cap. They've had 3 OL drafted in the last 13 years, none before the 4th round.
If Wallace is a CB he wasn't even top 25 among CBs in the transfer portal.

These are all from the 247 transfer portal rankings, so I'm not sure what rankings you're using.

Going from one year to the next is never, ever a guarantee. There are plenty of examples of elite, sometimes even NC-winning teams, who returned a ton and fell relatively short the following year. Take it from an OSU fan who saw us win the NC and then not make the playoff the next year despite returning almost every single playmaker from the NC team.
Michigan's new kicker hit 20 of 22 FG's at Louisville last year. I'd love to see where he is ranked behind 19 other kickers. I'd love to see 19 kickers in all of CFB who attempted 20 FG's and only missed 2 last year. Want to know how ridiculous the 247 "rankings" are for the portal? The "#1 kicker" is Caden Davis. His college stats when he hit the portal were -- 1-4 in FG attempts. 247 is using their HS rankings to put their list together. It means very little.

LaDarius Henderson was the top LT in the portal. He was a 3 year starter at a P5 program. He was one of the most sought after transfers. Even though he chose UM -- he is used as a 6th OL thus far, as he was beat out by Karsan Barnhardt, who had the 6th OL role last year.

Drake Nugent is a center. Putting him as the 20th ranked OL, means very little, as Tackles and Guards are always going to be ranked higher. Hell -- we even signed Myles Hinton from Stanford, who was a 5 star recruit as well, who was probably ranked higher than Nugent, because he plays Tackle -- he isn't starting for Michigan either.

To show the depth across the board at Michigan right now. We signed the top LB from the Transfer portal, in Ernest Hausman from Nebraska. The guy had 11 tackles against Michigan last year. He is a backup LB at Michigan.

Show me a team who won the national championship, returned all their skill position talent, as well as 8 of their 11 players on defense and they fell flat the next year? As in, lost multiple games, struggled against teams, etc.? If you are talking about OSU losing a game in a rain storm against MSU as falling flat -- That is ridiculous.

I'm not guaranteeing anything for Michigan. Ohio State has and will always have more talent than UM, based on their recruiting. Under Day though -- I like Michigan's chance any time we play them, as Harbaugh out coaches him and the style of play he has instilled gives OSU and Day fits.

Michigan's new kicker hit 20 of 22 FG's at Louisville last year. I'd love to see where he is ranked behind 19 other kickers. I'd love to see 19 kickers in all of CFB who attempted 20 FG's and only missed 2 last year. Want to know how ridiculous the 247 "rankings" are for the portal? The "#1 kicker" is Caden Davis. His college stats when he hit the portal were -- 1-4 in FG attempts. 247 is using their HS rankings to put their list together. It means very little.

LaDarius Henderson was the top LT in the portal. He was a 3 year starter at a P5 program. He was one of the most sought after transfers. Even though he chose UM -- he is used as a 6th OL thus far, as he was beat out by Karsan Barnhardt, who had the 6th OL role last year.

Drake Nugent is a center. Putting him as the 20th ranked OL, means very little, as Tackles and Guards are always going to be ranked higher. Hell -- we even signed Myles Hinton from Stanford, who was a 5 star recruit as well, who was probably ranked higher than Nugent, because he plays Tackle -- he isn't starting for Michigan either.

To show the depth across the board at Michigan right now. We signed the top LB from the Transfer portal, in Ernest Hausman from Nebraska. The guy had 11 tackles against Michigan last year. He is a backup LB at Michigan.

Show me a team who won the national championship, returned all their skill position talent, as well as 8 of their 11 players on defense and they fell flat the next year? As in, lost multiple games, struggled against teams, etc.? If you are talking about OSU losing a game in a rain storm against MSU as falling flat -- That is ridiculous.

I'm not guaranteeing anything for Michigan. Ohio State has and will always have more talent than UM, based on their recruiting. Under Day though -- I like Michigan's chance any time we play them, as Harbaugh out coaches him and the style of play he has instilled gives OSU and Day fits.
If you have better rankings than the 247 ones let me know. If you're just pulling these rankings out of your ass, I guess that's your prerogative.

I never said michigan was going to lose multiple games or fall flat, you're taking that too far. And to be fair, the last time we saw michigan last year, they were losing to TCU, arguably the worst CFP team ever. Also this isn't about OSU/michigan, but it's downright retarded to say "his style of play gives OSU and Day fits" when Harbaugh is 2-1 vs Day and would be 2-2 if they played in 2020. Bama lost B2B games to Ole Miss back in the 2010s, like that matters? You caught OSU one year with essentially no DC and the next year with a brand new DC installing a completely different scheme. It took Harbaugh 7 years to beat OSU, it's ridiculous to suddenly act like Day can't beat him, especially when he already has (and worse than Harbaugh has ever beaten Day).

Michigan is ranked where they are because of the amount of production they returned from last year's CFP team. They haven't played anybody this year worth while, but what they've done to every team on the schedule is dominate them. 165-13 in the 1st 3 quarters is impressive, no matter who you played.

As far as rankings this early, I don't really put too much thought into it. It is more for fans to discuss than having any actual meaning. Rankings don't really have any meaning until the end of the year.

I agree on the rankings but they have played garbage so they should dominate and we still don’t know who they are until they play legit comp.

That said what’s funny is the schedule they do have. It’s super weak until November

If you have better rankings than the 247 ones let me know. If you're just pulling these rankings out of your ass, I guess that's your prerogative.

I never said michigan was going to lose multiple games or fall flat, you're taking that too far. And to be fair, the last time we saw michigan last year, they were losing to TCU, arguably the worst CFP team ever. Also this isn't about OSU/michigan, but it's downright retarded to say "his style of play gives OSU and Day fits" when Harbaugh is 2-1 vs Day and would be 2-2 if they played in 2020. Bama lost B2B games to Ole Miss back in the 2010s, like that matters? You caught OSU one year with essentially no DC and the next year with a brand new DC installing a completely different scheme. It took Harbaugh 7 years to beat OSU, it's ridiculous to suddenly act like Day can't beat him, especially when he already has (and worse than Harbaugh has ever beaten Day).
Do you think Lou Holtz pulled his statement about OSU randomly out of mid-air when he said OSU's struggles with physical teams that can run the ball? OR......................is it common knowledge to everyone outside of the state of Ohio?

With Harbaugh against OSU -- Michigan stupidly tried to go to the spread offense -- I believe they called it "speed in space". Here is the issue. Michigan can't recruit the WR position like the top teams, and DEFINITELY not like OSU. So we most definitely aren't going to beat them at their own game. What Michigan can do is build a physical team who can run the ball and force their will on teams and that is what Michigan has done the last 2 years.

As I stated -- Michigan isn't more talented than OSU. Michigan is better coached and more physical than OSU and that's why they have won the last two years. Until OSU proves they can play a physical style and Day can compete coaching against Harbaugh -- nothing will change.

K. So how good is that? You’re missing the point Cletus
No, I know what you are saying, they have not played anyone and really only have 2 tough games. Maryland could be interesting but think they beat them going away in the 4th Q.

As I stated -- Michigan isn't more talented than OSU. Michigan is better coached and more physical than OSU and that's why they have won the last two years. Until OSU proves they can play a physical style and Day can compete coaching against Harbaugh -- nothing will change.

Pretty sure the same can be said for Michigan and bowl and cfp games...until they prove they can win one.

Do you think Lou Holtz pulled his statement about OSU randomly out of mid-air when he said OSU's struggles with physical teams that can run the ball? OR......................is it common knowledge to everyone outside of the state of Ohio?

With Harbaugh against OSU -- Michigan stupidly tried to go to the spread offense -- I believe they called it "speed in space". Here is the issue. Michigan can't recruit the WR position like the top teams, and DEFINITELY not like OSU. So we most definitely aren't going to beat them at their own game. What Michigan can do is build a physical team who can run the ball and force their will on teams and that is what Michigan has done the last 2 years.

So you are saying that Harbaugh owns Day?

The pre dumpster fire fire before Fridays dumpster fire game between Illinois & Nebraska at Champaign.

For those complaining about Michigan's schedule this year, according to a report yesterday:

Chris Balas of On3 is reporting ($) that Michigan's 2024 schedule will include USC, Oregon, and Washington, alongside Texas and "protected rivals" OSU & MSU.

For those complaining about Michigan's schedule this year, according to a report yesterday:

Chris Balas of On3 is reporting ($) that Michigan's 2024 schedule will include USC, Oregon, and Washington, alongside Texas and "protected rivals" OSU & MSU.
I see at least 4 teams replacing their QBs and a lot more, MSU that sucks, and OSU who may or may not be replacing their QB, not to mention also losing a lot on offense and defense.

Pretty sure the same can be said for Michigan and bowl and cfp games...until they prove they can win one.
Without a doubt. I'm on record as saying for UM to win a title, it'd be more a lightning in a bottle that season, than being consistently among the national elite. I see UM as a top 10-15 type of program. Michigan simply can't compete in recruiting with the Alabama, Georgia, even OSU's.

What Michigan has done is -- built a program whose physical style gives OSU big problems, as OSU has built a program with a style to compete against the nationally elite. Their biggest weaknesses is now Michigan's biggest strength and it is why Michigan has won the last two games and why, gun to my head, I had to pick who wins this year -- I'm taking Michigan to beat them again.

I agree on the rankings but they have played garbage so they should dominate and we still don’t know who they are until they play legit comp.

That said what’s funny is the schedule they do have. It’s super weak until November
No doubt -- Not much Michigan can do about it. Nebraska is a dumpster fire. Michigan State is a dumpster fire. And we don't play PSU and OSU until the end of the year. I'm happy we are able to give players experience and get them reps in live games to get acclimated before we play PSU and OSU.

Did everyone get their alert?
F7ncDbxWMAAoS9e

I’m laughing Michigan's schedule.

And laughing at them ranked #2 in the country

Back