Post what beer you're drinking right now

Michelob.gif

Heady Topper and some Mikkeller Subway Mosaic. This was actually very enjoyable.

beer-2811164_d0b44_hd.jpeg

beer-3898177_7faa3_hd.jpeg

So happy to see this in North Jersey!

That looks interesting....
It's good, but not great, I think....

I'm thinking without the blackberry, it would be a little better

View attachment 630

Still on my Heady Topper clone. I will say, I'm jealous of those that live near Vermont and can get the real thing if this clone is anywhere close. Definitely my best homebrew to date and will be on a reorder for the future.

Looking forward to the other clones that will be bottled in about a month.
How do you clone them? Do find a recipe online?

@Hu War Yu just enjoyed a Sunday afternoon flight of organic oatmeal stouts. His favorite was the gingerbread.
There is brewery here at Wrightsville beach and they have a beer called a Shark and Stormy which is a monster blonde infused with shredded ginger root. Taste like the sharpest ginger snap you can find. I’m a fan.

goose-island-bourbon-county-stout-2019-16-9oz-2754-1000x1000.png
Grabbed a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout today that I'll plan to try Friday afternoon. Looks really good based on reviews.
I always walk away from the bourbon barrel beers. They just miss the mark for me like they are trying too hard and the flavors don’t really marry well.

I always walk away from the bourbon barrel beers. They just miss the mark for me like they are trying too hard and the flavors don’t really marry well.
Robot Reaction GIF

My third cup of coffee.

How do you clone them? Do find a recipe online?

I get them online, since I don't have a homebrew supply store close to me. There are recipe kits already put together that include the specialty grains, malt extract, and all of the hops needed. You can choose which type of yeast, and add a few extra things you'd like to modify the base recipe, but they typically come out well. Some of the breweries even help design the recipes for the 5 gallon homebrewer. Nothing is ever exactly like the original, but they can come close.

Bourbon barrel stouts aren't necessarily my favorites, but I do enjoy the occasional one here or there. Imperial/double IPAs are my go to beers, but I'll drink most anything. I'll try to make some seasonal type beers in the future, such as Irish Reds for St. Patrick's Day, wheat beers for summer, stouts/porters for winter, etc.

Dry Country IPA
E3502650-1541-411C-8161-ADA2D9C88042.jpeg