Question for NFL/CFB fan interest

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
When you have an NFL team and CFB team in the same city, which has more dedicated fan/more media attention?

When you have an NFL team in the same state as CFB which has more dedicated fans/more media attention?

I think cities the NFL team dominates whereas in a state I think there’s higher potential that a CFB program takes superiority. IE, falcons/UGA, Titans/Volunteers, LSU/Saints.

Florida, California and Texas can’t really apply to this question. Too big and have too many of everything.

I don’t think so, look at falcons, titans, saints. They don’t measure up to UGA, UT and LSU, at least I don’t think

Back home it is Packers first, Badgers also-ran.
That would make sense, but I’ve always felt GB had sort of a college football type atmosphere and CFB level passionate fan base

When you have an NFL team and CFB team in the same city, which has more dedicated fan/more media attention?

When you have an NFL team in the same state as CFB which has more dedicated fans/more media attention?

I think cities the NFL team dominates whereas in a state I think there’s higher potential that a CFB program takes superiority. IE, falcons/UGA, Titans/Volunteers, LSU/Saints.

Florida, California and Texas can’t really apply to this question. Too big and have too many of everything.

That depends on region or state. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois are all pro team dominated, Michigan is probably split but Lions overall. Ohio is OSU for sure because they have Cincy and Cleveland. Northeast is probably more pro oriented. Down south is CFB for sure.

You think wrong. Mich is split by Mich, MSU and Notre Dame, but they're all Lions fans.
Interesting take. But is you ask a Michigan or msu why they’d rather have, their schools national title or lions SB, I think they’d take their schools championship.

But this perspective I could see why lions media is probably more widely covered

Interesting take. But is you ask a Michigan or msu why they’d rather have, their schools national title or lions SB, I think they’d take their schools championship.

But this perspective I could see why lions media is probably more widely covered

Probably not, Lions Superbowl would be my guess, except the die hard and alums

That depends on region or state. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois are all pro team dominated, Michigan is probably split but Lions overall. Ohio is OSU for sure because they have Cincy and Cleveland. Northeast is probably more pro oriented. Down south is CFB for sure.

in Cincy they're more passionate about the Bengals. Cleveland the Browns.

Columbus is obviously OSU

I would guess the TV numbers are bigger for the Titans in TN but fan passion/support seem to be FAR in UT's favor in person and online .

I would guess the TV numbers are bigger for the Titans in TN but fan passion/support seem to be FAR in UT's favor in person and online .
So presented. UT national title or titans Super Bowl, which you taking and in your opinion what’s majority of Tennesseeans answer

In the end I think they'll all agree that Oregon sucks, if that helps you out at all.

Whoa! That’s surprising
When the Titans moved to Nashville it really cleaned up the Tennessee fan base. 30 years ago it was white trash city in Knoxville during a game but now much more of a family atmosphere. NFL was great for the Vols.