Rae Carruth's son graduating HS

Just read that I'm he last one to get it.

It's only people. People do good. People do bad. Either God intervenes where he chooses, or does not at all. If he picks and chooses, he's kind of a dick. I don't think the overall concept is a difficult one, whether you agree with it or not.

He leaves decisions to us. You have to choose to let him in your heart. We don’t know where or who or when he chooses to intervene. If you’ve been mocking him or making a lot of bad choices, chances are he’s going to sit back and watch.

it’s not difficult at all.

It's only people. People do good. People do bad. Either God intervenes where he chooses, or does not at all. If he picks and chooses, he's kind of a dick. I don't think the overall concept is a difficult one, whether you agree with it or not.

Is frog gone? Yes.

He leaves decisions to us. You have to choose to let him in your heart. We don’t know where or who or when he chooses to intervene. If you’ve been mocking him or making a lot of bad choices, chances are he’s going to sit back and watch.

So, your god is neither omniscient or omnipotent unless she's simply malicious.

Either your god is all knowing and all powerful, or "free will" exists. You can't have both and still call her a "loving" god.

As an atheist, I of course believe in "free will" but also don't believe there's an eternal dictator in the sky.

I think people just make decisions, and life is chaos. Horrible shit happens to great people everyday. Good shit happens to horrible people. The universe is organized chaos, and nothing more.

I think people just make decisions, and life is chaos. Horrible shit happens to great people everyday. Good shit happens to horrible people. The universe is organized chaos, and nothing more.

Life is a roller coaster. Rather go thru it with God than by myself. That’s me but yeah we’ve all been thru the ringer. Some more than others

So, your god is neither omniscient or omnipotent unless she's simply malicious.

Either your god is all knowing and all powerful, or "free will" exists. You can't have both and still call her a "loving" god.

As an atheist, I of course believe in "free will" but also don't believe there's an eternal dictator in the sky.
It’s a relationship just like anything else. You have to make the first move.

I think the hang up here is some of y’all had some weird or extreme people lead you to “church”. God is love so you have to open up and talk to Him.

If you don’t like Him or want to give Him a chance well… that’s you

We all fall short of the glory of God. We are all broken and all are sinners.

We live on this life for maybe 80 years but spend eternity with our loved ones in Heaven.

You don't need to make friends at church right away. Go to service that is bible based. Get into a sunday school class and sit in the back corner. start a relationship with God during the worship singing.. talk to him. thank him for all that you have and the abilities he has given you.

I'll be open and honest. I'm not a big fan of the head pastor at my church. I think he is Godly - I think he tries to do the right thing, but I don't agree with him on worldly issues as we come from very different backgrounds. After I was ordained a deacon in the church, I had a heart to heart with another deacon that night regarding my faith and my struggles with this pastor. He said that God is putting you here for a reason and keep praying that you are in the right spot. I know my spot in that church and how I am helping people as they come in with a smile , someone they are able to talk with , and knowing that I am planting seeds when I teach the 1st graders.

It’s a relationship just like anything else. You have to make the first move.

I think the hang up here is some of y’all had some weird or extreme people lead you to “church”. God is love so you have to open up and talk to Him.

If you don’t like Him or want to give Him a chance well… that’s you

Tell that to the kids your god lets die of cancer.

If your god is real, she doesn't give a flying fuck about us.

Life is a roller coaster. Rather go thru it with God than by myself. That’s me but yeah we’ve all been thru the ringer. Some more than others
That is your choice. Its not about being through the ringer for me either.
So I have an aunt that told my wife, "Maybe now we can get him to go to church" after my daughter was killed. She thinks god is punishing me for not raising my kids in the church or being a believer myself. Her kids, btw, are also all completely fucked up, and have basically abandoned her because she always tried to pound the square peg into the round hole with them. She claims to be a woman of god, but is just kind of evil if you ask me. When I confronted her about what she said, she told me that I couldn't raise good kids without the church, and that my daughter might still be here if I was a believer. To which I said, "If "your" god would do this to anyone, you can have him". I dont blame god, as I didnt believe before, so how could I? Haha.

Now, I am not trying to put any of that on anyone else that believes, but that is the mindset of a great portion of them. My daughter was a better person at 13 than she will ever be. My son is a firefighter in one of the most elite fire departments in the country. My other daughter is an exceptional college student, and is always doing charity work, and donating her time to causes she believes in. I have never taken my kids into a church for anything that wasn't a wedding, or a funeral. My son married a religious girl, and they attend church every Sunday. That was his choice, and I would never discourage it. My daughter thinks a little more like I do, and just wants to make a difference where she thinks she can. They are both very good people, and raised in Sin City, without the church, and been through the ringer at a young age. Is that because of god? Is my other daughter dead because of god? I say no to both.

The larger point for me is whatever works for you, works for you. Nothing works for everyone. I don't expect anyone to believe the way that I do, and quite frankly don't think many people could handle it. I will never shit on anyone's beliefs until they decide to project some shit on me.

I do find myself hoping there is a hell sometimes though. When some piece of shit kills his family, and offs himself, or a POS shoots up school, I hope I'm wrong as FUCK! They shouldn't get off that easy. other than that, I'm good.

The wife got some new coffee, and that shit is woke as fuck dawg!

We all fall short of the glory of God. We are all broken and all are sinners.
I've never sinned.

We live on this life for maybe 80 years but spend eternity with our loved ones in Heaven.
Except for the ones we know are in hell, right? How could anyone possibly enjoy heaven knowing some of their loved ones are suffering in hell?

You don't need to make friends at church right away. Go to service that is bible based. Get into a sunday school class and sit in the back corner. start a relationship with God during the worship singing.. talk to him. thank him for all that you have and the abilities he has given you.
Been there, done that.

I'll be open and honest. I'm not a big fan of the head pastor at my church. I think he is Godly - I think he tries to do the right thing, but I don't agree with him on worldly issues as we come from very different backgrounds. After I was ordained a deacon in the church, I had a heart to heart with another deacon that night regarding my faith and my struggles with this pastor. He said that God is putting you here for a reason and keep praying that you are in the right spot. I know my spot in that church and how I am helping people as they come in with a smile , someone they are able to talk with , and knowing that I am planting seeds when I teach the 1st graders.
Teaching 1st graders religion ... I call that indoctrination.

You are really stupid. Do we stop believing that God exists because you are stupid?

I've never sinned.

Except for the ones we know are in hell, right? How could anyone possibly enjoy heaven knowing some of their loved ones are suffering in hell?

Been there, done that.

Teaching 1st graders religion ... I call that indoctrination.

I don't teach religion. I teach to have a relationship with God and Jesus

You are really stupid. Do we stop believing that God exists because you are stupid?

Curious thing for a guy who has the user name and avatar of a famous deist to say.

lol

That is your choice. Its not about being through the ringer for me either.
So I have an aunt that told my wife, "Maybe now we can get him to go to church" after my daughter was killed. She thinks god is punishing me for not raising my kids in the church or being a believer myself. Her kids, btw, are also all completely fucked up, and have basically abandoned her because she always tried to pound the square peg into the round hole with them. She claims to be a woman of god, but is just kind of evil if you ask me. When I confronted her about what she said, she told me that I couldn't raise good kids without the church, and that my daughter might still be here if I was a believer. To which I said, "If "your" god would do this to anyone, you can have him". I dont blame god, as I didnt believe before, so how could I? Haha.

Now, I am not trying to put any of that on anyone else that believes, but that is the mindset of a great portion of them. My daughter was a better person at 13 than she will ever be. My son is a firefighter in one of the most elite fire departments in the country. My other daughter is an exceptional college student, and is always doing charity work, and donating her time to causes she believes in. I have never taken my kids into a church for anything that wasn't a wedding, or a funeral. My son married a religious girl, and they attend church every Sunday. That was his choice, and I would never discourage it. My daughter thinks a little more like I do, and just wants to make a difference where she thinks she can. They are both very good people, and raised in Sin City, without the church, and been through the ringer at a young age. Is that because of god? Is my other daughter dead because of god? I say no to both.

The larger point for me is whatever works for you, works for you. Nothing works for everyone. I don't expect anyone to believe the way that I do, and quite frankly don't think many people could handle it. I will never shit on anyone's beliefs until they decide to project some shit on me.

I do find myself hoping there is a hell sometimes though. When some piece of shit kills his family, and offs himself, or a POS shoots up school, I hope I'm wrong as FUCK! They shouldn't get off that easy. other than that, I'm good.

The wife got some new coffee, and that shit is woke as fuck dawg!

It's official. You're god damn Papa Bear of the year again you ol' sonofagun you.
I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm proud of you.

Yeah I’ve seen it with my own bro and sis going thru a lot of hospitals man. Both of them are miracles. Both have lived past their life expectancy. I don’t blame God. They don’t either and they continue to live and do their best. I would be lying if there not times of confusion and anger.

Go into a children’s hospital and it’s a humbling experience. The attitudes of those kids is the most impressive thing I’ve ever experienced.