Random Baseball Twitter

billy-dee-williams-clapping.gif

I believe he lives in S Florida now. He has avoided any attention since the play, but this makes me think maybe the Marlins have involved him in some way.

Then again, I know nothing about that Twitter account. It is probably a parody account…

Holy shit. That is a Jomboy account. Still may have been a joke, but it has at least a little bit of legitimacy now…

"The team is so bad people aren't going to see the thing they already paid for" is certainly a take.

The GIF is from the movie "Lady Sings the Blues", where Billy Dee played Billie Holliday's husband. But to link it to baseball he also played "Bingo Long", and since it was around the same time period Bingo didn't even look/dress all that differently.

Maybe I should have made a "Harvey Dent" reference instead :wink:

The GIF is from the movie "Lady Sings the Blues", where Billy Dee played Billie Holliday's husband. But to link it to baseball he also played "Bingo Long", and since it was around the same time period Bingo didn't even look/dress all that differently.

Maybe I should have made a "Harvey Dent" reference instead :wink:
I just used the gif b/c it was a cool cat clapping in an oh so cool manner.

I just used the gif b/c it was a cool cat clapping in an oh so cool manner.

No explanation required, I knew/suspected that when I responded. I didn't think that you were referencing it but I thought you might get the reference.

Oh my. Oh no. No. :burt:

Oh my. Oh no. No. :burt:

String him up. Slips of the tongue are the scurge of society, and his grandkids now have a debt that they will be unable to fulfill.

Evil bastard.

String him up. Slips of the tongue are the scurge of society, and his grandkids now have a debt that they will be unable to fulfill.

Evil bastard.

I'm not saying that at all. I may have used Bert inappropriately?

I don't think that he had any bad intent here, I think he was kinda thinking/talking quickly, "doing his job" and said the wrong thing by accident. But I also think that he is probably not dismissing it or laughing it off as if it's the same thing as if he had erred and said "Leap" instead of "League". I guess I'm just saying that it is unfortunate that it happened.

But kinda funny too, of course :wink:

I'm not saying that at all. I may have used Bert inappropriately?

I don't think that he had any bad intent here, I think he was kinda thinking/talking quickly, "doing his job" and said the wrong thing by accident. But I also think that he is probably not dismissing it or laughing it off as if it's the same thing as if he had erred and said "Leap" instead of "League". I guess I'm just saying that it is unfortunate that it happened.

But kinda funny too, of course :wink:
Sorry. I was not attacking you in any way. I was attacking the concept in general. He said “n…” instead of “negro” while laying praise on the museum. It was clearly a stutter. Nothing more.

I apologize if it came across as an attack on you.