Random Baseball Twitter

The Orioles sure as fuck don’t I guess. Just sent Holliday down after he hit almost .500 with 2 dings and 2 steals.

.311 is closer to the Mendoza Line than it is to .500 :wink:
But yeah, seemed like he had a good (enough) spring.

The bigger question is in the outfield. Who is it that Ryan McKenna has pictures of and what exactly is happening in those pictures? It's gotta be just disgustingly bad. Animals are involved for sure.

.311 is closer to the Mendoza Line than it is to .500 :wink:
But yeah, seemed like he had a good (enough) spring.

The bigger question is in the outfield. Who is it that Ryan McKenna has pictures of and what exactly is happening in those pictures? It's gotta be just disgustingly bad. Animals are involved for sure.
6 for 14 is .311?

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Holliday made a strong case to make the major league roster this spring, going 6-for-14 with two homers, six RBIs and two steals in Grapefruit League action.

I see him as having gone 14 for 45 this spring, where did you get 6 for 14 from?

The worldwide leader in sports.

(Who apparently put .311 in their header, but 6 for 14 in their article.)

The worldwide leader in sports.

(Who apparently put .311 in their header, but 6 for 14 in their article.)

Looks like the AP fucked it up and ESPN (and others) ran it.

He had 45 ABs, 14 hits and 6 runs and those numbers are next to each other in the basic stat line. I'm guessing that the table headers were wrong (or more likely someone/something read them wrong) so in the story his 14 hits became 14 ABs and his 6 runs became 6 hits.

He had 45 ABs, 14 hits and 6 runs and those numbers are next to each other in the basic stat line. I'm guessing that the table headers were wrong (or more likely someone/something read them wrong) so in the story his 14 hits became 14 ABs and his 6 runs became 6 hits.

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Holliday will still get his chance and I think there's at least a case to be made to send him down. But poor Kyle Stowers has zero to prove/learn at AAA. If I were a Japanese GM I would have been calling his agent yesterday. "Big opportunity! Fans will love big California surfer home run king, client has to catch this wave!"

Funny fact that may have been mentioned on here. If it was, sorry, not going through 32 pages.

Ernie Shore apparently pitched a "perfect" game in 1917. 27 straight outs without allowing a runner.

However, he was only credited with a combined no hitter bc Babe Ruth actually started the game but got tossed after walking the first batter and punching the umpire

Would have been something if this was how Buxton got hurt for the year this season

Tony Clark sucks