Random Baseball Twitter

Just another example of the same thing at a different store/site/country, no? A retailer marketing a pre-made version.
But Harper actually plays for the Phillies. Chapman doesn’t play for the Jays. Maybe they are BS underground sites, in which case I was having a totally different conversation than you. But ASSUMING the sites are legit, selling a Harper jersey is totally legal (as long as the Phil’s, Harper, the MLBPA, etc all get their cut) while selling a Chapman Jays jersey isn’t legit since that combination never existed.

It would be like a retailer selling an “official” Mays Dodger jersey. That’s illegal. But a Dodger fan buying a blank jersey and having “Mays” and “24” put on the back is totally legit.

But Harper actually plays for the Phillies. Chapman doesn’t play for the Jays. Maybe they are BS underground sites, in which case I was having a totally different conversation than you. But ASSUMING the sites are legit, selling a Harper jersey is totally legal (as long as the Phil’s, Harper, the MLBPA, etc all get their cut) while selling a Chapman Jays jersey isn’t legit since that combination never existed.

It would be like a retailer selling an “official” Mays Dodger jersey. That’s illegal. But a Dodger fan buying a blank jersey and having “Mays” and “24” put on the back is totally legit.

Ah, OK now I see what you're asking/saying.

Matt Chapman does play for the Blue Jays. What they are selling is a Matt Chapman jersey with Matt Chapman's number on it so nothing about that would be illegal. They are not using Aroldis Chapman's number. That, as you say, would be illegal. This is not a scam, just a funny website error.

Ah, OK now I see what you're asking/saying.

Matt Chapman does play for the Blue Jays. What they are selling is a Matt Chapman jersey with Matt Chapman's number on it so nothing about that would be illegal. They are not using Aroldis Chapman's number. That, as you say, would be illegal. This is not a scam, just a funny website error.
Ah…

I didn’t make that connection. Of course.

Nevermind…

:whistle:

have to imagine the folks down here can't wait for the lerners to sell.

have to imagine the folks down here can't wait for the lerners to sell.

I have not followed the story closely at all, but I certainly thought it was weird that he was announcing his retirement. I figured it was probably similar to Prince Fielder when he retired. He was retiring due to injury, and therefore still eligible for the entirety of his contract.

Make sure that you pronounce it correctly :wink:

Rob Lowe Hello GIF by SoFi

Trying to get extra eyes on your Twitter account? Why would you randomly quote that tweet if it weren’t yours?
Is there an unwritten rule that you can't post your own tweet?

Is there an unwritten rule that you can't post your own tweet?
Not at all. Is there an unwritten rule that you can’t call someone out for it?

Trying to get extra eyes on your Twitter account? Why would you randomly quote that tweet if it weren’t yours?
because there's never not a wrong time to laugh at those padres fans .