Rather?: .400 vs 3000

Rather?: .400 vs 3000

• 2568 hits and batted .400 in a single (qualified) season.

• 3004 hits and career average .286

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are more .400 hitters that aren’t in the HOF than there are 3000 hit guys that aren’t.

And 2/5 of the 3000 hit guys are Pujols and Miggy. Rose gets in when he dies. Leaving ARod and Palmiero.
How long ago did that 400 guy who didn't make it exist?

If someone was on a .400 chase this season, it’d be the most epic thing in baseball since the Cubs won in 2016 and anything in the last several decades. Pujols retiring or Cabrera reaching 3000 isn’t 2% as exciting as that would be.

It would only be rivaled by the McGuire-Sosa race or Barry Bonds homer record setter.

Didn’t flub. Y’all just expanding the modifier to the ridiculous instead of using the modifier as obviously intended
punctuation and sentence structure are a thing, yo.

If someone was on a .400 chase this season, it’d be the most epic thing in baseball since the Cubs won in 2016 and anything in the last several decades. Pujols retiring or Cabrera reaching 3000 isn’t 2% as exciting as that would be.

It would only be rivaled by the McGuire-Sosa race or Barry Bonds homer record setter.

You're telling me that you've never gone on a baseball related date where you had a better time than you did staying up to watch that jacked up ginger on Sportscenter? :wink: :noidea:

You're telling me that you've never gone on a baseball related date where you had a better time than you did staying up to watch that jacked up ginger on Sportscenter? :wink: :noidea:
I’m not giving my opinion. If it was my experience, then going to see the loser Orioles in 2006 on the last home game of the season at Camden with the 5’10” blonde on Fan Appreciation Night would be at the top of the list.
I’m talking about general impact: That McGuire Sosa race and the Bonds homer record breaker were big… much bigger than Cabrera breaking 3000 or Pujols or Big Papi retirement tour.
The .400 chase in this era? That would be up there with Bonds and McGuire Sosa

I’m not giving my opinion. If it was my experience, then going to see the loser Orioles on the last home game of the season at Camden with the 5’10” blonde on Fan Appreciation Night would be at the top of the list.
I’m talking about general impact: That McGuire Sosa race and the Bonds homer record breaker were big… much bigger than Cabrera breaking 3000 or Pujols or Big Papi retirement tour.
The .400 chase in this era? That would be up there with Bonds and McGuire Sosa

Ricky Gervais GIF by Golden Globes

Hell, Kerry Wood striking out twenty, which today is the anniversary of, was a bigger deal than Cabrera breaking 3000

.400 in today's game would be insane. just a completely different game now than it was a century ago. better fielders and better pitching (starter arsenals weren't nearly as deep then), not to mention pitcher usage (hitters don't get the benefit of facing a starter 4+ times in a game anymore)

Hell, Kerry Wood striking out twenty, which today is the anniversary of, was a bigger deal than Cabrera breaking 3000
Who cares if it is a big deal if like you said it is "my" personal opinion? Give me the more hits which means I had more years of service and get a bigger retirement check.

Who cares if it is a big deal if like you said it is "my" personal opinion? Give me the more hits which means I had more years of service and get a bigger retirement check.
But you’d give up the chance to tattoo your face and “Mr. .400” across @Thiefery ’s lower back when you win the ‘trampstamp bet’ and Ewers isn’t drafted in the first round next year.

But you’d give up the chance to tattoo your face and “Mr. .400” across @Thiefery ’s lower back when you win the ‘trampstamp bet’ and Ewers isn’t drafted in the first round next year.
lol Quinn is going in the first rd.. and i already have a tramp stamp :(

lol Quinn is going in the first rd.. and i already have a tramp stamp :(
If you copied my Applewhite pissing on Simms tattoo, imma sue!!

IMG_7011.jpeg

Last edited: